10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Page:  / 233
Author
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 3:15:42 PM
[Last Edit: 4/9/2013 9:31:24 AM by VA-gunnut]

Originally Posted By coggins:
Edited...VA-gunnut

Something is wrong. All the stores are out of stock.

I like the function, thumbs up for your work.
David_ESM: "Wait. So have you ever been cock bit by a goose?"
Kolat: "Yes"

Cock biting update (8/12/10) Kolat: "Yes. More then once."
pepdriver
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 3:21:04 PM
[Last Edit: 4/9/2013 9:31:35 AM by VA-gunnut]
Originally Posted By David_ESM:

Edited...VA-gunnut

Thank you kind sir
coggins
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 3:39:06 PM
Also, I know I need to do some work on the stores still. I have a feeling I am not pulling all stores. I will continue to work on it though.
spoonek
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 3:51:21 PM
Also, I know I need to do some work on the stores still. I have a feeling I am not pulling all stores. I will continue to work on it though.

EXCELLENT!!

Aeain
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 3:54:49 PM
Originally Posted By Baysailor:
Originally Posted By vaflyfisher:
Has anyone been able to make the UPC for Winchester White Box 9mm 100 rnd value pack work on the Walmart mobile app? I scanned the code, but it only lets me go to a "customize" screen and does not give me the "check availability" option.

Nope, I bought the Winchester 100 rnd Value Pack in both 9 mm and 380 from a Walmart on Saturday and neither product code listed on the receipt would come up on the mobile app.

As a side note, one of the Walmarts near me has now gone to a 1 box per customer limit.

I can scan the barcode and it'll work for me.
Stand your ground, Don't fire unless fired upon, But if they mean to have war let it begin here. -Captain Parker
vaflyfisher
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 4:07:40 PM
When you scan the bar code does it give you a price and a picture, or just a price? I just get a price and no picture. Any other way to enter the info other than scanning, since the WWB 9mm 100 rnd pack is not on the Walmart.com website?
424shee
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 4:07:43 PM
so i have 2 walmarts in my town,one of them the employees are honest and if walmart app says instock its there but the other is shady.i went to the shady one about a month back cause it showed 223 in stock but when i got there nobody was in sg so in ask another employee if she could run a upc number for me and she says yep it shows 5 boxes but they must have sold otherwise they wld be on the shelf,walked out a little pissed cz i knew wht was going on.so last night i see .22lr in stock but figured same thing.i wake up this morning and it says limited so i decide to go for a drive and get there and nothing,i ask electronics guy to run upc and tell him wht i think is happening and he says hmm lets walk over to the lock box in electronics and sure enough 4 boxes left in the case.case also has sold written on in lol.electronics guy says sg guys dont start till 9am so i think maybe if i get there before sg employees do i might be able to score more often.maybe this will help for some of you guys!
closevo
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 4:28:09 PM
Originally Posted By agrippando:
Originally Posted By closevo:
Got to stick it to the dishonest walmart employees today. Went to walmart this morning to buy some groceries and swung by the ammo counter. Checked the display case and it was empty of course. There were a bunch of what looked like empty ammo boxes behind the counter. Since no one was around, I walked behind the counter and moved the boxes to make sure there was no ammo. Lo and behold, what do I find hidden under the empty boxes? A 500 rd spam can of tula. I grabbed the box and took it up front to check out. What a good day.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii146/pwevo/1365377206_zps068d87f4.jpg

What is the price on the 500 rd tin? Is there a link for this?

It was $154.00 at my local walmart. I had no idea they had any in stock until I found it hidden. I haven't seen the link for it.
EXPY37
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 4:33:06 PM
Got to stick it to the dishonest walmart employees today. Went to walmart this morning to buy some groceries and swung by the ammo counter. Checked the display case and it was empty of course. There were a bunch of what looked like empty ammo boxes behind the counter. Since no one was around, I walked behind the counter and moved the boxes to make sure there was no ammo. Lo and behold, what do I find hidden under the empty boxes? A 500 rd spam can of tula. I grabbed the box and took it up front to check out. What a good day.

