User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 117
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spoke with a buddy of mine who manages at Wally World - story he was told today by his regional guy is that Homeland Security is backing out of the latest purchase.

Like some podunk WalMart manager is going to have any insight on that... sounds like the same bullshit walmart employees have been telling us for months: "government is going to tax the ammo", "government is going to require background checks for ammo", "it's against federal law to sell ammo after 10pm", etc

LOL, don't you know, most Walmart managers and SG associates are ex-CIA.

I scored (3) Winchester 555 .22lr boxes on the way home from work at one store this morning, then stopped by the store by my house to see what they had for their bullshit 8am ammo sale. They had a shitload of 9mm and 1 case of M22 that went to some old guy who said he walked in the store at exactly 2:18am. Dude had like a gallon-sized coffee thermos with him and everything. I ended up with 3 more 100rd boxes of Federal 9mm. Maybe I should start calling 1-800-WALMART and go for the evening/morning double-up whenever I see ammo show up on the app at that store
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#2]
That, or it "walked" out the back door and didn't go through a register. When you had employees scan the UPC numbers, did they show that they had some on hand and simply couldn't find it, or did the scanners say zero in stock?[/quote]

I had them put 2 different numbers in.  It looks like there is a UPC code and a seperate Wal Mart number for most things.  It either would show 0 or not in their system.  

Anyone else getting odd brands of ammo?  Waited in line yesterday and the SG brought out 1 case of 9MM and the brand was "PPU".  I said what the heck and got 3 boxes.  Made in Serbia. 14.97 a box/50.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had them put 2 different numbers in.  It looks like there is a UPC code and a seperate Wal Mart number for most things.  It either would show 0 or not in their system.  

Anyone else getting odd brands of ammo?  Waited in line yesterday and the SG brought out 1 case of 9MM and the brand was "PPU".  I said what the heck and got 3 boxes.  Made in Serbia. 14.97 a box/50.

That's not an odd brand. It's Prvi Partizan.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Some PPU showed up right after I got back from Japan. I sent the UPC I thought to Swire but there was some 380 on the shelf at my local one that hadn't shown up on his app.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasilla store has UMC .223 Mega packs of 200 and boxes of .40.  A st. has boxes of .40 and .45.

How much did the UMC .223 megas go for?

$113 I believe is what they were.  I passed.  I also passed the same thing up at Sportsman's Warehouse for $110.  My wife picked up a box though while getting the .22 I asked her to grab.

I'll never understand Remington/UMCs pricing.  

20 round packs are 8.27, fair
50 packs are 28, uh nope.
200 packs 113?  Lol, yeah no.  And those are the normal pre-panic prices.

I think since he is in AK they pay more because of the long distance shipping.

perhaps, but 50 rounds of .223 was 28 bucks normally at walmart and thats NEVER made sense.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Well here is another one he had placed it on FL Gun Trader but took that ad down but his add in Armslist is still up.

( Funny how his screen name is familiar to another member here whinning he isn't getting any ammo.)

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1689129/tampa-ammo-for-sale--remington--357mag-semi-jhp-100-rounds
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well here is another one he had placed it on FL Gun Trader but took that ad down but his add in Armslist is still up.

( Funny how his screen name is familiar to another member here whinning he isn't getting any ammo.)
http://i.imgur.com/DqODKLD.jpg

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1689129/tampa-ammo-for-sale--remington--357mag-semi-jhp-100-rounds

Actually, that doesn't seem that far off. We have these for $65 plus tax where I work, which is a large chain sporting goods store. And we by no means are ripping anyone off on anything we sell.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, that doesn't seem that far off. We have these for $65 plus tax where I work, which is a large chain sporting goods store. And we by no means are ripping anyone off on anything we sell.

Here in FL those go for $54.17
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasilla store has UMC .223 Mega packs of 200 and boxes of .40.  A st. has boxes of .40 and .45.

$113 I believe is what they were.  I passed.  I also passed the same thing up at Sportsman's Warehouse for $110.  My wife picked up a box though while getting the .22 I asked her to grab.

perhaps, but 50 rounds of .223 was 28 bucks normally at walmart and thats NEVER made sense.

We do pay a higher price here most of the time.  The prices seem to be rising too.  We just got UMC mega packs of .45acp in today, at 109.00. Pretty sure I bought the same thing a few months ago for 105.  I might have to go through my receipts.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We do pay a higher price here most of the time.  The prices seem to be rising too.  We just got UMC mega packs of .45acp in today, at 109.00. Pretty sure I bought the same thing a few months ago for 105.  I might have to go through my receipts.

