[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
wally world 100ct 223

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Ammunition-223-Rem-55gr-Full-Metal-Jacket-100ct/17128629

Two Walmarts in my area are showing this ammo as "Limited Stock" so I stopped by both stores to see if I could score a few hundred rounds.  Neither Walmart had any in stock. I had the sporting goods guy at the first Walmart check with the stocking people to see if they had in the back and it just hadn't been brought out yet.  Does anyone have any idea of what limited stock means on Walmart's website?

Both stores are still showing it as "Limited Stock" so I may go check one of them in the morning.

It means "don't even try, the employees are stashing it until their buddies get there."

That's the impression I got at the second one

Limited Stock Usually means that there's less than 5 units left at the store.  This has been checked by buying 1 item and having a scanner there to check the Inventory Update systems.  They take about 5 Seconds to update after a sale goes thru.

I may be reading your post wrong, but theoretically the store should have some in stock if the website show "limited stock", correct?

That is DEFINATELY CORRECT!  Usually you could assume that someone has it in their cart and is in store, BUT with ammo means that it's in back or being stockpiled somewhere.  If in Doubt, Talk to a Manager and have them get to the bottom of it.  

Also, the last time I actually got ammo from walmart, It was "In Stock" and I could physically see they were bringing ammo out from the truck at the time.  I picked up 3 boxes for me and 3 for my wife...

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
wally world 100ct 223

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Ammunition-223-Rem-55gr-Full-Metal-Jacket-100ct/17128629

Two Walmarts in my area are showing this ammo as "Limited Stock" so I stopped by both stores to see if I could score a few hundred rounds.  Neither Walmart had any in stock. I had the sporting goods guy at the first Walmart check with the stocking people to see if they had in the back and it just hadn't been brought out yet.  Does anyone have any idea of what limited stock means on Walmart's website?

Both stores are still showing it as "Limited Stock" so I may go check one of them in the morning.

It means "don't even try, the employees are stashing it until their buddies get there."

Limited Stock Usually means that there's less than 5 units left at the store.  This has been checked by buying 1 item and having a scanner there to check the Inventory Update systems.  They take about 5 Seconds to update after a sale goes thru.

I may be reading your post wrong, but theoretically the store should have some in stock if the website show "limited stock", correct?

That is DEFINATELY CORRECT!  Usually you could assume that someone has it in their cart and is in store, BUT with ammo means that it's in back or being stockpiled somewhere.  If in Doubt, Talk to a Manager and have them get to the bottom of it.  

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully it's still in limited stock first thing tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
wally world 100ct 223

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully it's still in limited stock first thing tomorrow.

They'll Prolly sell it all overnight... find a manager and have them find the stock...

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
wally world 100ct 223

ugh...my post didnt take when I hit submit....

Short version...Went to Wal Mart after seeing the website said "limited stock" and after some searching the clerk found 4 boxes in what he called the "hidden" spot.  Why the heck are they hiding ammo?

Thanks for this.  My local Wal Mart showed "limited stock," so I took a chance and drove up there.  After some searching the clerk decided to check the "secret" spot and he found 4 boxes stashed away.  I bought my limit of 3, but was left wondering why they would hide ammo.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Short version...Went to Wal Mart after seeing the website said "limited stock" and after some searching the clerk found 4 boxes in what he called the "hidden" spot.  Why the heck are they hiding ammo?

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

To sell to their friends.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Keeping it for special people who have befriended the manager.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keeping it for special people who have befriended the manager.

Any IL people near Huntley or Bloomingdale, go to your local Walmart and track down the "limited stock" of AE223 that's been showing up for a week straight.  It must've fallen into that "hidden" spot.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/American-Eagle-223-REM-55GR-FMJ-20rd/17190351

EDIT - added the AE223 link

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've had 2 Wally Worlds in IL show in stock and 1 show Limited and neither had any.  I would call ahead before making trips.

