Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/26/2011 5:15:02 PM EDT
Did any one get there order shipped yet from USA AMMO the half off deal? I placed my order  and heard nothing tried calling email and zero info
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't and was wondering the same thing.

I logged onto their site and my status says "waiting to ship" or something to that effect.  Maybe the demand caused some back order issues.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I didn't and was wondering the same thing.

I logged onto their site and my status says "waiting to ship" or something to that effect.  Maybe the demand caused some back order issues.

YA i  was thinking the same they may have gotten slammed with orders as long as i get my ammo by the 13th going on a road trip to meet up with some buddy's to do some blasting
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
add me to the list. I sent them an email about it, hopefully they'll write back soon

yeah i saw that earlier.  wear eye protection folks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 to the list.  i made 2 orders.. both say waiting to ship.  made 1st order the day the coupons went on sale (9mm), 2nd a few hrs ago (.308)
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Same boat here i'm willing to bed the above referenced link might have something to do with the shipping delay, or the got hammered with orders. At that price i can afford to wait a bit :)
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Same here.  Mine say waiting to ship and was actually wondering if anybody else had gotten a shipping notice.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#8]
My order shipped last night, UPS tracking already had origin scan records.  Looks like they had to use two separate packages for 12 boxes 9mm.  Looks like they ship out from Idaho as well...so I'm not getting it until next Wednesday.  UPS ground cross country blows.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#9]
After the recent kaboom thread, I'm going to hold off on this company for a while.

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I would imagine its due to the large amount of orders. I ordered from them right before the offer and had my order shipped out 2 days later.

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I placed an order the day of the sale, and got a ups shipping notice yesterday.  It left their location yesterday, and my ammo won't be here till Tuesday.  Aside from the slow shipping time via UPS, I am satisfied with a fairly quick turnaround to get my items out the door.

OP, just a reminder that you had to accept this statement on their verification page prior to adding your ammo to your cart:

I understand my card will be charged at this time to secure the components and cost to manufacture and fill my order prior to shipping.

So, while I'm sure that they keep some stock, I wouldn't be surprised if during the sale they blew through it all and are now manufacturing to fill orders.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Placed two orders last Thursday and have not received shipping confirmation yet.  I am going to place a third order once I get the code problem worked out.  My guess is that it is a combination of the two factors above.  I don't care how long it takes for them to ship my order as long as my rifle doesn't KABOOM!
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have not received my order from the GearHog coupon event.
However, I did get this email from them today.

Dear Valued Customer,

We are privy to a possible issue with our 223 55gr FMJ Remanufactured ammunition, LOT#2906113 only. Since you received a shipment of this ammunition in July, you possibly received ammunition with LOT#2906113. If you did receive this product, we are asking you to immediately cease firing this ammunition and return it to us at our expense. Contact our office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm Central Standard Time, to receive instructions on packaging and shipping the ammunition back to our plant. We will immediately send you replacement ammunition in the full quantity of your original order.

We are committed to manufacturing the highest quality ammunition and this quality control measure is voluntary on our part to ensure our commitment. The 223 55gr FMJ Remanufactured ammunition is the only product affected by this action. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and we will work tirelessly to limit any aggravation.

Sincerely,
USA Ammo
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dear Valued Customer,

We are privy to a possible issue with our 223 55gr FMJ Remanufactured ammunition, LOT#2906113 only. Since you received a shipment of this ammunition in July, you possibly received ammunition with LOT#2906113. If you did receive this product, we are asking you to immediately cease firing this ammunition and return it to us at our expense. Contact our office during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm Central Standard Time, to receive instructions on packaging and shipping the ammunition back to our plant. We will immediately send you replacement ammunition in the full quantity of your original order.

We are committed to manufacturing the highest quality ammunition and this quality control measure is voluntary on our part to ensure our commitment. The 223 55gr FMJ Remanufactured ammunition is the only product affected by this action. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and we will work tirelessly to limit any aggravation.

Sincerely,

USA Ammo

Good on them, imo.

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,

USA Ammo

They just moved onto my "will buy from" list.

Good handling of the situation.

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#16]
And I think the big issue here is the .223 / 5.56 rds.
Ive got their 9mm and .45acp and its run flawlessly thru 4 guns I own and my good friends Glocks. So I'm hoping they get it right. And glad nothing happened to OP with the kaboom.

