Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 1:47:28 PM EDT
Is it ok to store my ammo in them? I picked up 4 .50 cal cans with the markings on the side at a show this past weekend. They looked fine on the outside with the exception of a few marks, but the insides were pretty bad. I managed to clean them up pretty good except for some rust in the cracks and crevices on the inside. I coated them with a light layer of oil and let them sit for a few days before loading them up with 1000 rounds each of 5.56 in factory packages. So is it ok for the ammo to sit in these sealed cans despite the slight rust that I couldnt get out? Long term how does the condition of the cans affect the ammo?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Youre good. Leave them in the factory packages though just so loose rust doesnt end up getting inside your gun. The main thing you want to keep from getting in your ammo can is moisture. So if theres no holes then dont sweat it
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top