It was there.  You weren't one of the family members or close friend.  Next time have them call the store manager.  I've had clerks tell me once stuff is loaded on the truck for delivery it will show in stock and will be available the next day.  Go back the next morning and either the
truck was diverted to another store which got the ammo or it was already sold out and the system hasn't updated which takes 24 hrs.  That is BS.  One morning I noticed a store about 30 miles away had the .223 100 rd in stock.  Called and surprisingly someone actually
answered the phone.  Yes it was in stock and about 10 boxes left.  I did ask if she could hold some for me because of how far away I was and she said sorry that policy prohibits that.  So I headed for the store.  About half way there checked with my phone and it showed limited stock.  Got to the parking lot and checked as I got out of the truck and it said OOS.  Went in anyway just incase and the lady said she had just sold the last box.  So the system updates almost if not realtime.  If the website says it's in stock, it's there, hidden somewhere.  That's why you should have them call the store manager.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Like said before, A lot of these stores' employees are being shotty about it and stashing it away for friends/family. which is BS. But it is happening guaranteed. Some people have even reported getting attitude about it from employees due to being persistent, then "magically" some ammo appears after a manager is called upon. Imagine that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like said before, A lot of these stores' employees are being shotty about it and stashing it away for friends/family. which is BS. But it is happening guaranteed. Some people have even reported getting attitude about it from employees due to being persistent, then "magically" some ammo appears after a manager is called upon. Imagine that.

the HIDDEN Place is usually under the counter behind the 'knife' display...

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Do any of you guys buy from cheaper than dirt? If so are they pretty decent to order form?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do any of you guys buy from cheaper than dirt? If so are they pretty decent to order form?

No trolling

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yeah man.  They're the best.  Go for it.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure how you guys are even seeing ammo on walmarts site… I havent seen any ammo listed in the last few days.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

1. Are you rich?

2. Did you ever fail economics and math class?

OR

3. Did you just get your first gun yesterday?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

CTD?  No their not.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Kyle's Gunshop has Speer Gold Dot 124gr 9mm JHP.

50 rounds for $28.99: http://www.kylesgunshop.com/store.php?seller=KylesGunshop&navt1=50216&pd=2231360
500 rounds for $279.99: http://www.kylesgunshop.com/store.php?seller=KylesGunshop&navt1=50216&pd=2231361

Other 9mm and .45 ACP JHP rounds available as well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure how you guys are even seeing ammo on walmarts site… I havent seen any ammo listed in the last few days.

From just a FEW pages ago(Page 268)
Quoted:
Its actually simple. Install Update Scanner in your Firefox browser...(Right Click ANY PAGE and it'll tell you when it updates!)

Then open each of the links mentioned below for the walmart pages.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-UMC-.223-Rem-MC-20pk/16930246

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-UMC-.223-Rem-MC-50pk/16930265

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Cartridge-5.56mmx45mm-62gr-FMJ-Ball-Clipped-Ammo-Can-420-Rounds/21638833

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Ammunition-22LR-40gr-Auto-Match-325ct/17133655

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Ammunition-22LR-36gr-Copper-Plated-550ct/17128628

http://www.walmart.com/ip/TULAMMO-.223-Remington-Full-Metal-Jacket-55-grain-Ammunition-20-rounds/17474538

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Winchester-.223-Remington-PDX1-Defender-60-Grain/21694973

Of Course, you could just Bookmark these pages and check manually as well.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#21]
https://www.diamondkbrass.com/.233-5.56-Brass/
First post here, been reading for a long time now. I searched for days and found this site. They have in stock .223/5.56
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
First post here, been reading for a long time now. I searched for days and found this site. They have in stock .223/5.56

Look like it is just brass....
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#23]
it is, but it's getting impossible to find. If you have been shooting long enough you probably know someone that can reload for you in trade for the extra powder, primers, ect.  Its still a heck of a lot cheaper than buying complete ammo.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Probably better to post here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Will do, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#26]
What was a good pre-panic price per round on 9mm FMJ?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#27]
$9.99 per 50 was about what i normally paid for 9mm fmj.

In july of last year i bought blazer 115gr fmj from psa for 10.49 per 50 when they did the free shipping special.

felt like i bought too much then, wish i had  tripled the order now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:36:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What was a good pre-panic price per round on 9mm FMJ?

I have a receipt in front of me from mid  December where I bought Remington 9mm 115 gr FMJ brass cased 100 rounds at Academy for $24.99 and Speer Gold Dot for $22.99 for 20. So you're looking at $.25 per round for FMJ and $1.15 for carry ammo. It could get as low as $9.99 per 50 but that usually would have been a good sale, bulk discount, or aluminum/steel cased.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:17:21 AM EDT
[#29]
300 blk

corbon $35 per 20
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 3:18:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Cabelas 22lr
Link

