Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2014 8:45:50 PM EDT
Went shooting today and shot a 30 rnd box of ZQI 556 NATO and I saved the brass (as before). I chased around retrieving my brass and I guess the shooters observed me doing it. When I was done and packing up two shooters gave me their brass, 50 rnd of PPU which I know what that is and 50 rnd of LC.

Now the headstamp IDs showed two different makes with LC, Lake City and an Hungarian made for Armscorp. Any way to tell which it is?

Whoops, gotta have a pic and wasn't easy but I got it through a magnifying glass.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like Lake City to me
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Do Lake city make 223 and 556 or just one or the other? Also does the primer look like it cratered?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]
LC makes 5.56, but there has been some Fed/Am eagle 223 with FC headstamp.  

Hard to see much in the pic, but the primer doesn't look bad to me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Most likely it's AE then. I got some AEs in my ammo can so I'll compare 'em. Thanks.

Yes, it's marked FC and the ones I'm looking at is LC. A little confusion there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most likely it's AE then. I got some AEs in my ammo can so I'll compare 'em. Thanks.
View Quote

I don't think the AE had the NATO circle/cross though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah, now I'm learning something.

That symbol's only for 556 NATO?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah, now I'm learning something.

That symbol's only for 556 NATO?
View Quote

that is a NATO symbol....not just 556
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Ah, got it. Of course there's other NATO calibers.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top