Always good to have more info.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I just had one of my .223 orders cancelled ( I didnt cancel it, and my 9mm is shipment pending - one for me, one for my dad)

My GF has an order (w/ my card and address because its hers and a gift for her dad, and doesnt want it shipped there) for .223 (400 rounds each) and both are shipment pending

I am pissed. I  Emailed them as to why they have cancelled my order and no response yet. It was after they closed.  I want to speak w/ someone asap.
Link Posted: 7/28/2011 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine hasn't shipped yet either. Guessing the delays are a combination of the amount of orders and the whole kaboom-ing business going on.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 3:23:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Dear Valued Customer,

Sincerely,
USA Ammo

Now thats a company that knows how to take care of its customers. Ive shot a bunch of the usa ammo 55 gr vmax out of my AR and its really nice and accurate ammo for the price. Glad to hear its not affected by the ka boom problem. Looks like I need to pick up some more.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I was able to get a hold of them on Tuesday and they said my order should ship on Thursday well that didn't happen hopefully it will ship today.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I ordered a mix of 9mm and .38 special with the half-off deal and my order shipped on the 26th. Supposed to be here on wednesday.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just had one of my .223 orders cancelled ( I didnt cancel it, and my 9mm is shipment pending - one for me, one for my dad)

My GF has an order (w/ my card and address because its hers and a gift for her dad, and doesnt want it shipped there) for .223 (400 rounds each) and both are shipment pending

I am pissed. I  Emailed them as to why they have cancelled my order and no response yet. It was after they closed.  I want to speak w/ someone asap.
I'm going to guess that you were one that didn't follow the rules and stacked two vouchers that resulted in the order being cancelled.  If this isn't the case, I apologize.

The two orders that I placed last thursday still haven't shipped but I imagine the delay is due to demand and the recall.  I just placed a third order thru my in-laws for more 223.  Will have a total of 700 rounds of 55gr, 300 of vmax, and 100 rounds of 380 acp when everything shows up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#23]
No one per order but yes to my residence, though they are for others. Have customer service trying to sort it out....kinda a pits. Never would have happened if I could've input different shipping and billing addresses. Websight says call but they were closed and took me 4 hours and 12 calls to get a person on the phone. Good folks jus hope it all gets fixed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Received this email today...  from GEARHOG

Valued Customer,

First of all, thank you for joining GEARHOG, we appreciate that you were one of our first customers! Our recent launch presented some very valuable learning experiences that are not uncommon with new ecommerce and marketing companies launches and we want to thank you for all your patience and understanding. The USA Ammo offer presented last week on our site was our second offer and a smash hit. We did not anticipate such a huge response to the USA Ammo offer and an unanticipated bug in our system caused quite a bit of confusion for all of our valued customers and lots of work for our friends at USA Ammo. We hope you join us in showing appreciation to the USA Ammo team for stepping up and supporting our company and offering such a fantastic offer. The team worked diligently throughout all of the confusion last week to rectify all customer service issues and restore the gift certificate serial numbers that were generated in error.

One issue that should be addressed is the terms and conditions of the offer presented by USA Ammo. Those terms and conditions stated that one gift certificate could be purchased for personal use and one could be purchased to present as a gift to another user. Furthermore, only one GearHog generated gift certificate could be used on any order and only one per user of the USA Ammo website. There were some glaring violations of these terms and conditions including, single users using multiple GearHog generated gift certificates on a single order and single users placing multiple orders using only one GearHog generated gift certificate. These incidents were somewhat minimal and we want to express our sincere appreciation to the 100’s of you who abided by the terms and conditions of the offer.

For those who purchased multiple gift certificates, USA Ammo has committed to a fair resolution and they are extending the following offer:

- Only one GEARHOG generated gift certificate can be used by a single user on any order.
- A single user can use only 1 GEARHOG generated gift certificate every 30 days until their expiration in January 2012.
- Only one order paid with a GEARHOG generated gift certificate will be shipped to an address every 30 days.

If you already placed an order and it has been cancelled due to using multiple certificates please contact USA Ammo directly to place a new order using just you first certificate, you will have the option to use your credit card to pay the balance directly or setup a new order using your first certificate. Also, when placing your second order, if you experience any difficulties please contact the USA Ammo customer service center at (281) 864-4776 or email them at [email protected]. If you only purchased one certificate and you are still experiencing any issues placing an order please contact USA Ammo customer service, they will take good care of you. They have added members to their customer service team to ensure every GearHog customer receives the highest quality customer service experience. We are also available to assist you with any issues that might arise.

We want to thank all of you for such an enormous response to the USA Ammo offer and most notably, for all your patience during the confusion. We hope to bring you many more awesome deals on sporting goods and outdoor gear in the future.