The UMC .45 mega pack sells for $107 here in VA. Not bad at $109 for AK.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#13]
They are back up This guy is at all the walmarts within his area and resells for 2 to 3 X's the price

He even posts his Tel #  WOW  

http://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=310994
http://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=310992

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Walmart app has been good to me also living in a rural area might help I only have to compete with a 1/2dozen guys
In the last 6 to 8 weeks I've been able to buy almost 5000 rnds of 22lr, 1260 rnds of XM855, 600 rnds Fed 223, 60 rnds of win 556, 1100 rnds of 9mm, and 900 rnds of 45acp.  I check the app every eve around 8:00 and ammo comes out at 7:00 am and it's coming pretty regular and aways more than app shows because its not listed. May get a few more 45 but really want some 308 have yet to see any closeby.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I always email them and make offer
at Wallyword prices just to piss em off.
Works pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works pretty good.

I use a fake email account and send them messages saying "I'll take it, when can you meet?". Once they email me back, I'll wait until late evening or so and send another message saying "Never mind, I found some at Walmart for $_.__"
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Like some podunk WalMart manager is going to have any insight on that... sounds like the same bullshit walmart employees have been telling us for months: "government is going to tax the ammo", "government is going to require background checks for ammo", "it's against federal law to sell ammo after 10pm", etc

You need to read this!

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works pretty good.

I use a fake email account and send them messages saying "I'll take it, when can you meet?". Once they email me back, I'll wait until late evening or so and send another message saying "Never mind, I found some at Walmart for $_.__"

Why not say, "Meet me at 7:00 AM tomorrow" (on the morning after the good ammo comes in)?

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]
M4 what stores did you get M22 at?  I missed one Columbus store at 8 am because of work, the other and Shebyville went OOS over night magically...
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Picked up 3 more boxes of 100 WWB 9mm this morning. Showed up at 7:15 and an older gentleman was scoping out the empty ammo case. I asked the SG guy if they brought out ammo yet and he said "nope but ill go bring it out for you". Older guy was looking for 22 and 9mm and I told him he's in luck, they are bringing out some 9mm. He's like how do you know? I froze and said uh...my friend told me they get it in on Wednesdays I checked the app so I knew it was in stock.

They only brought out like 10 total boxes of ammo in a huge cart. Mostly 9mm. Now if only I could find some .223, I haven't ever seen it in stock
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#22]
finally scored 3 boxes of 100 round federal .223 value packs
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#23]
What is the point of this thread to just say that you bought some ammo today?
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What is the point of this thread to just say that you bought some ammo today?

Yep! Scored these tonight! If  it wasn't for this thread and the tips I learned they'd be goinng home with someone else.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to read this!

Look for the link for Cali's new laws that call for all of above and biometric fire country on all new guns
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You need to read this!

This is old news, it never went anywhere, she just did it to get some publicity.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They are back up This guy is at all the walmarts within his area and resells for 2 to 3 X's the price

Wow, ripoff
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to read this!

That stupid bitch submitted several anti-gun bills, they were all defeated. Look into her congressional district, it is the DEFINITION of gerrymandering...
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Saw a Colt 6920 Socom for about $1497at an Orlando area Wal-Mart (Colonial & Alafaya).  Kinda pricey for me, but a decent deal for someone looking for a Colt with quad rail.  Not sure if the 6940 would be cheaper.
The UPC with check digit (ready for barcoding.com/upc) is:

for those who want to check for it through the Android/ios app using the Walmart App's barcode scanner.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 12:57:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Is there any way to save barcode scans in the Walmart app? Gets old having to scan the barcodes on my iPad using my phone, every time I want to check stock
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is there any way to save barcode scans in the Walmart app? Gets old having to scan the barcodes on my iPad using my phone, every time I want to check stock

Not that I'm aware of but a printed sheet may be easier then your ipad.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 2:42:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Just scored 3 boxes of the Federal 100 round pack 9mm at my local walmart. Checked SWIRE's website and it showed In Stock so I went over and lo and behold 6 boxes on the shelf and plenty of other calibers.

Oh and they had 6 AR-15s in the case. All Colts and Bushmasters for a decent price. And they had about 12 boxes of Prvi Partizan 9mm (50 rounds per box).
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's "DR DAN", Mike's arch enemy, AKA "Fat Boy" or "Fat Man", son of "Igor"

I was at Hanley & Waters the other day and they got a boat load of ammo and the first guy in line got both 1000 rnd bricks of M22's and 1 box of Fed 223 100rd and he didn't care about anyone else took his and left, I've seen same guy in another store a few weeks ago in Pinellas Pk store.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you know this how?

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to read this!

Look for the link for Cali's new laws that call for all of above and biometric fire country on all new guns

Let us also not forget about the micro-stamping of cartridges by the firing pin on the primers.

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:16:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to read this!

That stupid bitch submitted several anti-gun bills, they were all defeated. Look into her congressional district, it is the DEFINITION of gerrymandering...

I know, but my point was, some of them are trying to get stuff like this through.  Vigilance folks...

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Craziness at one of the WM's by me yesterday morning... The night before the app said this store had M-22 and Fed Auto Match IN STOCK along with 9mm. I decided that this would be my first early trip because I was really wanting some .22, so I got up and got there exactly at 6 AM. There were only 2 guys waiting there before me and one of the guys disappeared a couple minutes after I got there. I got to talking with the guy sitting there and he informed me that all the .22 went OOS on the app around 3AM, and sure enough they had and I hadn't noticed it.

