Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2011 6:04:09 PM EDT
Widener's has Israeli (IMI) M855 for $346/1200 rounds. How does this ammo rate?
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I've been using IMI M193 and M855 for years with no issues.

BTW: That's a good price. It's about $100.00 more per case than I paid for M855 about five or six years ago, but right now I don't think you can go wrong with the Widener's price.

Depending on your taste, YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
PMC xtac is another good choice. ignore the boxes btw.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 3:43:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This is all I buy right now, and the $346 price is the best it's been in over a year. The first case I ordered was $420, and that was a good deal at that time still. I just picked up another case last week or so.

From Molon's test, it's one of the best flying M855 variants out there. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
This should put your mind at ease:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_16/519740_Attack_of_the__M193__Clones__Part_Two___M855_Comparison_.html

As far as buying from Wideners, have no fear. Between Wideners and AIM, you won't find better ammo vendors anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

it's good stuff!
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
If its QC is as good as my lots from the 90`s
Its good ammo

Ive had good luck with Lake City
But lately ran into some bad lots 6MOA

Its all about QC
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its good ammo

Ive had good luck with Lake City
But lately ran into some bad lots 6MOA

Its all about QC

This is why I'm sticking with IMI, unless it's older LC stamped M855.
Link Posted: 10/31/2011 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#8]
just went through 1200 rounds this past weekend , it's good stuff

and another +1 for widener's , great people.
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like I'll order some then. I've bought quite a bit from Wideners, they are a great vendor.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#10]
IMI= fantastic shit
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 4:48:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
IMI= fantastic shit 100% mil-spec ammo that's been combat-tested by the IDF on Hamas, Hezbollah and Palestinian terrorists and found to be quite effective.

Fixed it for you, bro...

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the info guys.  I ordered a couple cases of the IMI 55gr FMJ from Wideners.  $26 shipping on two 1200rd cases to Atlanta, not bad in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got in a case of it l this week and shot several hundred rounds out of my rifle and at 25 yards I was getting 3-4" groups with magnified optics. My reloads were smaller than a dime at the same distance and same rifle. I guess my rifle just doesn't like the stuff. At 100 yards I could hardly stay on a 1'x2' target. And talk about dirty, this stuff is filthy shooting. I don't expect match quality out of it but I was rather disappointed in it. Next week I will try it out of a few other rifles to see if it is any better out of them. I'm sure it is just specific to that rifle for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I just got in a case of it l this week and shot several hundred rounds out of my rifle and at 25 yards I was getting 3-4" groups with magnified optics. My reloads were smaller than a dime at the same distance and same rifle. I guess my rifle just doesn't like the stuff. At 100 yards I could hardly stay on a 1'x2' target. And talk about dirty, this stuff is filthy shooting. I don't expect match quality out of it but I was rather disappointed in it. Next week I will try it out of a few other rifles to see if it is any better out of them. I'm sure it is just specific to that rifle for some reason.

Looking forward to hearing about what you find out.

Link Posted: 11/6/2011 7:32:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I brought 1200 rounds yesterday from the early 90's still in the plastic for $200 about 4 miles from home.

I thought it was a score although it was less expensive when it was made.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's odd, I used IMI M855 for a NRA National Defense Match out to either 200 or 300 yards with excellent accuracy (for M855), when I then switched to some hand loaded 69gr SMKs. This was with a 14.5" Colt SOCOM barrel in 1/7 twist.

From what Molon has posted is his tests, it's the most consistent or accurate M855 around right now.

Link Posted: 11/6/2011 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's odd, I used IMI M855 for a NRA National Defense Match out to either 200 or 300 yards with excellent accuracy (for M855), when I then switched to some hand loaded 69gr SMKs. This was with a 14.5" Colt SOCOM barrel in 1/7 twist.

From what Molon has posted is his tests, it's the most consistent or accurate M855 around right now.

I read that and was about to order 1200rds from wideners.  I hope that things havent changed with that stuff since he got his.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that and was about to order 1200rds from wideners.  I hope that things havent changed with that stuff since he got his.

I have a good amount of this stuff, with most being in the same lot as Molon tested. I think my most recent case from two weeks ago was a newer lot. I have not shot any since I got the new stuff in.

While I doubt it's any different, I'm not going to say it's not possible. However, I would think if that's the case we'd be seeing some uproar about it, as it seems negative findings find their way on forums quicker than positives.

If I can find the time this week, I'd be happy to shoot some from both lots out of my Colt at 100 yards to see if there's any deviation.

ETA; spelin...

ETA2: I take that back, I think I have some from lot 00203K, 00219K, and 00234K. I noticed no difference in the 00203K and 00219K, but I have yet to shoot any from the 00234K batch yet. I'm now wishing I'd have left at least a few boxes from each lot in their original 30 rounds boxes. The first two batches are now all mixed up in ammo cans, however the newest batch is still in the 30 round boxes. So, if I do a comparison, it will be between the mix of 00203K and 00219K vs the newer 00234K.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:21:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just got in a case of it l this week and shot several hundred rounds out of my rifle and at 25 yards I was getting 3-4" groups with magnified optics. My reloads were smaller than a dime at the same distance and same rifle.

Just curious, what's the rifle?

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info guys.  I ordered a couple cases of the IMI 55gr FMJ from Wideners.  $26 shipping on two 1200rd cases to Atlanta, not bad in my opinion.

are you kidding?  its fucking fantastic :)  I live around ATL too, and widener's has been great.   I just wish Natchez would ship here, they have some good deals on ammo I'd like to buy on ocasion

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I brought 1200 rounds yesterday from the early 90's still in the plastic for $200 about 4 miles from home.

I thought it was a score although it was less expensive when it was made.

Danny

Pfft, its still a score man.  I never find deals on ammo like that locally.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I like IMI better than;

PMC Bronze
PMC XTAC
Federal Bulk
F. American Eagle
Wolf

And aside form the wolf shit, its cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:14:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I like IMI better than;

PMC Bronze
PMC XTAC
Federal Bulk
F. American Eagle
Wolf

And aside form the wolf shit, its cheaper.

If you bag up the IMI brass and sell it you can actually get the cost of the IMI M193 down to about what Wolf cost per round, seriously.

I was going to sell my IMI brass but realized the crimp was so mild it could be re-primed without swagging so am reloading it
PMC Bronze is also GTG, no crimp but PMC X-Tac uses crimped military brass (HS is PSD) so must be swagged and I don't bother .
Some Federal is no crimp but some Federal is LC crimped brass
FYI

Wulfmann

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top