Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Meh, while that is technically correct, it is not uncommon for some rifles to shoot smaller groups (in MOA not total size) at longer ranges. For example a rifle that shoots a 1 inch group at 100 should shoot a 3 inch group at 300, but that rifle shoots a 2 inch group instead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That shouldn't be possible. Rounds can not spread then contract  the group would spread in zero wind exponentially until gravity pulled them into the earth

Correct.

Meh, while that is technically correct, it is not uncommon for some rifles to shoot smaller groups (in MOA not total size) at longer ranges. For example a rifle that shoots a 1 inch group at 100 should shoot a 3 inch group at 300, but that rifle shoots a 2 inch group instead.

It's not correct, good bullets regularly group better MOA at longer ranges, the effect becomes more pronounced with longer bullets. The "time to sleep" downrange distance also gets longer the faster you go in twist rate which is one reason why the high precision guys don't like excessively fast twist rates.

All this was discussed (along with a ton of GD BS) in this thread earlier this year, with all the supporting links etc etc:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1578254__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Bullets_accurate_at_600yd_but_not_100yd_.html

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming razor core discussion
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's not correct, good bullets regularly group better MOA at longer ranges, the effect becomes more pronounced with longer bullets. The "time to sleep" downrange distance also gets longer the faster you go in twist rate which is one reason why the high precision guys don't like excessively fast twist rates.

All this was discussed (along with a ton of GD BS) in this thread earlier this year, with all the supporting links etc etc:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1578254__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Bullets_accurate_at_600yd_but_not_100yd_.html

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That shouldn't be possible. Rounds can not spread then contract  the group would spread in zero wind exponentially until gravity pulled them into the earth

Correct.

I used to have a video of this that was shot by my spotter, but I can't put my hands on it. My LMT shoots 175's into about 2 MOA at 100, but 3/4 MOA at 3-400+. Its easy to bang 6" steel at 7-800 with the correct wind dope. The video was taken when we were shooting with our back to the sun, so the sun is glinting off the back of the bullet.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
IMI RAZOR ends this song dogs singing career at 175 yards behind the barn tonight, called in two dogs and killed this one and tried to get the other but he was moving out to fast after his buddy dropped dead in his tracks!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I ordered some boxes back in March from Widener's and all mine say IMI 13 on them.

View Quote

Same here....IMI 13.

Does anyone know what the other two numbers represent?  I have rounds that have a 1 on one side and a 2, 3 or 6 opposite.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Same here....IMI 13.

Does anyone know what the other two numbers represent?  I have rounds that have a 1 on one side and a 2, 3 or 6 opposite.
View Quote

Those numbers identify which production lines the brass was produced on.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#7]
/

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#9]
/

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:34:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#14]
In case anyone is keeping track...I chrono'ed IMI Razor at 2758 fps from an 18" Nordic barrel (1:8 twist, Wilde chamber).
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#15]
A little off topic here...   but has anyone figured out who Wideners is getting this from?  They weren't a distributor last I knew...
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like great ammo! A little off topic but is it safe to buy from Widener's ?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
no, I don't think so.  it was VERY windy, as I said.  The little cluster represents what the ammo will do.  I'm quite impressed.  Hornady 75 gr match does not shoot near as well and costs nearly $1 a round.

But certainly a sled and heavier profile would help
View Quote

out of 4 AR`S  Iv'e got the best accuracy using the 77gr SMK.

My carbines/rifle must not like the 75gr  bullet as well.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#18]
In my tests I fired 10 rd groups
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like great ammo! A little off topic but is it safe to buy from Widener's ?
View Quote

Yes, it's safe now. They got all the problems figured out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

No problems for me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:50:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A little off topic here...   but has anyone figured out who Wideners is getting this from?  They weren't a distributor last I knew...
View Quote

They are moving a bunch of 77gr OTM and M193. Does anyone else sell the 77gr OTM?

