AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 117
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does this thread actually help anybody? It seems to be nothing more than people telling others about how they either a) scored ammo from a random Walmart or b) did not score ammo, followed by complaining about Walmart employees. I'm so confused.

The thread evolved over time. You have obviously not read most of it. The innovation this thread provided was the tactic of using the Walmart app (and third party webpages searching the same info)  to search Walmarts inventory for in stock ammo. Then engaging in social engineering with Walmart employees to give up the ammo you know is in stock.

You don't have to be lucky. You will need some time and patience. The ammo will eventually come in. I knew what ammo was in stock because I checked the walmart mobile app last night before going to bed. I have scouted my local store to know when ammo goes on sale. I got up early this morning to be first in line when ammo went on sale at 0700 this morning (store policy not local law).

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

13ers

Whats the deal with people that joined last year or later calling out 13ers? Is this just another way to call out noobs? Were the folks that joined in 2012 called out for being 12ers, 2011 11ers etc? Or, is there an implication that 13ers have some inherent characteristic that necessitates the need to call them out? I am not concerned about it, but just curious.  

This forum has seen an unprecedented number of new members in 2013 due in large part to the biggest push for gun control laws in nearly 20 years. We weren't flooded with noobs in previous years, hence the 13er moniker. No one here cares when you joined or what your post count is. Its how folks act.

I am actually trying to help gnarto find ammo. He stubbornly refuses to be helped however.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
...worth my while.

Please define "worth your while".  If your definition of worth it is arriving 15 minutes early for 2 M-22s and a 420rd ammo can of 5.56, then I guess you will be waiting a while.

That's why I like those guys that won't make the effort so I can get the good stuff 3 420 cans and a couple 1000 pack m22
But need some 308 to start showing up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does this thread actually help anybody? It seems to be nothing more than people telling others about how they either a) scored ammo from a random Walmart or b) did not score ammo, followed by complaining about Walmart employees. I'm so confused.

The thread evolved over time. You have obviously not read most of it. The innovation this thread provided was the tactic of using the Walmart app (and third party webpages searching the same info)  to search Walmarts inventory for in stock ammo. Then engaging in social engineering with Walmart employees to give up the ammo you know is in stock.

You don't have to be lucky. You will need some time and patience. The ammo will eventually come in. I knew what ammo was in stock because I checked the walmart mobile app last night before going to bed. I have scouted my local store to know when ammo goes on sale. I got up early this morning to be first in line when ammo went on sale at 0700 this morning (store policy not local law).

13ers

Whats the deal with people that joined last year or later calling out 13ers? Is this just another way to call out noobs? Were the folks that joined in 2012 called out for being 12ers, 2011 11ers etc? Or, is there an implication that 13ers have some inherent characteristic that necessitates the need to call them out? I am not concerned about it, but just curious.  

Could it be 13er's call more attention to themselves by getting butt-hurt more easily?

Now back to the topic!!!

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13ers

This forum has seen an unprecedented number of new members in 2013 due in large part to the biggest push for gun control laws in nearly 20 years. We weren't flooded with noobs in previous years, hence the 13er moniker. No one here cares when you joined or what your post count is. Its how folks act.

I am actually trying to help gnarto find ammo. He stubbornly refuses to be helped however.

I think the 13er label is hilarious and I can understand the POV of the longtime members here, as I am a longtime member of other forums like sksboards.com and gunboards.com (although I don't post on gunboards anymore). I actually attempted to join here way back in the day, only to be told I needed a "pay" email account and that my Yahoo account was not sufficient. Anyway, glad to finally be aboard, this forum has been an absolute wealth of information and I've enjoyed being a part of this epic and entertaining Walmart thread.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

13ers

Chip, Palm Valley has been poisoned.  Someone evidently got rude with "female employees", and they now won't sell until 7 AM. Joe and his mom were there, and it got a little heated, so we walked out.  I was hoping to find one of the male AMs that had been helpful to us in the past, but 4 women and a man showed up instead. I guess I won't be going without a phone call to see if the guys are there.  I met Dave(David), who do you talk to there?

