Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You guys don't have to be A-holes!! I load many other firearms in my home but not a AR15. If i needed my AR hot i would chamber a round out back.BUT  I don't need my AR for HD. I have other firearms loaded for HD. You wanna think gun saftey or talk shit. You read what happened to the OP while chambering a AR in his home. I guarentee not one of you AR experts would be disrespectful to me in person.

I would.

No reason not to chamber an AR15 indoors.  Same goes for the issue M16's and M4's I use regularly.

First key to responsible firearm ownership is understanding how the weapon works.

Seems like there is a massive lack of that in this entire topic.  Thanks all for the laughs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys don't have to be A-holes!! I load many other firearms in my home but not a AR15. If i needed my AR hot i would chamber a round out back.BUT  I don't need my AR for HD. I have other firearms loaded for HD. You wanna think gun saftey or talk shit. You read what happened to the OP while chambering a AR in his home. I guarentee not one of you AR experts would be disrespectful to me in person.

I would.

No reason not to chamber an AR15 indoors.  Same goes for the issue M16's and M4's I use regularly.

First key to responsible firearm ownership is understanding how the weapon works.

Seems like there is a massive lack of that in this entire topic.  Thanks all for the laughs.

yea ok
First of all when i posted, i thought the OP was just chambering live rounds in his home for shits and giggles. It didn't occur to me at that moment he was getting his HD weapon "hot".

Side note; That isn't ceramic tile. It's porcelian tile which is stronger and heavier than ceramic.. Ceramic tile would have spiderweb cracked. That is porcelian tile on cement board applied with thin set.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully the chamber at home vs. don't chamber at home debate hasn't scared off the OP.

He still hasn't provided any specifics about the ammo or gun beyond the fact that it's TAP of some variety. You'd think a guy who made this his first post would be all over this thread with details as legit questions are asked.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hopefully the chamber at home vs. don't chamber at home debate hasn't scared off the OP.

He still hasn't provided any specifics about the ammo or gun beyond the fact that it's TAP of some variety. You'd think a guy who made this his first post would be all over this thread with details as legit questions are asked.

he posted pictures of the boxes showing the info and lot numbers.
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

he posted pictures of the boxes showing the info and lot numbers.

No i was not scared off, just got busy enjoying the nice weather on my Yamaha R6. Had to test out the new Wiz Sparky knee pucks i finally got my grubby paws on.

And sorry for not responding with the specifics right away, i thought the thread was beginning to run in circles. Like this gentleman pointed out i indeed posted a picture with all the ammo specifics. The rifle used was a Smith & Wesson M&P and the only modification to the actual inner workings of the rifle is a Timney Trigger which does not contribute to slam fires. I also do not own a micrometer to measure the exact primer strike depth.
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No i was not scared off, just got busy enjoying the nice weather on my Yamaha R6. Had to test out the new Wiz Sparky knee pucks i finally got my grubby paws on.

And sorry for not responding with the specifics right away, i thought the thread was beginning to run in circles. Like this gentleman pointed out i indeed posted a picture with all the ammo specifics. The rifle used was a Smith & Wesson M&P and the only modification to the actual inner workings of the rifle is a Timney Trigger which does not contribute to slam fires. I also do not own a micrometer to measure the exact primer strike depth.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the sun and open road!

The trigger could definitely be contributing to the failures to fire though. A light hammer spring combined with what are probably hard "mil-spec" primers is not a good combo. I agree the slam fires are a separate issue and argue against there being hard "mil-spec" primers so who knows. The problem is that you have two issues that contradict each other. I guess if Hornady did a lousy job seating primers that could be the problem. High primers could absorb some of the firing pin energy resulting in light strikes while also causing the occasional slam fire if the primer is way too high.

The only way you're going to figure out what happened is to have the rifle thoroughly inspected by a competent gunsmith to ensure there is no issue with the gun itself.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything but did the M&P come with that rail and stock? If they were installed by someone could the barrel be mis-installed and somehow contributing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#7]
To answer your question Lomshek, no they were installed by me, and im not sure how a buttstock could affect anything in the discussion. The rail on the otherhand could play a small part in barrel allignment but again i dont see how that could be a contributer, more or less just a quick adjustment of the knobs on the acog and we are back in business.

Maybe im missing something here, if so please correct me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
the bullet on the left appears to have an unstaked primer while the one on the right is staked. The markings on the case appear to be different as well, with the one of the left having some type of symbol between 223 and rem.

???
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top