Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 4:30:01 PM EDT
I bought a box, but have not had a chance to get out to the ranch to hog hunt. I plan on using it for hogs and deer later on in the year.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It routinely penetrates to 18" in gel tests I've seen. So a bit much for thin skinned game/idiots.

Big gnarly 400lbs hog with a shoulder plate like a tank? Sounds nice.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:22:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw a post online somewhere where the TSX, GMX, and Razorback were compared.  The razorback came in second to the TSX.

Edit:  it was actually here on AR15:  Copper 223 rounds
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I've shot some pigs with them.  They do quite well, in my experience.  I also shot a couple of does as well.  Dead as they come was the result.  

As I recall, they don't open quite as well as the TSX, but effective none the less.

On a side note, I have really gotten to the opinion, that we are in the most awesome time, when it comes to ammo, and our guns.  
We will fight to the end, about "this kills better than that".  There are a TON of great rounds, both pistol and rifle, that it is astounding.  So I guess my point, is that there are so few differences, when dealing with all the premium ammos, that it is complete hair splitting, in the end.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top