It was $154.00 at my local walmart. I had no idea they had any in stock until I found it hidden. I haven't seen the link for it.

Whare was it hidden????

I see us collectively as a country bumpkin, sitting on a log with a rifle, having no understanding what's going on beyond a few trees away, about to be enslaved with no interest by whom or what.
closevo
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 4:58:34 PM
Originally Posted By EXPY37:

Whare was it hidden????

It was behind the ammo counter on the floor and had 4 or 5 empty ammo boxes scattered on top of it. Made it look like just a bunch of empty boxes.
Duaber
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 5:01:24 PM
Looks like you are off to a good start. Work on displaying the rest of the stores and more inventory and you will be golden.
I've been trying to figure out a way to use the upc code to find items through m.walmart.com my only discovery so far is that walmart goes through redlazer.com for their upc scan needs.

walkerjay
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 5:57:10 PM
[Last Edit: 4/9/2013 9:31:54 AM by VA-gunnut]
Originally Posted By pepdriver:
Originally Posted By David_ESM:

Edited...VA-gunnut

Thank you kind sir

had to laugh.
Not at the site - which is awesome - but at the results. According to the pulled stock list, the nearest Walmart to me that has any .223 in stock is only 1100 miles away.

Don't think I'll make that by 7am...

standard ammo "stock" response from the Walmart nearest me is "item not carried at this store"
Baysailor
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 6:00:44 PM
[Last Edit: 4/8/2013 6:05:00 PM by Baysailor]
Originally Posted By vaflyfisher:
When you scan the bar code does it give you a price and a picture, or just a price? I just get a price and no picture. Any other way to enter the info other than scanning, since the WWB 9mm 100 rnd pack is not on the Walmart.com website?

I was at work earlier and only had access to my Walmart receipt... when I searched using the product ID's from the receipt (002089221487 and 002089221297, 380ACP and 9mm respectively) I would get nothing. However when I searched for the other two items using the product ID's on the receipt they would come up (081495001115 and 004770048260, .223 and 22LR respectively). Now that I am home though, I scanned UPC code on each box and it does pull them up. Notice that when they are scanned, it adds another digit that doesn't appear on the receipt... it does this for the .223 and the 22LR also though.

polarys425
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 6:16:36 PM
Originally Posted By WilburMcG:
WTF is up with my Walmart never, ever showing any stock? The online tools seem to work elsewhere so it really seems like my Walmart just doesn't get ammo....which I find hard to believe because I know we have plenty of ammo whores around. I am in Charlottesville, VA which is no major city but is not also a tiny town. And rarely do any of the surrounding Walmarts show any stock.

Thanks Obama - you fool.

Charlottesville shows both the 1000rnd, and 555rnd Winchester 22's as Limited stock, and in stock respectively. I think the 1000rnd show limited because they only get two at a time per store, least it looks that way.

Monoz
The Anvil
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 6:50:08 PM
two items using the product ID's on the receipt they would come up (081495001115 and 004770048260, .223 and 22LR respectively). Now that I am home though, I scanned UPC code on each box and it does pull them up. Notice that when they are scanned, it adds another digit that doesn't appear on the receipt... it does this for the .223 and the 22LR also though.[div]

Interesting. If I print the barcodes and scan them I can search for those products, but if I type the UPC in directly I can't.
"The enemy," retorted Yossarian with weighted precision, "is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on." - Catch 22
Nca_xtech
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 7:13:15 PM
[Last Edit: 4/9/2013 9:32:06 AM by VA-gunnut]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Love it! thankyou for the hard work
would love to have .22 and 9mm to search in CA
Aidenag
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 7:32:14 PM
Awesome work on the new wallyfinder. Looks like a few stores are missing in WA state, so your hunch is correct.(Arlington WA store being one that i noticed not listed). From a dev/ ammo hunter's standpoint here is my advice.

1. definitely make priority getting all stores listed.