NM OOS that went fast
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:07:49 AM EDT
[#31]
THIS IS NUTS!!!!!!!!!
Jeez did you ever imagine that you'd see reman go oos in a matter of seconds!?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:35:10 AM EDT
[#32]
I was looking at the ammo case at my local WM about 7am yesterday. THe ammo case is not behind the counter but in an aisle in a locked case.. Something caught my attention underneath the case. I got down on hands and knees and looked under the ammo case only to see 3 boxes of the Federal Value Packs and 6 boxes of the Win. 5.56  Q3131. I went over to housewares and got a broom because they were way under the case. Once I got them all boxes were full. So I called my sister and her boyfriend who were also in the store and told them to get over here. I called the SG guy back over and told him of my find. When I told him I could tell that he had no idea about this hidden stash. I explained to him how I had found it. He said that he suspected one of the stock men from overnight had done it because they were expecting that exact amount of 223 on the truck last night. He said that this stock men had a father in law who ran a local gun shop and the SG guy  seemed genuinely pissed. I told him that I wanted to buy the 3 Value Packs and did. My sister came over with her BF and I said they want 3 boxes each of the Q3131. When he rang it up it said not in system or something and since they had never had this particular ammo he did not know the price so he asked if the $6.97 that is usually charged for the American Eagle would be alright I said that would be fine. So we purchased the other 6 boxes. about 10 minutes later I walked back over to the SG dept and sure enough there was a buy in his mid 50s on all 4s looking under the ammo case. I started laughing and went on not letting on that I had found his secret stash.

This makes the 2nd time I have found hidden ammo the other time I found a couple of the 420rd cans of m855 behind the Apple Jacks,. Just keep your eyes open and you might be surprised.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:44:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I was looking at the ammo case at my local WM about 7am yesterday. THe ammo case is not behind the counter but in an aisle in a locked case.. Something caught my attention underneath the case. I got down on hands and knees and looked under the ammo case only to see 3 boxes of the Federal Value Packs and 6 boxes of the Win. 5.56  Q3131. I went over to housewares and got a broom because they were way under the case. Once I got them all boxes were full. So I called my sister and her boyfriend who were also in the store and told them to get over here. I called the SG guy back over and told him of my find. When I told him I could tell that he had no idea about this hidden stash. I explained to him how I had found it. He said that he suspected one of the stock men from overnight had done it because they were expecting that exact amount of 223 on the truck last night. He said that this stock men had a father in law who ran a local gun shop and the SG guy  seemed genuinely pissed. I told him that I wanted to buy the 3 Value Packs and did. My sister came over with her BF and I said they want 3 boxes each of the Q3131. When he rang it up it said not in system or something and since they had never had this particular ammo he did not know the price so he asked if the $6.97 that is usually charged for the American Eagle would be alright I said that would be fine. So we purchased the other 6 boxes. about 10 minutes later I walked back over to the SG dept and sure enough there was a buy in his mid 50s on all 4s looking under the ammo case. I started laughing and went on not letting on that I had found his secret stash.

This makes the 2nd time I have found hidden ammo the other time I found a couple of the 420rd cans of m855 behind the Apple Jacks,. Just keep your eyes open and you might be surprised.

I have no doubt this is going on at the two local Walmarts here.  I don't even bother to go there looking anymore.  It's crazy times man.  I've been lucky lately catching a few online "deals" so I feel okay about the ammo I have on hand and don't have the urge to buy every round I see anymore, lolol.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#34]
At 6:30 am, I went back to one of the Walmarts that had the 100 rd boxes of Federal 223 in limited stock on the website. I had a stocking guy check all the cabinets under the counter, etc and he couldn't find anything.  I had him look up the UPC code on the scanner and it said they had four boxes in stock.  

Coincidentally, all of the 5.56/.223 Walmart links that were posted earlier in this thread no longer work.  Some shady shit is going on here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:06:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
At 6:30 am, I went back to one of the Walmarts that had the 100 rd boxes of Federal 223 in limited stock on the website. I had a stocking guy check all the cabinets under the counter, etc and he couldn't find anything.  I had him look up the UPC code on the scanner and it said they had four boxes in stock.  

Coincidentally, all of the 5.56/.223 Walmart links that were posted earlier in this thread no longer work.  Some shady shit is going on here.

Not working for me either. I did check them about 90 minutes ago and were working fine. There must be some kind of plausible explanation.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Check it this morning.  Both 9mm and 223 100 round value packs showed in stock.  I drove tot he store and no one could find it anywhere.  I tried pulling it up on my iphone as proofi and the website is down.  Still can't get onto the links either
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:40:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Check it this morning.  Both 9mm and 223 100 round value packs showed in stock.  I drove tot he store and no one could find it anywhere.  I tried pulling it up on my iphone as proofi and the website is down.  Still can't get onto the links either

Same here. I called back up there after 8am because the stocking guy said the SG clerk gets in at that time. I asked said SG clerk if he had any of the 100 rd boxes of Federal 223 and he quickly responded saying he had 4 boxes but they're all gone. I told him about my trip up there earlier this morning and how the clerk that helped me couldn't find it anywhere. He said that "it was locked in a cage and no one could get to it until I got there."  I took that as, "I had it stashed away so I could sell it to my buddy when I got in this morning."  He was definitely in on it.

