Author
Posted: 2/16/2012 3:46:04 PM
Anyone ever shot MFS http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/ruag-ammotec-rifle-cartridge-20020-remington-full-metal-jacket-rdbx-rdbx-p-120549.html? If so does it do better than Silver Bear or Brown Bear?
futuremodal
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:08:18 PM
I haven't tried shooting anything more precise than minute-of-pie-plate so I can't vouch for accuracy, but for plinking the MFS 7.62x39 is the most reliable com-bloc ammo I've ever shot through my AR's. Every single round has gone bang, while I still get FTF problems with Wolf. Seems to be less dirty than Wolf as well.
And all the powers of darkness tremble at what they just heard .......
j_dock2
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:23:46 PM

Originally Posted By browninghunter:
Anyone ever shot MFS http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/ruag-ammotec-rifle-cartridge-20020-remington-full-metal-jacket-rdbx-rdbx-p-120549.html? If so does it do better than Silver Bear or Brown Bear?

Friend of mine ran a carbine course with it. It went bang and went where he pointed it. I ran PMC, should have run MFS, just for $$$ factor.
SA80Dan
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:24:51 PM

I've shot quite a lot of it; its the exact same as Silver Bear - because it comes from the same place (Barnaul). It is just re-branded. MFS does put out other ammo too from different factories, but the steel case line is made in Barnaul.
Krinkplinker
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:31:39 AM
Originally Posted By futuremodal:
I haven't tried shooting anything more precise than minute-of-pie-plate so I can't vouch for accuracy, but for plinking the MFS 7.62x39 is the most reliable com-bloc ammo I've ever shot through my AR's. Every single round has gone bang, while I still get FTF problems with Wolf. Seems to be less dirty than Wolf as well.

Just tossing this out there - first thing I do on any combloc rifle I get is replace the firing pin with a new one, and the recoil spring with a wolff xp. Makes a world of difference in FTFs, even with the crappiest ammo.

browninghunter
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/17/2012 8:36:27 AM
Originally Posted By Krinkplinker:

Just tossing this out there - first thing I do on any combloc rifle I get is replace the firing pin with a new one, and the recoil spring with a wolff xp. Makes a world of difference in FTFs, even with the crappiest ammo.

What firing pin do you change it out to?

Krinkplinker
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/17/2012 11:43:46 AM
Originally Posted By Krinkplinker:

What firing pin do you change it out to?

Same type of pin, just a new one. Mostly been using NOS east german firing pins. I haven't come across many combloc rifles in which both the firing pin and recoil spring weren't considerably worn.
NotIssued
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/18/2012 8:03:12 PM
Originally Posted By SA80Dan:

I've shot quite a lot of it; its the exact same as Silver Bear - because it comes from the same place (Barnaul). It is just re-branded. MFS does put out other ammo too from different factories, but the steel case line is made in Barnaul.

Wish I'd known that; $25 cheaper today for MFS than the Silverbear case I bought. D'oh!
Zip196
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/20/2012 7:23:07 PM
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
Originally Posted By SA80Dan:

Wish I'd known that; $25 cheaper today for MFS than the Silverbear case I bought. D'oh!

You should take a look at Military Shooters $134 shipped for 500 ordered today
Rule #2 - Double Tap
BRONZ
You're Being Watched
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/20/2012 7:49:26 PM
There is a youtube vid. where some guy compairs SB wifh that. He said it looked the same.
For whats thats worth.
BRONZ

You never have trouble if you are prepared for it. T. Roosevelt