Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 586
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Walmarts and Academy's are starting to get regular shipments of inventory depending where you live.  It's still sells out fast and they still have per purchase limits, but I'm seeing multiple shops with boxes available.  It's just going to take a while for supply to catch up.  A lot of these on-line shops have huge backorder list.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Well if you look at sites like lucky gunner, they have a live inventory count displayed and ridiculously high prices on .223, 7.62x39. About a month ago, they were selling that high priced ammo within a couple days, but If you pay attention now, you'll notice that almost no one's buying from them anymore.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not contact the manufacturer's directly and ask them if they're willing to drastically change the proportions of how they allocate ammo?  Maybe increase civilian ammo while keeping military ammo the same... maybe lessen DHS ammo amounts and certainly restrict sales to local LE and state security who are in the process of banning or restricting guns, magazines, etc... to residents of that state???
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why not contact the manufacturer's directly and ask them if they're willing to drastically change the proportions of how they allocate ammo?  Maybe increase civilian ammo while keeping military ammo the same... maybe lessen DHS ammo amounts and certainly restrict sales to local LE and state security who are in the process of banning or restricting guns, magazines, etc... to residents of that state???

I wish they would stop selling to the LEO of certain States it would be poetic justice. I think they're running low in California between the newspaper woman, surfer and cabin in the mountains. They probably went through a truckload.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#5]
leo stands for "law ENFORCEMENT officer"

they are not the ones creating the laws.

the failure of democracy is the ignorance of it's voter.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

they are not the ones creating the laws. they are legally bound to uphold the laws that our elected officials pull out of their ass.

Bullshit. Law Emforcement officers are only legal bound to execute court orders. Everything else is subject to officer discretion.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they are not the ones creating the laws. they are legally bound to uphold the laws that our elected officials pull out of their ass.

Bullshit. Law Emforcement officers are only legal bound to execute court orders. Everything else is subject to officer discretion.

you caught me. i edited my post and removed it, but not soon enough. lol.  it's fixed now

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I picked up two boxes of 100 round 223 this morning at walmart. I checked the stock last night online and it said limited stock. Ran up to the store and the tires lady was working the ammo counter. She said that the ammo just came in on the truck and to come back in the morning at 7am when they sell ammo. Got there right at 7am one other guy was in front of me and we split the 4 boxes they got 2 each which was very nice of him. He could've got three. There is a local gun show here in town so I'm thinking I lucked out with everyone there and not standing in line at walmart.

You're welcome on splitting the 4 cases. You were kind enough to share info with me. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you caught me. i edited my post and removed it, but not soon enough. lol.  it's fixed now

the point being cops aren't screwing us our elected officials are.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Of course dealers are paying more.

Distributors are getting top dollar from dealers, so prices go up across the board.

SGAmmo has been very candid about the situation and reasoning behind higher prices.

They arent gouging, there trying to stay in business.

Now the $0.80+/rd stuff is a probably gouging.

SGammo is one of the ONLY sellers out there not bending people over. I've had people tell me they have to charge $1000 for 1000 rounds of .223 LC to control inventory, B.S., put a 1 case limit on it like SG. The only reason anyone can still buy anything is because SG doesnt let every person out there buy 25,000 rounds. IMO
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

some cops are screwing us too, don't be fooled. Many cops have jealousy or power complexes and only believe the 2nd amendment applies to themselves.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

some cops are screwing us too, don't be fooled. Many cops have jealousy or power complexes and only believe the 2nd amendment applies to themselves.

you are welcome to protest down at your local police station against the gun laws your state capitol is jamming down your throat, but i don't think it's going to do much good.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you are welcome to protest down at your local police station against the gun laws your state capitol is jamming down your throat, but i don't think it's going to do much good.

won't do any good, but keep in mind its often the state police that push for many of these laws.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#14]

so true
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Distributors are getting top dollar from dealers, so prices go up across the board.