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13ers

Thanks for the explanation.

It really isn't all that difficult to score ammo even at pre-panic prices. As many have pointed out on this thread it's just a matter of researching, staying tuned and moving when it shows up.  There is however a minimum amount of effort required. This thread has been very helpful in learning the Walmart system and how different stores operate. I have never waited more than an hour in line and both times were on a Saturday so no interference with work. I would say even the success story posts are helpful by providing motivation. I even like the battle stories with flippers and shady employees. They are not always necessarily helpful but are quite entertaining. With 155 pages, I think others find the thread useful as well.

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Twice in the last two weeks a person could have arrived at my local Walmart fifteen minutes after they started selling ammo and likely gotten something.  Show up 30-60 minutes earlier and your choices would have been better.

On those two occasions, plenty (in todays world) of ammo of multiple calibers showed up.  

Wait until a shipment like that and you minimize time in line.

Frankly, I use that time as a social event.  On the most recent one, I advised people of their place in line by pointing out who was ahead of them.  We were all over the area so letting people know prevented issues.  Everyone was cordial and it seemed like all got something.  Maybe not their first choice but the winners of the two M-22 boxes got there about 2.5 hours or more before the ammo was sold.

I got there one hour early (sixth in line)  and got two 325 round boxes of .22LR and one of the 100 round Federal 9 mm.  I was happy.

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13ers

Chip, Palm Valley has been poisoned.  Someone evidently got rude with "female employees", and they now won't sell until 7 AM. Joe and his mom were there, and it got a little heated, so we walked out.  I was hoping to find one of the male AMs that had been helpful to us in the past, but 4 women and a man showed up instead. I guess I won't be going without a phone call to see if the guys are there.  I met Dave(David), who do you talk to there?

Employee wise, I have not really gotten to know any of them that well. I am bad with names anyway. Plus, until recently, I always assumed they were a 7:00 am store anyway. I guess that explains why it always went OOS before midnight. I feel bad as I always thought it was the employees (especially the 2nd shift SG guy) buying it before it hit the shelves. I am glad I never said anything about it or I would be eating crow . I had been there some mornings where they did put out ammo out at 7:00am. There was one older lady and some younger women at different times. They always seemed helpful.

That's too bad about fools going in and acting like jerks. Your right in that it will only make it more difficult to get the employees on our side. I have noticed that out of all the stores in the area, Palm Vally seems to get ammo less frequently. I wonder if it was one of the regulars I wait with sometimes. I have talked with some of those guys that wait in the morning. What does Joe look like?

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Frankly, I use that time as a social event.

I found it entertaining to have a chance to speak with fellow ammo seekers as well. Some were actually able to provide info on other stores in different areas of the city. It is also interesting to hear others take on the whole political situation causing all this craziness.

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Joe's on wheels

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:05:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I am going to take a free one!
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Scanned a box of Remington 525rd 22lr and saw it was in stock at one of the local stores. Head over there since they weren't showing any other ammo in stock and I figured none of the app users would be there. Get over to SG, no one around, I see 2 boxes of Federal Automatch under the counter and head to Automotive with them and check out. Go back inside, have a lady in electronics scan the UPC for the Remington 525 boxes, she says they show 16 on hand. A few weeks ago when I checked on this stuff at the same store, it showed "limited stock" and a Gemini scan revealed they had 4 on hand, which they could not find. So I'm thinking 4 boxes are missing/stolen, and now they've gotten 1 case of 12 boxes and that's how they ended up showing 16 on hand as of this morning. But oh, the buttknob manager I've dealt with before is there and he won't help me out with ammo. So they're still showing "In Stock" right now, and I'm waiting until 1pm when the 1-800-WALMART folks are there today to give them a call and get to the bottom of this. Stay tuned...
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Frankly, I use that time as a social event.

I found it entertaining to have a chance to speak with fellow ammo seekers as well. Some were actually able to provide info on other stores in different areas of the city. It is also interesting to hear others take on the whole political situation causing all this craziness.

