Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 4:18:40 AM EDT
I'm looking for a good Sierra Matchking ammo for my RRA NM AR-15. Something in the 69 grain range. Anyone out there have a manufacturer they'd recommend?? I'm going to be shooting in the Service Rifle CMP matches next year and I'm looking for a good bullet to use. I'm using the iPhone Ballistic: AE app and would like a good bullet that also shows up in their database. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are pricey, but I bet they are in the database...and also nailers.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/953163187/federal-premium-gold-medal-ammunition-223-remington-69-grain-sierra-matchking-hollow-point-boat-tail
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/953163187/federal-premium-gold-medal-ammunition-223-remington-69-grain-sierra-matchking-hollow-point-boat-tail

Quoted:
Check out Black Hills.  However, if you're going to be getting into highpower, you're going to want to start reloading.  Ammo cost will eat you up.

I have been very happy with FGMM and BH. Both will shoot nice groups, with a slight edge to BH. High power is the reason I started reloading. I was fine shooting 55gr whatever at $0.35 per round. The $1 plus per adds up quick. A single stage press set up will pay for itself in a year.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:18:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have been very happy with FGMM and BH. Both will shoot nice groups, with a slight edge to BH. High power is the reason I started reloading. I was fine shooting 55gr whatever at $0.35 per round. The $1 plus per adds up quick. A single stage press set up will pay for itself in a year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Check out Black Hills.  However, if you're going to be getting into highpower, you're going to want to start reloading.  Ammo cost will eat you up.

This is very good advice, reloading will be a big benefit and cost saving measure should you get serious. I personally have liked BH loads and they are well regarded, I'll defer to both the gentleman above me on the FGMM. If you're just getting started either will probably suit you well so long as your rifle doesn't really dislike either round.

This is the third time I've quoted you today.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top