SGAmmo has been very candid about the situation and reasoning behind higher prices.

SGammo is one of the ONLY sellers out there not bending people over. I've had people tell me they have to charge $1000 for 1000 rounds of .223 LC to control inventory, B.S., put a 1 case limit on it like SG. The only reason anyone can still buy anything is because SG doesnt let every person out there buy 25,000 rounds. IMO

SGAMMO are Not the only ones.

Cabelas and Midway have had fair prices.... MUCH lower than SGammo

Also AIM Surplus and Wideners have been better than SGammo too.

Do you work for SGAMMO??

71 cents per round for 1980s ammo is a RIP OFF
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Well put.  I might even steal this for my quote board

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

so true

This is what I hear is going on right now from what was reported on the news yesterday... Washington insiders say that congress is focused on working out a 'bipartisan' universal background check proposal. The problem with the bill that's being worked out is that Obama wants the "universal background checks" to mean "registration" He basically wants every gun owned in America, even ones purchased 10, 20, 50 years ago... to be registered, saying that that's the only way they could keep track of and do a required background check for the transfer of all guns.  His idea is being opposed by many who think that only guns/gun purchases, or transfers made after the new law goes into effect should apply.

Many people obviously completely oppose and don't like this proposal at all but again it does have bipartisan support making it probably the only bill that has a chance of being passed this year.

If it did pass all new background checks/purchases would be kept in a national database, which is basically like registration.

While this proposal obviously isn't good news either way, it has nothing to do with ammo for now.  

Don't mean to turn this message into any lengthy conversation, just wanted to update some people who haven't heard about this yet.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The debate is who is in power. We the people or the state. Holding the state to the standard it holds its citizens is moral and fair.

This in no way screws cops, it puts them on the same level playing field as the citizen of that state, as they should be.

The police power is a right and power of the people. Our founders would very likley consider a police force better armed than the citizens to be a standing army. The 2nd amendment was designed to ensure parity with such a force.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SGAMMO are Not the only ones.

Cabelas and Midway have had fair prices.... MUCH lower than SGammo

Also AIM Surplus and Wideners have been better than SGammo too.

Do you work for SGAMMO??

71 cents per round for 1980s ammo is a RIP OFF

I don't work for SGAmmo (though they are neighbors...just an hour from OKC), but I've been buying ammo exclusively from net-dealers for a few years now...no retail and no gun-shows...and I can promise you SGAmmo is one of the most liked and respected ammo sellers in the US.  As is Bryan at AIM, and Wideners as well.

I'd imagine the .71 per-round price of 80s surplus is absolutely a reflection of what Sam had to pay to get it to have something to sell.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The debate is who is in power. We the people or the state. Holding the state to the standard it holds its citizens is moral and fair.

This in no way screws cops, it puts them on the same level playing field as the citizen of that state, as they should be.

The police power is a right and power of the people. Our founders would very likley consider a police force better armed than the citizens to be a standing army. The 2nd amendment was designed to ensure parity with such a force.

I remember when the mods would edit out crap like this that in no way belonged in an ammo availability link thread. Yeah, those were the days...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#21]
You don't pick on LEO directly, but as Larue, Olympic, Midway, and several others have started, against local / state Gov't limiting sales to them, equal to what civilians can buy. That may end up effecting LEO, but they also need to stand with law abiding citizenry !
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Thread lock incoming....
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

won't do any good, but keep in mind its often the state police that push for many of these laws.

When cops go home at night, they are ordinary citizens. Why would they push for gun control when they see how criminals victimize the weak everyday?....That's why most cops lean to the right on politics. I'm all for sticking it to the man but you have to understand who is screwing you and who is just a pawn in the game...I should know, I'm one of the pawns. Sorry to keep the political discussion going on an ammo forum but I couldnt let this one go.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, some cops do have power complexes.  They don't last long are are usually weeded out after a while, especially here in the midwest.  As far as LEO's only being legally bound to enforce court orders... get your facts straight brother.  Many laws are written were discretion is not an option.  DUI, Domestic Violence, No Proof of Insurance are three laws were I'm from that I'm not given the option of discretion.  Those are all written "shall" when probable cause exists.  Those are that way in most states.

