Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2014 1:27:35 PM EDT
I did a search but found nothing. So, perfecta 223. Is it like xm193? I like the price.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 5:11:59 AM EDT
[#1]
The perfecta .223 is made in italy, appears to be a Fiocchi brand.
It should be fine, they make good ammo..

It is not going to be M193 spec.

You probably need to clarify what you mean by "like M193"

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#2]
We know its 55gr fmj 223 rem. So not being 5.56 it's probably loaded a little weaker than m193. I'm assuming this of course. How else would it be different than m193? Does anyone have experience shooting this ammo? I read it was Tula brassmaxx, which I don't believe. Mostly what I care to know, is this stuff reliable and will it produce a decent group.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We know its 55gr fmj 223 rem. So not being 5.56 it's probably loaded a little weaker than m193. I'm assuming this of course.
it should be loaded to .223 SAMMI specs, so yes, not as hot as 5.56.

How else would it be different than m193?
No primer crimp, primers not sealed, no sealant around the bullets, thicker jacket on the bullet

Does anyone have experience shooting this ammo?
Hopefully someone will chime in. I have not found it locally yet, going to go look today.
Sounds like about .34/rnd to be a good deal for brass cased

I read it was Tula brassmaxx, which I don't believe.
I agree with you. I don't know that Tula makes any ammo in Italy.
I read that the 9mm ammo is DISTRIBUTED by Tulammo USA, the box says made in italy.

Mostly what I care to know, is this stuff reliable and will it produce a decent group.
Reliable, probably yes. (based on the fact that it is a Fiocchi brand of ammo)
Decent group, probably depends on your rifle.
I have shot a lot of Fiocchi .223, it seems to group better with my 1/12 (A1) than my 1/7 (A2) rifle..

View Quote

Hope this helps some.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hope this helps some.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We know its 55gr fmj 223 rem. So not being 5.56 it's probably loaded a little weaker than m193. I'm assuming this of course.
it should be loaded to .223 SAMMI specs, so yes, not as hot as 5.56.

How else would it be different than m193?
No primer crimp, primers not sealed, no sealant around the bullets, thicker jacket on the bullet

Does anyone have experience shooting this ammo?
Hopefully someone will chime in. I have not found it locally yet, going to go look today.
Sounds like about .34/rnd to be a good deal for brass cased

I read it was Tula brassmaxx, which I don't believe.
I agree with you. I don't know that Tula makes any ammo in Italy.
I read that the 9mm ammo is DISTRIBUTED by Tulammo USA, the box says made in italy.

Mostly what I care to know, is this stuff reliable and will it produce a decent group.
Reliable, probably yes. (based on the fact that it is a Fiocchi brand of ammo)
Decent group, probably depends on your rifle.
I have shot a lot of Fiocchi .223, it seems to group better with my 1/12 (A1) than my 1/7 (A2) rifle..

Hope this helps some.

You hope this helps SOME. I don't think I've ever gotten such a clear, and directly related answer/opinion from any forum. I meant to thank you earlier, better late than never.
Gary
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#6]
i picked up 6 boxes of it at WM last week, and the got sick from all the disgusting people at WM that cant stay at home when there sick so i didn't get to go shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 5:55:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You hope this helps SOME. I don't think I've ever gotten such a clear, and directly related answer/opinion from any forum. I meant to thank you earlier, better late than never.
Gary
View Quote

Your welcome.

None of the Walmarts around me have Perfecta or the IMI made Samson ammo.
They only seem to have the overpriced Turkish stuff.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Where in TX are you? I've seen several different brands at several different Wally's here in Irving/Dallas ranging from Tula at $6 for 20 up to the ridiculously priced Turkish stuff you mentioned. Also, the last gun show I went to had reasonably priced 5.56/223. If you live in Texas, gotta be one near you.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where in TX are you? I've seen several different brands at several different Wally's here in Irving/Dallas ranging from Tula at $6 for 20 up to the ridiculously priced Turkish stuff you mentioned. Also, the last gun show I went to had reasonably priced 5.56/223. If you live in Texas, gotta be one near you.
View Quote

Right now I am at our home near Beeville.
Walmart here does not have it.
They do have the 420rnd ammo cans of LC XM193 for $199.00.

They are pretty well stocked with overpriced 5.56,
I think they probably do not want to add any more till they get rid of what they have.

Good news is, I am not really looking to buy any ammo anyway.  
I would pick up some of the Samson and/or Perfecta if I see it, just to try it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:28:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I looked at some Perfecta in 50 round boxes at the local Walmart, it looked pretty good. They had a 3 point "stab" crimp around the primers.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top