I have placed a couple orders with Wideners since they (hopefully) fixed the credit card problem, and ok so far.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Keep updated about your order.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Sniped out another sow from about 125 yards in the rain right at dusk this afternoon using the IMI Razor, the entrance wound from a head on shot was impressive:

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I was out on a feeder for two hours keeping it covered and watching all the deer and coons all over it and drove the Honda Pioneer UTV back the three mile ride to the house after dark. As I round the last curve headed for my house I saw a large hog about 300 yards ahead of me on the side of the forest trail grade in the FLIR M-324. Shut off the engine and doused the Larson Electronics RED LED super blaster headlamp and turned on the T-70 and took one shot below his ear from the driver's seat @ 175 yards with my SIG 556 and IMI 77 grain Razor ammo. He did not seem to notice the super bright red led at all....

Hog dropped dead with a severed spine at the nape of his neck, wish I had turned on the video as it would have been a great thermal video kill, he weighed 325 pounds....your can see the entry wound right under his ear.

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Ha, nice.
They don't look that big until you hang them and stand next to it!
Great shooting.
Still haven't shot the IMI 77 i picked up a while back.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was out on a feeder for two hours keeping it covered and watching all the deer and coons all over it and drove the Honda Pioneer UTV back the three mile ride to the house after dark. As I round the last curve headed for my house I saw a large hog about 300 yards ahead of me on the side of the forest trail grade in the FLIR M-324. Shut off the engine and doused the Larson Electronics RED LED super blaster headlamp and turned on the T-70 and took one shot below his ear from the driver's seat @ 175 yards with my SIG 556 and IMI 77 grain Razor ammo. He did not seem to notice the super bright red led at all....

Hog dropped dead with a severed spine at the nape of his neck, wish I had turned on the video as it would have been a great thermal video kill, he weighed 325 pounds....your can see the entry wound right under his ear.

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/Pioneer%20700/Big%20Black%20Hog/Big%20Black%20Front.jpg

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/Pioneer%20700/Big%20Black%20Hog/Big%20Black%20Hondini.jpg

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/Pioneer%20700/Big%20Black%20Hog/Big%20Black%20Hondini%20Front.jpg

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/Pioneer%20700/Big%20Black%20Hog/Big%20Black%20Side.jpg

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/Pioneer%20700/Big%20Black%20Hog/Me%20&%20Hog.jpg
View Quote

I know shot placement is key,  but your post boost my confidence in the mk262.

Is this your perfered hog hunting round? Also what is your perfered SD round?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#27]
My preferred kill rounds are my BARNES 70 grain TSX handloads, the IMI do not penetrate but they fragment excellently.

HOT FLIRONE Thermal Hog Kill, single headshot 200 yards:

Had not even had this nice instrument for an entire 24 hour period and already the swine are chilling....
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Shot 10 rounds through the chrono today. Averaged around 2800 out of an 18" stainless barrel. ES and SD looked very good although I didn't actually run the numbers yet. Accuracy was nothing to write home about, around 2 MOA.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My preferred kill rounds are my BARNES 70 grain TSX handloads, the IMI do not penetrate but they fragment excellently.

HOT FLIRONE Thermal Hog Kill, single headshot 200 yards:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FlirOne/First%20Hog/First%20Hog%20Iron.JPG

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FlirOne/First%20Hog/First%20Hog%20Rainbow.JPG

Had not even had this nice instrument for an entire 24 hour period and already the swine are chilling....
View Quote

I envy your NV hunting escapades
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Skypup have you tried your setup with a can on?
Wondering if the accuracy would improve and also possibly allow you to get more doubles?  Possibly get sooner followup chances on a group?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I have my cans on my 7.62mms since they are so damn loud and we are sometimes near suburban housing, have two cans being held hostage by ATF for the 556s so maybe by the end of this year I will have the 556s suppressed too.

Looking forward to the 556 cans though, my 7.62s shoot just freaking great with their Gemtech Sandstorms!

Here is a video of it in action, 27MB MP4 for Apple or PC!

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T70/8%20Hogs.mp4
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Do the markings on the cases headstamp mean anything ?

The headstamp reads IMI at 12 o'clock and 13 at 6 o'clock.... but what do the single digits at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock mean ?

Does anyone else find it odd that IMI wouldn't use the same "batch" of cases even if just for accuracy sake ?

I think I feel the OCD kicking in and need to sort them and then fire for accuracy again.... LOL
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top