Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2014 6:13:23 PM EDT
I just bought (40) 7 pocket bandoleers.  When the shipment arrived the first thing I noticed was that they are a heavy cotton canvas.  I am used to the 7 pocket bandoleers that have a similar material to the now in service 4 pocket bandoleers.  The bandoleers appear to be un-issued as advertised and came with a large safety pin to hold a loading spoon on the carry strap.  The bandoleers are marked Nov 74.  

My question is:  are these genuine milspec?

Thanks in advance for you help!
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:19:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Kindly post a pic

then we can tell. if they're marked in a black block print, sounds better.

I would not put anything past the CHINAMAN these days...they will counterfeit and knock off anything.

BUT, as long as they're built well and will hold up to carrying ammo, what's the diff? unless you're into authentic re-enactment deals.

just sayin...

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Aussie bandoleers are heavy cotton canvas (their 7.62 bandoleers are waterproofed, too).

All US bandoleers for 5.56 have always been light-weight cotton.  I think Aussie bandos are better, because they're more rugged.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
THe 7 pocket bandos that I have are the same thin cotton matterial as the new 4 pocket. They are a little lighter green in color.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you happen to get them from Numrich / e-gunparts?

I bought a bunch for cheap too.  They are not real to my knowledge.  Have gold safety pin as opposed to black are rougher material and less finely sewn than actual bandoliers.  
Before I figured out they were immitation I had sold a few on eBay to a buyer who demanded refund (which I provided).

Mine are also ALL stamped NOV 74.  I bought probably 50.

They still work for my purpose, storing clipped ammunition and being tucked into an ammo can.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top