Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
any updates from your range trip?
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll give you my Sadu Romanian military nato 5.56 62gr ammo results:

I shot 2 initial sighters plus 30 rounds at 200yds at one of those big orange, 1" per ring 12" targets ( 1" x ring, 2" 10 etc...).  15 rounds with a cheap 4-16x scope, 15 with iron sights. Colt HBAR 20" barrel 1:9 twist Using bipod with rear bag.

Every shot, including the sighters, were on paper.

With the scope there were a few blown out to the left about 4" from wind gusts, one low about 5" from a wtf? moment, the rest were inside of 3" from center, with two bug holes forming inside the 10 ring (2" across), one just above the x ring, and one just below.

With iron sights actually had more x's on that target, but not as many inside the 9 ring (3" across).

When I overlaid a 200yds service rifle center paster target over them, most were 10's, all within the 9 ring, which is 12" across on those targets....heh.....  wish I could do that offhand all the time.......

FWIW, I know this is not the usual group size results people post here, but I tend to evaluate commercial ammo this way instead of measuring every 3-5 shots.   When developing my own loads it's the usual process.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This Saturday i will be taking a few hundred rounds of this to the range to do velocity and accuracy test, so of course ill post the results up here. I'll be using m855 as my control to compare it against an ammo most of us know and don't hate. Sorry its taking so long. It's been a longer healing process than I would have thought.
View Quote

Good results?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Was out in the garage processing some brass to reload and came across something of interest. I could feel a weight difference in some of the brass while sorting it. The Sudu brass seemed to be heavier, that was just going by feel. So I whipped out the scale, deprimmed some cases, and weighed them empty. The Sudu cases were a full 6gn heavier than Federal, and 5.5gn heavier than the Lake City 5.56 brass that I was working with. Cases must be a little thicker. Found this a little interesting.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Only good things to say so far about this company BuyGunsandAmmo and the Sadu 62gr penetrator ammo. Ordered yesterday (03/19/2014) at 1 p.m. and the site says all order placed before 4 p.m. ET are shipped same day. By 5 p.m. I have an email saying shipped with tracking number. Go to check the tracking # at 9 p.m. and its already moving and will arrive today (03/20/2014). Excited doesn't even explain. To order something and receive it the next day is almost unheard of in this industry. By 10 a.m. this morning theres a knock at the door and its your neighborhood FedEx dude.

All in all the box is discreet enough for 500 rounds of 5.56. Total purchase price for 500 rounds was $181.XX with the $19.XX shipping to Florida made the entire purchase $201.XX.. Not too bad for 500 rounds. Boxing and everything in the box looks exactly as that of the OP's pictures so no need to upload anything. Will be at the range this coming up week (most likely Tuesday or Wednesday and will update everyone on the range trip..  
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Just did the calculation for 1000 rounds to Taneytown, Maryland area. Shipping estimate is $31.00 from FedEx

Not sure if I want to pay that much for shipping.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry about the delay in range report everyone. I ended up shooting around 200 rounds of it that day with slightly better than m855 accuracy but my chrono was not playing well with me on that cloudy day so no good data there. More to follow as I go back next Monday and hopefully can get all the information everyone actually wants to see.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry about the delay in range report everyone. I ended up shooting around 200 rounds of it that day with slightly better than m855 accuracy but my chrono was not playing well with me on that cloudy day so no good data there. More to follow as I go back next Monday and hopefully can get all the information everyone actually wants to see.
View Quote

Keep us posted, this is looking to be one of the best options currently available to us for plinking and general use, aside from steel-cased .223.

Just a heads-up to anyone reading this, buy as much as you can, while you can. With the current regime, we might well see another ban on ammo imports. 35 cent 855 is nothing to sneeze at when Lake City is over .40 per.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Alright new range report.
Got out today to do another test between LC M855 and the Sadu ss109 ammo.
Before reading the target some condition info.
Distance fired from:100yards
Firing positions: From bench, using magazine as rest
Low wind
Iron sights
16" Barrel 1:7 twist mid length gas system.
Zero FTE, or FTF from either.
Each target has two different points of aim. Around the X in the center I was shooting for groups, 3 at a time. For the cross near the top 10 shots were fired quickly to gauge a more realistic scenario.

Now i'm far from a great shooter, so take the results with that in mind.
The 2013 LC M855 averaged in the low to mid 2800's (this is lower than the aver in the high 2900's i've had for older M855)
Best group was around 3/4"

For the 2013 Sadu the velocities were much lower. Some in the 2600's with a few in the 2800's. The variance was much large between round to round of the Sadu compared the the LC.
The best group was around 1", but it was slightly more prone to flyers than the M855. (again to remind everyone though, this is not match ammo. this is milspec cheap brass cased ammo)
I do have to say though for just range use and plinking, I was more than happy with the grouping of the Sadu, and even happier when it came to the 10 quick shots and how easy it was to stay on target with the lower pressure.

I think next time i hit the range i may bring along the 18" and an optic and really test either one of these out for accuracy from a led sled, but all and all I was not dissapointed in the performance of the Sadu, especially at its low price tag. I have reloaded some of the brass. It has performed well, both as 5.56 and 300 blackout brass. The walls do appear to be a little thicker, and the case capacity is slightly reduced, but unless you are loading with a type of powder like varget for your 5.56 i doubt this will have any negative effects.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the update, so sadu is a bit weaker round, i wonder how does that compare to 223 or steel cased wolf/tula
btw, 2800f/s out of 16" barrel, wouldn't that be too low for M855?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
thanks for the update, so sadu is a bit weaker round, i wonder how does that compare to 223 or steel cased wolf/tula
View Quote

That is what I would think. I shot some 2012 I had through the chrony at the same distance to test and it was closer to 3,000 but all the 2013 was metering around 2800.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is what I would think. I shot some 2012 I had through the chrony at the same distance to test and it was closer to 3,000 but all the 2013 was metering around 2800.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the muzzle velocity of 2600 got me a bit worried, wouldn't that be out of spec to be m855?
on gun and ammo website they clearly listed "Muzzle Velocity 3,050 FPS"
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep. That's what they have listed. I'm going to draw on a few with a sharpie and see if I was getting a bad reading, but withthe 2012 lake city coming out how i would expect it, it leaves me curious. Bug however though is that the lake city have the green tips, and generally get a good clear reading, so that really could be playing a role. I'll keep everyone updated as I keep testing it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top