I love listening to the conspiracy people. It always makes me laugh. DHS is buying xxxxxxxxx amount of rounds. OH MY GOSH... it's hilarious.

Thankfully this morning I went to the local store, 2 box per person limit (they have a sign telling you this, so you know what to expect at least). Was planning to get 2 boxes of 325 federal match 22. But, it turns out they had remington 525 golden bullet packs. So it was a pretty good morning.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I' thankful the 525 golden bullets don't show up on their site without the upc
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I' thankful the 525 golden bullets don't show up on their site without the upc

Dang. I know better but usually don't want to dig the box out for what I think will be nothing. That is what I get. Which store did they show up at?
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Scanned a box of Remington 525rd 22lr and saw it was in stock at one of the local stores. Head over there since they weren't showing any other ammo in stock and I figured none of the app users would be there. Get over to SG, no one around, I see 2 boxes of Federal Automatch under the counter and head to Automotive with them and check out. Go back inside, have a lady in electronics scan the UPC for the Remington 525 boxes, she says they show 16 on hand. A few weeks ago when I checked on this stuff at the same store, it showed "limited stock" and a Gemini scan revealed they had 4 on hand, which they could not find. So I'm thinking 4 boxes are missing/stolen, and now they've gotten 1 case of 12 boxes and that's how they ended up showing 16 on hand as of this morning. But oh, the buttknob manager I've dealt with before is there and he won't help me out with ammo. So they're still showing "In Stock" right now, and I'm waiting until 1pm when the 1-800-WALMART folks are there today to give them a call and get to the bottom of this. Stay tuned...

I decided against calling this in. It is still showing "In Stock" as of now, so I'm just going to swing by there after work in the morning and deal with the normal SG guy, who has been really cool thus far. We'll see if they've got it after all, or if Walmart is missing $400 worth of ammo.

Link Posted: 6/2/2013 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Federal 9mm 50 round boxes and Tul 7.62x39 FMJ at the Palm Vally store.This was at ~5:45PM.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Chris Jason and Joe got the 22 and value 9's
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Joe's on wheels  

I have seen him. Seemed nice enough waiting in line. He is one that will wait all night for the ammo to come out, especially if it is one of the big prizes like M22 or the 420 cans. Which is your home store? Palm Vally? BTW, it looks like they got a new SG guy for the afternoons. I think it may have had something to do with that incident that caused the 7AM rule but not sure.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Chris Jason and Joe got the 22 and value 9's

Chris is the guy that wears the camo pants and crocks isn't he? Is Jason the younger looking red haired guy?
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Well I've been watching the app and going to the local walmarts and when the app sais they are in-stock or limited stock I go and check.  Well everytime I go to the counter there is never any.  Same ol song and dance, the app is wrong or their inventory isn't up to date.  I was at a walmart today and 45's showed in stock but none on the shelf. I asked the counter guy and he said we don't have any.  I then walk up to customer service and have them look up their inventory and the fella tells me that the inventory doesn't update every day and the seven boxes that they should have could have been sold already and not showing.  I say Bullsh**, tired of even going and looking.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 11:51:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Bayou, elevate it to the store manager and if that fails, the Walmart CEO Bill Simon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I just made out like a bandit at a Walmart in Charlotte nc

I drive for a living and I stop at lot of WM if I can't find a spot at a truckstop.

Well last night when I got here I check no go on the 420 rd can this morning they had stocked one.

Lo and behold some one was lazy and the tag still read 124.99, so after it rang up for 249.99 I promptly asked for a manger, he didn't even try to argue the price and sold it for 124.99.

The moral of the story check your local gehto WM.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well I've been watching the app and going to the local walmarts and when the app sais they are in-stock or limited stock I go and check.  Well everytime I go to the counter there is never any.  Same ol song and dance, the app is wrong or their inventory isn't up to date.  I was at a walmart today and 45's showed in stock but none on the shelf. I asked the counter guy and he said we don't have any.  I then walk up to customer service and have them look up their inventory and the fella tells me that the inventory doesn't update every day and the seven boxes that they should have could have been sold already and not showing.  I say Bullsh**, tired of even going and looking.