And you may have a hard time believing it... but a lot of cops don't believe in every law.  However, to keep the food on the plate and a roof over their family they must be able to enforce those laws.  I definitely disagree with my fair share of laws, mainly how their are written.  But its not my place to decide if I'm going to enforce it.  That's when I write a legislator or base in part with how I vote next time.

Here is a line from the intro of the movie, End of Watch.  This line is is probably one of the truest lines you will ever hear from a movie.

I am the Police, and I am here to arrest you. You have broken the law. I did not write the law, I may even disagree with the law, but I will enforce it. Nothing will stop me from placing you in a steel cage with bars. Behind my badge is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love, and yes, I can be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who would die for me and I for them. We stand watch together. I am fate with a badge and a gun. The Thin-Blue-Line, protecting the prey from the predators, the good from the bad. We are the Police.”

Ok... sorry for continuing with the off topic post.   I just wanted to help clarify some things.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#25]
holy bejesus...here is a random link off gunbot to get this thread back on topic  .223 55 grain
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do any of you guys buy from cheaper than dirt? If so are they pretty decent to order form?

1. Are you rich?

2. Did you ever fail economics and math class?

OR

3. Did you just get your first gun yesterday?

No not rich, have never bought ammo off the interwebz before. Still trying to find out who are the good sites to buy from. Hey, but thanks for the great response.... it's was a ton of help.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do any of you guys buy from cheaper than dirt? If so are they pretty decent to order form?

1. Are you rich?

OR

No not rich, have never bought ammo off the interwebz before. Still trying to find out who are the good sites to buy from. Hey, but thanks for the great response.... it's was a ton of help.

Gunbot.net

That will be the a resource you will want, and I doubt you will ever find Cheaper Than Dirt! listed on there.  They are one of the highest priced places to buy anything lately.  I keep hopefully they go back to their old habits one of these days.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#28]
never mind
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Are you rich?

OR

was joking, response not meant as serious or to insult you. I know you're new.   To answer your question cheaper.than.dirt used to be popular before this panic, but they have raised their prices to ridiculous levels to take advantage of everyone because of the current political climate.  So, make your choice if you want to do business with them, most of us gun owners will stand against that kind of shadiness and price gouging though. Hope you agree and save a few dollars in your wallet to be used later for the real ammo deals from the real sites that actually respect the customers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
holy bejesus...here is a random link off gunbot to get this thread back on topic  .223 55 grain

Is this pretty good stuff?   Looks pretty to me....thinking about buying 3,000 rounds tonight......?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#31]

was joking, response not meant as serious or to insult you. I know you're new.   To answer your question cheaper.than.dirt used to be popular before this panic, but they have raised their prices to ridiculous levels to take advantage of everyone because of the current political climate.  So, make your choice if you want to do business with them, most of us gun owners will stand against that kind of shadiness and price gouging though. Hope you agree and save a few dollars in your wallet to be used later for the real ammo deals from the real sites that actually respect the customers.

Such a perfect response for CTD!  Good words and correctly relayed!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this pretty good stuff?   Looks pretty to me....thinking about buying 3,000 rounds tonight......?

it's probably shiny
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Federal American Eagle® - .223 Rem. 55gr FMJ 1000/Box

$50 more than it was at PSA earlier today.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Good thing we live in a representative republic and not a democracy??

