Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2012 10:51:34 AM EDT
Im not sure that I am in the right forum or not.If not please excuse me.  But I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a chart comparison of the two rounds.I have the 5.56,but am thinking of building/buying a 7.62x39,one because of the ammo prices ,and two,because Im thinking the terminal ballistics and barrier penetration of the heavier 7.62 bullet.
 Thanks for any answers/opinions,or replies I might get.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 6:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Im not sure that I am in the right forum or not.If not please excuse me.  But I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a chart comparison of the two rounds.I have the 5.56,but am thinking of building/buying a 7.62x39,one because of the ammo prices ,and two,because Im thinking the terminal ballistics and barrier penetration of the heavier 7.62 bullet.

Thanks for any answers/opinions,or replies I might get.

there are about 50 links tacked at the top

This one even has pictures if you cant read

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm

Link Posted: 1/16/2012 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#2]
[there are about 50 links tacked at the top

(This one even has pictures if you cant read)

I didnt see the links at the top at the time when I asked the question,but it is funny how some people cant even give help or an answer without showing how much of a smart aleck they can be.

Link Posted: 1/16/2012 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[there are about 50 links tacked at the top

(This one even has pictures if you cant read)

I didnt see the links at the top at the time when I asked the question,but it is funny how some people cant even give help or an answer without showing how much of a smart aleck they can be.

When you see the same question posted everyday just below that tacked threads, it starts to wear  77 grn 5.56 is better all around except for barrier penetration. 70 Grn TSX evens out the barrier thing a little bit
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#4]
This question has been asked once a week since I started reading on this site. I was 13 then, and I can legally drink now...

Molon, Old Painless, and many others have gone through a lot of work to lay out the law as clearly as humanly possible. I love reading the tacked ammo threads.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
7.62x39  with the RIGHT BULLET beats 5.56mm as far as Geltesting goes
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Molon, Old Painless, and many others have gone through a lot of work to lay out the law as clearly as humanly possible. I love reading the tacked ammo threads.

To keep the record straight.

Terminal perfomance data was provided by Dr Roberts, Tatjana, and Brouhaha, with articles from Dr Fackler as well.

Zhukov (and Troy IIRC) put the original Ammo FAQ together.

+1

Thats how I see it as well
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]
So we're agreed that the info is in the tacked threads?  Alrighty.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top