Ask them when they unload there trucks on what days/times and be waiting when the dock workers roll out the pallet for that section, its the only way you will beat the other guys, wm ammo comes to the floor ether on that pallet in an in unmarked large cardboard box or in a rolling cage.

The WM nearest me gets in ammo every other day, and there's 5 of us waiting for it, but I'm gone 5 weeks at a time so when I go I talk to the guys I used to work with in the back to get it before it even makes it to the floor.

What I can't stand more than anything tho are the gun store owners buying wm ammo and reselling it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just made out like a bandit at a Walmart in Charlotte nc

I drive for a living and I stop at lot of WM if I can't find a spot at a truckstop.

Well last night when I got here I check no go on the 420 rd can this morning they had stocked one.

Lo and behold some one was lazy and the tag still read 124.99, so after it rang up for 249.99 I promptly asked for a manger, he didn't even try to argue the price and sold it for 124.99.

The moral of the story check your local gehto WM.

$249.99?

Selling for $175 most places and mobile app still showing $175 here.

Regardless, you got a great deal!
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 1:15:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Having worked at a Walmart, i know prices are set by corporate, but the store's only update it with there new shipments, if its sold out and they don't get any more in, it may not get a new price update for some time. I can only assume they got  a can in and sold it, so when it was force updated someone was lazy and didn't redo the tags like they should have, and i may have gotten the first can they have gotten in a long time, as the employee i was talking to the night before said he hadn't see that spot filled in months.

I have seen many a empty spot at walmart's for between pre panic, the high point and now.

but i will say, now that i think about it, that dose seam kinda odd it would ring up being so much more expensive.

Edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I think I'm going to give up on this game.  All but one store around me are nothing but lies.  "We don't have anything"  "The system is wrong"  "The warehouse is wrong" when I know damn well the ammo is that store as it goes OOS in the middle of the night.  Unfortunately the time I have is after 8 PM when 1800WALMART is closed so I have no recourse against the lying managers.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Columbus east had them this morning and 50 ct of fed 9 and 45.  They also had a stainless 10/22 that came in last night, $254.  Must be a different UPC than what's on the locator.  All I'm really after now is 5.56 and .22.  Yesterday was .223 VP and CCI 375
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Georgetown had .223 100 packs, a good amount of Fed 50 rnd 9 and .45. I went for the .22LR Fed Auto Match but it was gone.

Edit. They still had several boxed of the .223 but I saw several known flippers walking up so I am guessing it will be cleaned out soon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Columbus east had them this morning and 50 ct of fed 9 and 45.  They also had a stainless 10/22 that came in last night, $254.  Must be a different UPC than what's on the locator.  All I'm really after now is 5.56 and .22.  Yesterday was .223 VP and CCI 375

Damn I didnt know they had a stainless one.... I need to dig up that item number :)

Link Posted: 6/3/2013 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn I didnt know they had a stainless one.... I need to dig up that item number :)

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/ip/Ruger-10-22-Carbine-Rifle-.22-LR/17200883
This is the one he is talking about I actually bought one and enjoy mine :)
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LGS has more than 30 of these  since April and just dropped the price to $199.99+tax

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022DE/models.html
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 3:23:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think I'm going to give up on this game.  All but one store around me are nothing but lies.  "We don't have anything"  "The system is wrong"  "The warehouse is wrong" when I know damn well the ammo is that store as it goes OOS in the middle of the night.  Unfortunately the time I have is after 8 PM when 1800WALMART is closed so I have no recourse against the lying managers.

I called later than that one night. She was Asian so I'm not sure if she was here or somewhere else but her English was pretty good. She had the manager come out and talk to me. Even though he was unhelpful and I never got any satisfaction.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Reminds me of the first time I tried to get some M22.  I saw it go in stock just as I was about to leave work so I went by the WM and it went like this...