Quoted:

they are not the ones creating the laws.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#37]

1 box max per order and $21 shipping.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dollar plus for reloads?  Save your money.  Black Hills is good stuff, but not that good.  Deals are seem to be fewer these days, but I'd personally hold off for another deal.  Gotta pay close attention to this thread though.  Lotta deals aren't captured by Gunbot.  They sell out faster than Gunbot can refresh, though it says it refreshes every 60 seconds.  Given the existing circumstances surrounding ammo sales, no one can guaranty you'll find a better deal than $1.00+ per round for reloads, but I'd be willing to take that bet.  Keep your eyes open for deals from Cabela's.  They seem to have a truckload to unload every week or so.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:56:16 PM EDT
[#39]

After shipping .09/rnd, meh and knowing how natchezss has been lately you'll probably get an email saying one or the other is out of stock in the morning.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Shipping blows it.  Cabelas, when they have it,  is cheaper even with tax and shipping together.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

After shipping .09/rnd, meh and knowing how natchezss has been lately you'll probably get an email saying one or the other is out of stock in the morning.

Geez.  And there I thought .05 for the Cabela's deal with the ammo can was bad.  Gotta do what you gotta do.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#43]
We should keep a list of companies that have been charging excessively and support the companies that haven't. That way when this whole mess cools down, we'll know who's looking out for their customers and support them more.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez.  And there I thought .05 for the Cabela's deal with the ammo can was bad.  Gotta do what you gotta do.

Here I thought that was a pretty damn good deal, $20/box of 525 and then $20 for the can, I bought several of them. Hell they're going for 250ish on GB. Fck that noise. I remember paying $75 at cabelas a couple months ago for the same can, all things considered a $25 premium isn't that bad.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#45]
http://www.brownells.com/ammunition/rifle-ammo/ultramax-ammo-223-52gr-hp-bulk-pk-250bx-sku105202355-43214-96303.aspx

Accepting back orders.. Some as low as 48c / round... Best I've seen online.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Just got AE 5.56 XM193 from Natchez, 74.95 per 100

http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?contentId=ammoGroup&ammoGroup=1&searchBy=size&ammoSize=205&category=3&outOfStock=0&orderBy=
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just got AE 5.56 XM193 from Natchez, 74.95 per 100

http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?contentId=ammoGroup&ammoGroup=1&searchBy=size&ammoSize=205&category=3&outOfStock=0&orderBy=

Did u get any ky with it after s&h? I got a catalog from them says that stuff should be $399/1000 rounds
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Did u get any ky with it after s&h? I got a catalog from them says that stuff should be $399/1000 rounds[/quote]

No ky.  Thats why I only bought 100.  I still haven't fired my AR yet.  Just looking for a little ammo for when the weather gets warmer, so I can decide on what I want to use for practice ammo.  Then I will buy larger quantities when the prices settle down.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Did u get any ky with it after s&h? I got a catalog from them says that stuff should be $399/1000 rounds

No ky.  Thats why I only bought 100.  I still haven't fired my AR yet.  Just looking for a little ammo for when the weather gets warmer, so I can decide on what I want to use for practice ammo.  Then I will buy larger quantities when the prices settle down.[/quote]

Right on how much was it total? Its really hard to find a great deal 40cpr or less because its sold out within mins when it pops up on Gb.net and its usually some steel cased bs like tula or wpa. If people stop paying these rapist dot Com's 60 cpr+ they will have to lower prices to stay in business it will just stay on the shelf.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here I thought that was a pretty damn good deal, $20/box of 525 and then $20 for the can, I bought several of them. Hell they're going for 250ish on GB. Fck that noise. I remember paying $75 at cabelas a couple months ago for the same can, all things considered a $25 premium isn't that bad.

True.  I wasn't complaining about paying $100 + shipping for the 2100rds plus the can.  One can recollect about the days of old, but who knows if we'll see those prices again.  But I'm not a buyer at .11 per round (including shipping), even if the CCI is a better round.  I'm not out hunting varmints.  This is my kid's target shooting rifle.  Better to pay .05 per round for his own rifle than letting him shoot mine.
Page / 586
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top