After a few minutes the manager came up to us and asked us what we wanted and the guy I was there with told him .22. The manager told him that he sold it around 3AM because there were 5 guys in line at that time and he only had 12 boxes and they first 4 guys wanted their 3 boxes each of it. The customer was pissed, rightly so, because posted on that WMs ammo case was a huge sign that said "all ammo is stocked between 7 and 7:30 AM", and it turns out that the guy was there the night before at 10:30 when the ammo said IN STOCK and the person at SG told him it wouldnt be stocked until 7AM.

After some attempted explaining it turns out that the manager is a cool guy, and I felt sorry for him cause he was only trying to please everyone and he didnt know that guy came at 10:30 the night before. A couple of other guys showed up and told the manager that they thought the ppl that got the .22 were the same ppl who travel around that area and buy all of the .22 for CTD to resell. The manager said he was going to get those dudes names next time they came in and send an email out to all the local stores and tell them about these guys and for them not to sell ammo to them. (I guess he was a pretty high up manager, not sure if he can do that though.)

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Craziness at one of the WM's by me yesterday morning... The night before the app said this store had M-22 and Fed Auto Match IN STOCK along with 9mm. I decided that this would be my first early trip because I was really wanting some .22, so I got up and got there exactly at 6 AM. There were only 2 guys waiting there before me and one of the guys disappeared a couple minutes after I got there. I got to talking with the guy sitting there and he informed me that all the .22 went OOS on the app around 3AM, and sure enough they had and I hadn't noticed it.

After a few minutes the manager came up to us and asked us what we wanted and the guy I was there with told him .22. The manager told him that he sold it around 3AM because there were 5 guys in line at that time and he only had 12 boxes and they first 4 guys wanted their 3 boxes each of it. The customer was pissed, rightly so, because posted on that WMs ammo case was a huge sign that said "all ammo is stocked between 7 and 7:30 AM", and it turns out that the guy was there the night before at 10:30 when the ammo said IN STOCK and the person at SG told him it wouldnt be stocked until 7AM.

After some attempted explaining it turns out that the manager is a cool guy, and I felt sorry for him cause he was only trying to please everyone and he didnt know that guy came at 10:30 the night before. A couple of other guys showed up and told the manager that they thought the ppl that got the .22 were the same ppl who travel around that area and buy all of the .22 for CTD to resell. The manager said he was going to get those dudes names next time they came in and send an email out to all the local stores and tell them about these guys and for them not to sell ammo to them. (I guess he was a pretty high up manager, not sure if he can do that though.)

LOL, he's not going to push business away from the local stores...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha yep! You took that one hook line and sinker. Get there the night before and get it why wait until the morning.

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nice.
You felt sorry for the manager, when in reality, he probably sold it to himself or his buddies.

Sounds suspiciously like the story I heard from a Walmart manager in Irving a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#41]
The Johnsburg, IL, Walmart has fallen victim to the "we're not going to put ammo on the shelf until the day shift is on" trend.  Lots of .22LR came in yesterday, including Winchester M-22s.  The overnight manager refused to put them out or sell them at around 10:30 pm.  I was told to call back in the morning.  Much to my surprise they were still in the store in the morning, but still in back.  The manager relented and sold what she could bring out, even though she told another customer that it might not be until 8:30 or 9 am.  I was second in line, so customer #1 got 3 boxes of M-22s.  I got the remaining box, plus two boxes of Remington 225s.

I fired off an email to Walmart about the policy change, which, by the way, was not posted anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was at Hanley & Waters the other day and they got a boat load of ammo and the first guy in line got both 1000 rnd bricks of M22's and 1 box of Fed 223 100rd and he didn't care about anyone else took his and left, I've seen same guy in another store a few weeks ago in Pinellas Pk store.

You mad bro? I would have done the same if i were in front of you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha yep! You took that one hook line and sinker. Get there the night before and get it why wait until the morning.

It wasn't me that was mad nor cared, and I knew he couldn't/wouldn't do anything. I don't need to do the "waiting hours early in the AM" thing because I got 4 of the Fed. Auto Match packs in the last two days, 2 at 6:30PM on one day and 2 at 9 PM the second day.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You ACKSHULLY believed his story???

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LOL '13er you actually believed him?
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're awfully proud of making the deadline by a whole month and change, aren't ya?
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're awfully proud of making the deadline by a whole month and change, aren't ya?

He should be. That's quite an accomplishment. I hope I can stay dedicated enough to visit a forum for a year and even post a few times.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What time you get there? 6:59? Let me say this if I get up and get at the store at 3 and wait to 7 when they bring ammo out dont expect to come in at 7 and just get a hand out..to be the man you gotta BEAT the man..to keep on topic my local store had m22 again this morn guess who was 1st in line and got it...
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You betcha!
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Why is 50rds of thunderbolt $1.83, but 500 rounds $26.something?
Page / 117
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top