Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2012 11:46:04 AM EDT
Anyone ever shot MFS http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/ruag-ammotec-rifle-cartridge-20020-remington-full-metal-jacket-rdbx-rdbx-p-120549.html? If so does it do better than Silver Bear or Brown Bear?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't tried shooting anything more precise than minute-of-pie-plate so I can't vouch for accuracy, but for plinking the MFS 7.62x39 is the most reliable com-bloc ammo I've ever shot through my AR's.  Every single round has gone bang, while I still get FTF problems with Wolf.  Seems to be less dirty than Wolf as well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Anyone ever shot MFS http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/ruag-ammotec-rifle-cartridge-20020-remington-full-metal-jacket-rdbx-rdbx-p-120549.html? If so does it do better than Silver Bear or Brown Bear?

Friend of mine ran a carbine course with it. It went bang and went where he pointed it. I ran PMC, should have run MFS, just for $$$ factor.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I've shot quite a lot of it; its the exact same as Silver Bear - because it comes from the same place (Barnaul).  It is just re-branded.  MFS does put out other ammo too from different factories, but the steel case line is made in Barnaul.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 3:31:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I haven't tried shooting anything more precise than minute-of-pie-plate so I can't vouch for accuracy, but for plinking the MFS 7.62x39 is the most reliable com-bloc ammo I've ever shot through my AR's.  Every single round has gone bang, while I still get FTF problems with Wolf.  Seems to be less dirty than Wolf as well.

Just tossing this out there - first thing I do on any combloc rifle I get is replace the firing pin with a new one, and the recoil spring with a wolff xp.  Makes a world of difference in FTFs, even with the crappiest ammo.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 4:36:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just tossing this out there - first thing I do on any combloc rifle I get is replace the firing pin with a new one, and the recoil spring with a wolff xp.  Makes a world of difference in FTFs, even with the crappiest ammo.

What firing pin do you change it out to?

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What firing pin do you change it out to?

Same type of pin, just a new one.  Mostly been using NOS east german firing pins.  I haven't come across many combloc rifles in which both the firing pin and recoil spring weren't considerably worn.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've shot quite a lot of it; its the exact same as Silver Bear - because it comes from the same place (Barnaul).  It is just re-branded.  MFS does put out other ammo too from different factories, but the steel case line is made in Barnaul.

Wish I'd known that; $25 cheaper today for MFS than the Silverbear case I bought.  D'oh!
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wish I'd known that; $25 cheaper today for MFS than the Silverbear case I bought.  D'oh!

You should take a look at Military Shooters $134 shipped for 500 ordered today
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top