Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/11/2012 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By xcravx:
Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Originally Posted By xcravx:
Just tried Wolf WPA for the first time in my BCM 14.5" middy.  60 rounds, 4 failure to feeds, 1 round stuck in the chamber with the bolt out of battery.  Bolt did not lock back on either mag.    I'm running a carbine buffer, and have never had a malfunction before.  What gives?

There is a problem with your gun or mags.

Where would you start looking for the problem?  I'm running newer pmags, and have never had a previous malfunction.

Make sure gas block is tight and properly aligned. Gas keys is tight. BCG properly lubed. Standard weight carbine action spring. The stoppages you are experiancing are typical for a undergassed gun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 2:42:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jolkm] [#2]
I fired 120rds of the WPA military classic 55gr FMJ ammo a few days ago without any problems whatsoever.

My rifle is somewhat of a frankengun, basically an Oly K3B with re-contoured barrel, H3 buffer, and DIY trigger mod. (lightened hammer, JP yellow springs, and setscrew mod, but no sear polishing)

I can't comment on accuracy, as my skills are inadequate to really be able to test accuracy of a gun/ammo, and I was shooting unsupported with iron sights at 25m at a zombie target, and doing relatively rapid fire, basically just having fun. Fun and practice are what cheap Russian ammo is best for, and that was all I was doing.

It actually seems as or less dirty than the PMC X-Tac ammo I've shot, though I didn't really do a full/detailed cleaning of my rifle afterwards, just the chamber/bore, a wipedown of the receiver&BCG, and re-oiling with a few drops of CLP in critical areas. The WPA ammo did however, make more smoke when fired than the X-Tac.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Factory Bushmaster XM15 (Ilion not Windham)

160 rounds so far. Had one failure to feed in the first mag (brand new PMAG) but other than that no problems. It is pretty dirty though. Seems like this will be my go to plinking ammo.
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 12:49:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser101] [#4]
Daniel Defense M4 V2.

Attempted to run 9 magazines of Wolf WPA 55 grain Polyformance though it today.  Consistent, and I mean 90% of the magazine here, FTF.  3 instances I had the good fortune of getting 2-5 rounds to feed properly.  Every other round my rifle was a bolt action.  Made it though approximately 120 rounds before giving up.  I attempted to down load every mag from 30 to 29, but obviously that didn't work as I was still FTFing on the last few rounds of every magazine.  Some mags were brand new, some where previously used.  Attempted with randomly selected mags in front of me.  Should have asked the guy next to me to borrow one of his USGI mags but I was already getting pretty aggravated and ready to move on to pistols.

FTFs came in two varieties.  Either the round got jammed on the feed ramp (maybe 30% of the time) or they bolt simply slid over them in the magazine.  Visible was a light scratch along the top of the failed round where the bolt slipped over the round.  Attempted spraying some rem oil on feed ramps and bolt face.  Didn't help.  Removed bolt carrier group and gave it a cleaning.  Didn't help.  Cycling the charging handle or riding the bolt forward via the bolt catch never once failed to feed a round.

I was using 30 round PMAGs, windowed and unwindowed.  They were not EMAGs.

The was only the second time to the range with this  rifle.  Previous trip I ran 300 rounds of LC XM193 though it, PMAGs again.  Had 1 FTE.  I neglected to bring any of my LC XM193 today so I cannot guarantee something didn't go wrong with my rifle between the last time I went shooting and today

Kind of at a loss here.  Found an alright deal on 1k rounds and thought I'd give it a shot...and it seems I've learned a $250 lesson.  I know lot of folks run WPA with no problems or few problems.  I expected maybe 5 or so FTFs or FTEs but this was a dramatic failure.  Yes, I do clean my rifle and while I'm not meticulous about the rifle certainly was not dirty when I took it out today.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 8:49:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kyonic] [#5]
Of course it will be dirty because it is smaller as .223 in the 5.56 chambers.  Again the reason we buy is because it is cheap and it goes boom and will hit what ever you want it to hit.  Until someone here makes ammo this cheap we will continue to shoot this stuff which that is not going to happen.  So the people that say that this steel ammo or any other is junk is just someone trying to hang onto something that is not there.  Americans welcome to your new third world country that we already live in so buy it or bitch and dream of the America that is lost and will never come back.  Run your gun wet which will not hurt a thing and if it does then load another round stop trying to think your gun is going to run like a sewing machine.  Talk to anyone that work in a machine shop they will tell you that you always have to tweak things to make perfect.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#6]
1) Firearm used in: Several ARs and Mini-14
2) Approximate number of rounds fired: a couple thousand
3) Ammunition type: 55 gr FMJ

The only trouble I can report is that it is a little underpowered and would not cycle my 11.5" SBR when the can was off. With the can on it worked perfectly, but with it off, there would be two or three stoppages per magazine. That rifle works perfectly, with or without the can with all other ammo I've tried.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 1:49:00 PM EDT
[#7]
5000ish rounds through each one of my rifles ranging from 10.5'' sbr to 16' carbines and 16' mids. Only one faluire to extract and it was a stuck case that required a cleaning rod down the barrel to get it out. I will continue to shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I have fired 500 rounds of 55 grain FMJ shared through a BCM  14.5 mid and a Colt carbine upper.
0 issues of any kind and it shot around 2.5-3MOA.

I let a guy have 20 rounds who had a A1 type rifle and it had a few issues.But I don't know what maintenance  or condition it was in.

I hope posting this in 2014 is ok
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I shoot tons of Wolf WPA 5.56 and 7.62 and have never had any issues.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I am over 5000 rounds of wolf all 3 kinds never a issue.

Bonus info
2000 rounds of mfs 2 maybe 3 bad primers. 1500 rounds Tula few short cycle but was in a brand new gun should have used a good 556 to start with like I normally do. Shot 90 rounds today out of my 10.5 SBR.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#11]
1) Firearm used in. -  9 factory or home builds from 14.5 - 24 inches work fine.  1 home build 16 inch will only eject 25% of the time.  Only difference in this one is that it has a TNW billet upper and seems extremely tight. Hard to move the bolt even by hand. Highly  suspect it is the upper.

2) Approximate number of rounds fired.  - 10K in many rifles.  About 90 in the one that gives problems.

3) Ammunition type. -  New WPA 55 gr FMJ. Maybe some older Wolf from the last few years but none of the early stuff.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top