2. Add the rest of .223, and all .22LR first, followed by 9mm, .40, .45, that is really the stuff that is what gets everyone to walmart in the first place these days.

And this one is more of a question:

How often is the crawler updating? Most ammo in my state at least comes in at around 4-6pm PST, and is fully unloaded off the trucks by 6-9pm. So my routine is, find ammo in stock before dinner, head out around 6-7pm, and then go and get an employee(or manager if i must) pull it from the cage in back and sell me some before all the flippers take it all in the morning. So my advice is make sure it's doing hourly updates between 3-9pm, and then maybe 6-10am. Wouldn't even really need to update it beyond those times as ammo is either not coming in, or long sold out.
wshbrngr
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 7:38:51 PM
I don't get the celebration.
wallyfinder was taken down volluntarily because it started making it hard to get ammo,
because so many people started using it.

I see this just happening again.

In Texas "He needed killin" is a defense to prosecution - COZ_45

Whether you think you can or you think you can't . . . . You're right! - Henry Ford as quoted by Stewie Griffin
biohazardman
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 7:59:03 PM
Local WM got in 4, 50rd boxes of Winchester .223, 45gr varmet (hollow point) stuff the other evening... haven't seen it before at WM it was $30 box. My brother bought it up, I just got a little WWB .45 and 9mm...
Baysailor
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 8:06:02 PM
Originally Posted By Monoz:
two items using the product ID's on the receipt they would come up (081495001115 and 004770048260, .223 and 22LR respectively). Now that I am home though, I scanned UPC code on each box and it does pull them up. Notice that when they are scanned, it adds another digit that doesn't appear on the receipt... it does this for the .223 and the 22LR also though.

Interesting. If I print the barcodes and scan them I can search for those products, but if I type the UPC in directly I can't.

It is strange. Here are the UPC codes for anyone that wants to scan them with the Walmart app on their phone to look up these items:

Winchester 9mm 100 round Value Pack:

Winchester 380acp 100 round Value Pack:
agrippando
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 8:37:10 PM
Has anyone had trouble with stock availability fluctuating?

Just noticed Tul .223 20rd go in stock and jumped in the truck. I checked it every 30 seconds on the way to the store. I would get in stock, in stock, in stock, limited stock, in stock, out of stock, out of stock, in stock etc. I ended up turning around because I didn't want to fight a battle I wasn't certain of.

Anyone else had this problem? Using iPhone mobile app.
ra-cali
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 8:51:05 PM
Originally Posted By wshbrngr:
I don't get the celebration.
wallyfinder was taken down volluntarily because it started making it hard to get ammo,
because so many people started using it.

I see this just happening again.

I concur. It did not take but a day before the information fell into the wrong hands. This could be a great tool as long as it was only available to honest, non greedy shooters. The problem begins with sorting them out...
Got_Nukes
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 9:11:05 PM
[Last Edit: 4/9/2013 9:32:18 AM by VA-gunnut]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Can you add North Dakota?
mikes86gn
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 9:12:37 PM
Originally Posted By polarys425:
Originally Posted By WilburMcG:
WTF is up with my Walmart never, ever showing any stock? The online tools seem to work elsewhere so it really seems like my Walmart just doesn't get ammo....which I find hard to believe because I know we have plenty of ammo whores around. I am in Charlottesville, VA which is no major city but is not also a tiny town. And rarely do any of the surrounding Walmarts show any stock.

Thanks Obama - you fool.

Charlottesville shows both the 1000rnd, and 555rnd Winchester 22's as Limited stock, and in stock respectively. I think the 1000rnd show limited because they only get two at a time per store, least it looks that way.

In stock
Charlottesville #1780
975 Hilton Heights Rd
Charlottesville, VA, 22901
(434) 973-1412
Directions
JQ66
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/8/2013 10:01:47 PM
Would there be a way to do a wildcard search, to make it possible to bring up any .223 or say 9mm ammo? In orher words, bring up search by caliber, at least the major ones.
Thanks for your efforts.
Page:  / 233