SG lady said no .22 ammo but I get her to bring someone over with a hand held scanner and it showed 2 in inventory.  She goes in the back to look around but doesn't find anything.  I ask for the manager who tells me that it is still on the truck and will be put out for sale at 7am.  Ok, filne.... I leave.  Then I see it go out of stock 90 minutes later.

Grrr.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Things may be looking up.  We get almost nothing out here and when we do, the Federal 100-round .223's come one case at a time, 4 boxes total.  Last night I actually saw "in stock" instead of "limited stock".  That means more than one case(more than 5 boxes total).  So I'm thinking one of my local Wally Worlds is getting in 2 cases today.  Get there at 5:15AM, 2nd in line, feeling good.  Nope..........not 2 cases, BUT 6 CASES !  24 boxes !   Wouldn't you know it, by 7AM, 8 guys had showed up, worked out perfectly for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LGS has more than 30 of these  since April and just dropped the price to $199.99+tax

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022DE/models.html

LGS???
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#42]
LGS = Local Gun Store
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Walked into Wally Saturday night and they still had a bunch of Federal 9mm, Winchester .380, .45 acp, and some .223. I was surprised to see it there that late in the day and at the begining of the month!

The shop I work at we have a ton of .223/5.56 from Federal, Winchester, and PMC all selling for $12.99 a box. We also have 420 rd cans of Federal for $269 and federal bulk packs of 1000 rds that have been sitting on the shelves for the past month.

Honestly from what Im seeing people are fed up with the prices and have run out of money or have decided to wait it out. The only thing I do sell when it hits the shelves has been 9mm at $26 a box and 22lr at $65 for 500 rds.

Rifle ammo is barley moving right now.

Link Posted: 6/4/2013 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#44]
The Federal .223 100 pks have been showing in stock for at least 12 hours now at my local store, which is strange. Usually by now it's gone to limited or oos. But, they have a 1 box limit.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#45]
I scored 3 more 100 round boxes of Federal 9mm last night at my local Walmart. This particular Walmart seems to get in 9mm a few times a week and random other calibers daily, although very limited supply of each though.

So far, the past few weeks I have managed to pick up 6 of the 100 round boxes of 9mm and 6 of the 50 round boxes of Federal 9mm.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Walmarts the only place I've been buying ammo as of late. Managed to get a few 525 packs a few days ago. First I've seen of them for a few weeks. They were the remington golden bullets as well. So I had no idea they were coming in. I went to pick up some 9, but was pleasantly surprised to leave with 3 packs of 525 22 LR. Cabelas has been fairly reliable, but you have to pay the cabelas luxury tax... (aka expensive ammo). Everywhere else is just laughably priced...
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#47]
One of the local Wal-Marts last night got in 2 cases of Rem Golden Bullets 525 packs (24 packs total, 12 per/case), and 1 case of the 225 packs (10 packs).  8 people were there (counting myself) and cleaned out the 2 cases as that is what everyone wanted, leaving the 225 packs.  The store also got a case of Win 9mm 100rnd VPs and some loose boxes of Rem 223 and 30-06.
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Drove 20 miles out of my way to be told ammo that showed in stock  on app. Was not in stock but in transit. Anyone else have this problem.

I was in area of same store that I posted about above and same ammo was showing in stock. I stopped in same clerk was in SG I asked if product was in stock because it was not on shelf and I was persistent about purchasing. Wouldn't you know after 5 min she found all 10 boxes that was in stock. She calls a manager over and I purchase my 3 boxes and as I'm walking away manager arrives so I linger and  offer my story to her.  I wound up with 6 boxes of Rem. 225 count .22lr
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The Federal .223 100 pks have been showing in stock for at least 12 hours now at my local store, which is strange. Usually by now it's gone to limited or oos. But, they have a 1 box limit.

What area of MO? We've got some .223 showing up around KC right now, but alas, I'm working from 10pm-1030am all week and won't be able to get in on the action.

Link Posted: 6/4/2013 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#50]

was that recently in stock? i've been watching cabelas alot recently and never saw these
Page / 117
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top