Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2011 3:05:52 AM EDT

There is no such thing as a RAUFOSS high explosive round in any caliber smaller than .50 BMG!  Too small amount of explosive to fill up what limited space available in the projectile head.   This was sold on the internet as ".30 cal Real Raufoss Bullets".  I wasn't disappointed to see that it was a......
Type ZR explosive incendiary bullet made by either Soviet or Chinese, in 7.62x54r.  It has an internal striking mechanism that dentonates an explosive capsule of Tetryl, and in turn, scatters the incendiary composition held in the nose portion of the envelope.  Still in use today as a "Spotter" round, it should have a red tip.  This was turned down, then repainted green over white, like a real MK211 .50 BMG RAUFOSS.  I also have a fake .223 RAUFOSS with lime green tips that hasn't been cut open yet!   wolf
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 3:51:52 AM EDT
[#1]
That is really interesting, thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 3:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Very cool.  Buyer beware on any of those specialty bullets.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
very sweet.    How do you manage to cut those down and not ignite anything?  Some of those compounds are pretty sensitive
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]
That is awesome. Thanks for the review!
Can't wait to see the section on your .223 raufoss.

Now I have to get on the net to see if I can find some 'real' raufoss .25 ACP
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Dremel...
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#6]
"Who ARE you?"

You have found your niche for sure. Another good one
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 6:58:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Man, I gotta say that I really look forward to your posts.  As usual, this one is informative and awesome.  If I may make a suggestion, I'd like to see you consolidate your posts and pictures into one post and get Zukhov to make it a tacked thread.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
very sweet.    How do you manage to cut those down and not ignite anything?  Some of those compounds are pretty sensitive

My thoughts exactly!
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I think he said by goin really slow with a belt sander and water.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top