Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2014 8:10:52 PM EDT
I purchased 10 boxes of these to see what they are all about.  I did a search on them but found the posts to be already a few years old.  There were some mixed reviews so hopefully this time around everything should be fixed.  How is this ammo recently?  Anything I should worry about?  Upon inspection everything looks like its good to go.  Won't be able to go to the range anytime soon so I won't find out how they perform.  Thought I should ask, just hope its good surplus ammo.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Well.....you have already bought it!  If it were me I'd shoot it up and sell the empty brass.  Don't try to reload it, it's a PITA.  Shoots meh.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Every rifle is different. Try it, your rifle may like it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I had lots of problems with it in the areas of consistency of velocity with some failures to eject.  I don't buy it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a case of it b/c it comes in sealed packs. [also Freedom Munitions was selling it and shipping was $5] I already have a pack of Prvi M193 so I could spare a pack of the Igman for testing. But then I'm not a terribly god shot. ^_^
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, with money being tight as it is, I can't go to the range anytime soon so I can't find out if this is good ammo just yet.  I can get this locally as I know of a local fun store that stocks this by the case.  So if this is good ammo I will pick up a case.  Lemme know if this is good surplus ammo to stock up on.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought some from Freedom Munitions. The ones I checked had the same POI as IMI M193 at 200 yds (18" Nordic 1:8 barrel), and about the same group size. But one failed to fire so with the limited rounds fired, not sure I would get it again.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't had any issues with it to date
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a range trip planned for Wednesday, going with a Marine reservist from work. Going to take one of the battlepacks of Igman and a box of AE 5.56. My 731ish did 2" @ 50 yards on WMC last time, we'll see where things go this week.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]
GTG

I'm about 300 round into a case made in October 2013.   No issues.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Range trip to test the Igman postponed. Friend's car started to blow out a coolant line on the way and he's got to nurse it home and fix it. Lmccrock and VBC's anecdotes make me optimistic though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#11]
My 2 cents, it's good range ammo, but I've had better; however it's still fun! That said, groups aren't the tightest, but it works.. about 1-2 inches (Not MOA) with the occasional flyers at 50 yds. Some group on top one another. At 100 it seems to be your standard 2-4 MOA.

My best/favorite clone is PMC X-TAC .. I can clover leaf those (50 yds and under). Ammo and lots do vary lot to lot though.

I don't know if that helps. It's just another standard M193 clone.

Tl;DR Good range ammo and M193 clone, but could be a little more consistent.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:55:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, my SAR-3 likes it. When I stopped pulling shots I did 2" @ 50 yards.

My AR, which has a 16" PSA chrome lined M4 barrel and a PSA bolt, did not. Had a hard time staying on paper, plus one shell got stuck in the chamber and ripp-...  

...I never cleaned the AR after shooting Wolf through it last time...bore is clean and shiny though, still crap accuracy. This rifle does 2" @ 50yds with military classic 62grn. Friend is going away for demo training, going to save my bulk box of AE556 for when he comes back. I'll also have a M16A1 clone to try the Igman on. ^_^
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top