I think I'm done with Walmart
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Cabela's 223 Hornady 40gr VMAX for $1 per round

link
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. I called back up there after 8am because the stocking guy said the SG clerk gets in at that time. I asked said SG clerk if he had any of the 100 rd boxes of Federal 223 and he quickly responded saying he had 4 boxes but they're all gone. I told him about my trip up there earlier this morning and how the clerk that helped me couldn't find it anywhere. He said that "it was locked in a cage and no one could get to it until I got there."  I took that as, "I had it stashed away so I could sell it to my buddy when I got in this morning."  He was definitely in on it.

I think I'm done with Walmart

Actually he was right about the cage. I went to one of my local walmarts and had the elctronics clerk go back to find me some ammo and she said it was locked up in the storage cage in the back but she had the manager unlock it.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 6:10:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That system has been totally unreliable in my experience.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Walmart also has a iPhone app that lets you make a "shopping list".....I put ammo in my shopping list and I can pull it up a few times a day and scroll through and see which locations have what ammo "in stock"....of course when I call, they never have it so I gave up on walmart.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Walmart also has a iPhone app that lets you make a "shopping list".....I put ammo in my shopping list and I can pull it up a few times a day and scroll through and see which locations have what ammo "in stock"....of course when I call, they never have it so I gave up on walmart.

I think it's a result of Walmart employees stashing the ammo away so their friends/family can have it.  No question in my mind after this morning.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From just a FEW pages ago(Page 268)
Quoted:
Its actually simple. Install Update Scanner in your Firefox browser...(Right Click ANY PAGE and it'll tell you when it updates!)

Then open each of the links mentioned below for the walmart pages.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-UMC-.223-Rem-MC-20pk/16930246

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-UMC-.223-Rem-MC-50pk/16930265

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Cartridge-5.56mmx45mm-62gr-FMJ-Ball-Clipped-Ammo-Can-420-Rounds/21638833

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Ammunition-22LR-40gr-Auto-Match-325ct/17133655

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Ammunition-22LR-36gr-Copper-Plated-550ct/17128628

http://www.walmart.com/ip/TULAMMO-.223-Remington-Full-Metal-Jacket-55-grain-Ammunition-20-rounds/17474538

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Winchester-.223-Remington-PDX1-Defender-60-Grain/21694973

Of Course, you could just Bookmark these pages and check manually as well.

what are the links for the other .22 ammo.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#44]
I picked up two boxes of 100 round 223 this morning at walmart. I checked the stock last night online and it said limited stock. Ran up to the store and the tires lady was working the ammo counter. She said that the ammo just came in on the truck and to come back in the morning at 7am when they sell ammo. Got there right at 7am one other guy was in front of me and we split the 4 boxes they got 2 each which was very nice of him. He could've got three. There is a local gun show here in town so I'm thinking I lucked out with everyone there and not standing in line at walmart.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#45]
US Armorment just can't seem to take a hint.  Their $0.54 per round 80gr match stuff has been sitting at the top of gunbot.net all week.  Maybe it's time to try lowering the price, US Armorment?  Duh.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:22:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
US Armorment just can't seem to take a hint.  Their $0.54 per round 80gr match stuff has been sitting at the top of gunbot.net all week.  Maybe it's time to try lowering the price, US Armorment?  Duh.

Do you know what the pre-panic price was on the item?

Usually match grade ammo can only be shot by match grade guns. Also it generally more expensive. They may not be able to lower the price. It is not target practice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know what the pre-panic price was on the item?

Usually match grade ammo can only be shot by match grade guns. Also it generally more expensive. They may not be able to lower the price. It is not target practice.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Wal marts website is half ass, showed a limited stock at the local store so I sent my wife and to my surprise the actually did have some tul for $6/box.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#49]
I have been looking for a box of 500+ of 22 LR locally and online but have been unsuccessful. Is there a place online that restocks 22 LR regularly? I have been seeing restock dates out into June and July. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I have been looking for a box of 500+ of 22 LR locally and online but have been unsuccessful. Is there a place online that restocks 22 LR regularly? I have been seeing restock dates out into June and July. Thanks

Check GUNBOT.NET it updates all day long with whats instock.

Page / 586
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top