Thanks,
David

David Rudolf
GEARHOG.com
www.gearhog.com
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 6:55:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Is anyone still waiting on their order??
I ordered mine on 7/22 at about 8am and i'ts still showing as "Shipment Pending" I've sent an email a week ago and another on Sunday and have'nt received any response. Been trying to call all morning today and nobody in answering the phone. Getting really ticked off! At this point I would rather them just change all my order to 9mm and ship it. And no, I only bought and used ONE coupon from Gearhog, so that can't be the problem. :)

Update: Finally got through on the phone right after I posted this.

Woman who answered the phone said she was at a "call center"  and had no info whatsoever!! Could not tell me when my order would ship, how far behind they were, what days orders they were shipping, nothing! She would not give me a number or any way to contact anybody who could give answers. Very poorly handled. A quick "it will be about x more weeks" would be fine, not great, but at least I would know. Grrrrr.   (Ok...end of rant)
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I ordered mine on 7/22 at about 8am and i'ts still showing as "Shipment Pending" I've sent an email a week ago and another on Sunday and have'nt received any response. Been trying to call all morning today and nobody in answering the phone. Getting really ticked off! At this point I would rather them just change all my order to 9mm and ship it. And no, I only bought and used ONE coupon from Gearhog, so that can't be the problem. :)

Woman who answered the phone said she was at a "call center"  and had no info whatsoever!! Could not tell me when my order would ship, how far behind they were, what days orders they were shipping, nothing! She would not give me a number or any way to contact anybody who could give answers. Very poorly handled. A quick "it will be about x more weeks" would be fine, not great, but at least I would know. Grrrrr.   (Ok...end of rant)
Calm down a little man.  With the huge spike in demand they are going to need time to produce the ammo.  I placed two seperate orders in the evening on 7/21 and have not recieved shipping notification yet.  When I do I will post.

Based off of peoples updates on other threads on other forums, I think that they are filling orders placed on 7/21 as we speak.

Link Posted: 8/3/2011 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calm down a little man.  With the huge spike in demand they are going to need time to produce the ammo.  I placed two seperate orders in the evening on 7/21 and have not recieved shipping notification yet.  When I do I will post.

Based off of peoples updates on other threads on other forums, I think that they are filling orders placed on 7/21 as we speak.

I got my email today that My Order has been processed and shipped. I placed my order during 7/21. So yeah a little behind due to the GearHog orders and the KB's going on.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 4:15:34 PM EDT
[#28]
My order shipped on Monday and will be at my house Friday Two week total from the day i ordered to the time it gets to my house Not so bad for the price i have no regrets as long as it shoots good and my guns don't blow up
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I got my 550 rounds of 9mm today.  Not sure if I wll ever use it and might just save them for paper weights.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 5:09:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I placed an order for 500rds of 9mm right before this gearhog deal.  I received the order about a week ago.  I also placed 2 orders using the gearhog deal and they are pending.  Expect a 2 month delay I'd guess.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 7:20:24 AM EDT
[#31]
i ordered about 300 rounds during the gearhog sale. I think at this point im going to put it out of my mind for now- if it shows up one day it will just be a happy surprise
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#32]
I placed an order using the GEARHOG deal on 07/21. I received an e-mail notification on 07/28 that is has "shipped" but I have not received anything yet. If it is not here by tomorrow afternoon, I will start calling them. It is coming to Virginia from Idaho by the cheapest means possible so it may take more than a week.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 8:59:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I placed an order using the GEARHOG deal on 07/21. I received an e-mail notification on 07/28 that is has "shipped" but I have not received anything yet. If it is not here by tomorrow afternoon, I will start calling them. It is coming to Virginia from Idaho by the cheapest means possible so it may take more than a week.

Your tracking number should be on your account order history on the site.  Based on mine which is also coming from Idaho to Northern Virginia, UPS Ground hit some sort of hazardous weather condition BS status over the weekend so it got delayed.  ETA is supposed to be tomorrow for me.  However, on another order of mine (with the bad .223) the tracking status hasn't updated and it only has the shipping label created status.   I've had this happen to me before even though it was moving along; typically due to UPS employees not scanning properly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They ship ground, it took mine over a week from the 'ship date' so give them some time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I have two orders––one from 7/21 and one from 7/27––was told by customer service last week that the first order should ship middle of this week.  That obviously hasn't happened, but the customer service agent on the call this afternoon stated they should be shipped out within the next 7 business days.  To quote him he said "our promotion was a little more successful than we anticipated"

Saw the KB threaed in the AR discussion section, but I ordered the .308, so I'm confident in running it through my 5R Milspec.  We'll see if they make good on the "within 7 days" info.

