Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2014 9:36:31 AM EDT
I have a chance to buy a large amount of Independence XM1983I for about $.30 a round. Would this be good stuff to buy a put away?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried some last year and have nothing bad to say about it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Its repackaged IMI--good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Wondering, how do you know that?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Manufactured in Isreal by IMI, XM193I is an excellent practice and varmint round! Ideal for use in M16A1s and other standard rifles with 1:12" barrel twist rate, this ammo fully complies with United States MIL-C-9963F specifications and is in use by the IDF as well as NATO forces! Features non-corrosive, non-mercuric boxer primers. "
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

"Manufactured in Isreal by IMI, XM193I is an excellent practice and varmint round! Ideal for use in M16A1s and other standard rifles with 1:12" barrel twist rate, this ammo fully complies with United States MIL-C-9963F specifications and is in use by the IDF as well as NATO forces! Features non-corrosive, non-mercuric boxer primers. "
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Over the last couple years, I have probably shot through about 1k of it.
It is decent stuff, no complaints.
My rifles seem to like PMC XTAC much better though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Went ahead and bought 1k rounds of it for $.33 per round. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#8]
IMI XM193 is good to go. I've fired at least a thousand rounds of it with zero issues. It's good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]
It is XM193 spec ammo made in Israel and is inexpensive.  It does what 55gr 5.56 ammo is supposed to do.

IMO the biggest issues with it are the packaging (because it looks like ammo one would buy with food stamps)  and the low price.   I am sure if they doubled the price and put dayglow redneck deer hunting logos on the boxes it would magically be the next go to round for everything.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm kind of in the same boat. If you guys had to choose between that and Wolf Gold .223 what would you take ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm kind of in the same boat. If you guys had to choose between that and Wolf Gold .223 what would you take ?
View Quote

If they are both the same price, go with the 5.56
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top