So far my only regret is not being able to buy more, but whether or not the ammo lives up to the limited reviews is TBD.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#36]
So my ammo shipped from Texas and others shipped from Idaho WTF so were are they from.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#37]
from what ive gathered on different sites, they should be on or getting to order #'s 12000 by today.  last i saw, order # 11932 was sent out moday (ordered 1k 9mm).   but from what ive also seen, the .223 orders have been canceled by the company.  I am order @ 12012 (ordered july 21 @ roughly 1030pm, 1k 9mm) and mine still says pending.  to bad i also have an order # 12240(240 .308) .. prob b a month before i see it
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#38]
my orders were cancelled due to using 2 coupons ...I just tried to reorder using 1 and its saying my gift certificate has no balance , going to call them tomorrow to see what to do about reusing the gift certificates
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 3:48:30 AM EDT
[#39]
My orders placed on the 21st have shipped.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 4:03:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
my orders were cancelled due to using 2 coupons ...I just tried to reorder using 1 and its saying my gift certificate has no balance , going to call them tomorrow to see what to do about reusing the gift certificates

When you look on their site does it say 'pending'?  That's odd because I submitted 2 orders and I haven't gotten an e-mail or anything saying that there is a delay.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#41]
said pending for 12 days then they cancelled them
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Got this email from them this morning. My order was on 7/21, shows shipped, will be here in AZ on Wed. Hopefully.

Dear Valued Customers,

Due to the overwhelming response to our GearHog offer on July 21, 2011, our shipping lapse time has been extended. This extension is very unusual and solely due to the enormous amount of orders we received in a 3 day time period. We are working diligently and efficiently to reduce our shipping backlog and fully expect to be back to normal very soon.

We thank you for your patience during this extraordinary period. We are committed to bringing the finest quality ammunition made right here in the USA to the market place and as a result our processes were overwhelmed by your tremendous support of our recent offer. As a consolation for your patience, we are extending each of you a one time use of our MOREAMMO shipping discount. You may use the MOREAMMO coupon on your next order. This offer is not available for users who use a second GearHog gift certificate.

Again, thank you so much for your tremendous support of our efforts to keep ammunition manufacturing alive in the USA. We look forward to providing you with the highest quality ammunition. Please visit www.usaammo.com for all your ammunition and gear needs.

Have a great day!
Trace R William
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#43]
I ordered the day of the GEARHOG sale and I just recieved my 1k of 9mm yesterday.  Don't remember the order #.  

I was also suprised to find they must have accidently shipped me some extra .40 s&w ammo that I did not order.  I will try calling them, but I sure as heck am not going to chase them down over it.  Funny thing is I told my wife about what happened and she was like "Oh, I thought you were going to tell me you needed to buy a new gun."  I said, "Well, I was looking at getting a .40 for a carry piece."  
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So my ammo shipped from Texas and others shipped from Idaho WTF so were are they from.

USA Ammo is manufactured in Lewiston,Id for USA Ammo.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

USA Ammo is manufactured in Lewiston,Id for USA Ammo.

Ya I loved the 2 day shipping Had my order of 2k 9mm new production on my door step within 4 days

Of course that was a week before the GearHog deal.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#46]
I received an email saying my 9mm has shipped today. UPS says by end of day on the 11th.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 2:58:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Ordered on the 21 and it came in on the 5th but was missing one box of 9mm
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 2:58:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I ordered on July 21st and received it on August 8th. I received all 600 rounds I ordered. Intial impressions;

I bought the "remanufactured" 9x19mm and the brass is a mix of commercial headstamps. I was kinda hoping it was all military brass which I KNOW would be "once-fired"

I visually inspected 100 rounds and they all look good. No dented cases, no loose bullets, the seating looks consistent, no deformed brass, primer depth looks good.

All packaged in 50 round trays in boxes.

I will get to the range this weekend and try it out. I hope it doesn't have too much "attitude" Pray for me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:49:34 AM EDT
[#49]
They even have had someone call me directly to answer any questions I had.  I like their customer service.
Link Posted: 8/24/2011 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#50]
I made my 1st order july 21st (9mm) and got an email yesterday saying shipped.  went to their website and it shows a tracking # and delivery date of friday 8-26.   idk about yall, but a 5 week turn around is pretty shitty.  sadly i made an order july 26th and who knows when ill get that (.308)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top