Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2010 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By JoshAR:
Got a chance to get some of the Privi out that I have today.

1.886 MOA 10 shot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/privi75grnbcm.jpg

With 16" BCM mounted with a Nightforce 1-4x, off a bi-pod, 100 yards:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Joshpictures/IMG_1823.jpg

Conditions, over cast 0 wind, 58 deg.

I shot 4 10 shot groups that one was the best. One was a cold bore group shot with the gas system turned off (Noveskie Switch Block) I wanted to do a POI comparison. Group shown is 2nd group shot, 3rd group was downright horrid, 4th group was actually very nice with 2 rushed shots tossing the group into the 2.5 moa area.

Over all, I'm happy, I hoped for better but 2 moa from Eastern Europe ammo I can live with.

Molon I have a N4 Noveskie 14.5" I'll try to get out this week with it and the Privi and report back. When I do that I'll reshot the BCM with Black Hills 77 grn match and report back.

Very nice rig dude.  That's good shooting as well...
Link Posted: 12/29/2010 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By vicious_cb:
Anyone get a chance to try some of the new "blue box" stuff? Is it as good as the old green box?

https://www.aimsurplus.com/EOS/images/product/ap223hp75.jpg

I wish Molon do do a test with some brand new stock of the blue-box stuff.  I swear I get pretty drastic results from different lots of the blue stuff and the green stuff.  Same day, same range, same gun.  Not a lot of consistency there.  Unlike a FGGM SMK, where I get pretty darn consistent results.
Link Posted: 12/29/2010 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Molon:
Originally Posted By Jitterbug:
Quick question Josh, which barrel do you have on your BCM?

BFH 16" mid-length with a Noveske switch block for a gas block, a Blackout flash suppressor and SWS free float rail.

Maybe I missed it, but are the groups pictured fired with  or without the suppressor?

Molon sorry I didn't see this post earlier, didn't mean to leave a question un answered.

All shooting done with OUT the suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 4:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ellery_Holt] [#4]

oops.  wrong thread.

Link Posted: 5/8/2011 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Brahmzy:
Originally Posted By vicious_cb:
Anyone get a chance to try some of the new "blue box" stuff? Is it as good as the old green box?

https://www.aimsurplus.com/EOS/images/product/ap223hp75.jpg

I wish Molon do do a test with some brand new stock of the blue-box stuff.  I swear I get pretty drastic results from different lots of the blue stuff and the green stuff.  Same day, same range, same gun.  Not a lot of consistency there.  Unlike a FGGM SMK, where I get pretty darn consistent results.

Any more updates with the newer ammo? Keeping this thread alive until I get a chance to hit the 200 yd range. At 100 yds I was getting decent groupings using an Eotech off of a rest.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to know how the stuff in the newer box shoots as well...
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish I had gotten more of this stuff in 2007 when it was going for $330 at the local gun show.

I have some from 2009 also but don't have a chrono.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:01:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eastwood123] [#8]
Yes, like a few previous replies, I would like to keep this thread alive for a while to get some more updated reviews, especially at distance over 100.

How about this...
75gr Privi @ 700 yards!
Not shooting for groups, but hitting pistol targets!
I think this is the older privi?

Anyone seen this video yet?
Mentions he is getting pretty good results out to 400 with it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Eastwood123:
Yes, like a few previous replies, I would like to keep this thread alive for a while to get some more updated reviews, especially at distance over 100.

How about this...
75gr Privi @ 700 yards!

He did pretty damn good at 700 yards!
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
i shoot the 2009 lot 75gr prvi at 400 yds with an 18"WOA barrel and i am able to keep all rounds on a 10 inch steel disk.  i know thats nothing special and i'm no sniper. just a shooter. i will say most of those rounds are near center with occaional fliers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#11]

How about this...

75gr Privi @ 700 yards!

If your looking to get updates from Molon forget it, the trolls chased him off the site and he went over to the other site.

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By iNeXile556:

How about this...
75gr Privi @ 700 yards!

If your looking to get updates from Molon forget it, the trolls chased him off the site and he went over to the other site.

What other site?
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#13]
M4Carbine.net would be my guess.
Link Posted: 2/19/2012 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#14]

M4Carbine.net would be my guess.

Yup

Link Posted: 4/18/2012 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll have to get you guys some pictures.  I've shot some of the new blue box stuff for groups.  +/- 1.6 MOA for me at 100.  I'm shooting a PSA 16" CHF FN barrel with a 2 stage RRA match trigger and a 1-4X Nikon M223 off a bi-pod and bench.

This was the second best ammo that I tested that day. I ran some Federal M855, AE XM193, Privi 62 grn FMJ, PMC bronze FMJ and BVAC HTM 55 grn SP.

The only thing that bested it was (gasp!!) the BVAC HTM ran right to 1.2 MOA.

My set-up is like Josh's.  2 MOA dot in the scope laid over 2" shoot and see targets.  It's not the most precise, but it's the only scope I'm running right now.  I'd like to try it out again with my Stainless 1-8  RRA, but it's set-up with irons for now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Can you please repost the pics?

Interested in accuracy out of a 1/8 Larue upper.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 3:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1saxman] [#17]
Molon; thanks very much for this great report. I made a 16" AR with 1:7 barrel specifically to use the 75/77gr loads, and PRVI is what I bought. This is a CMMG complete upper, 16" mid-length gas with AR FH, 'medium-contour' barrel (HBAR with slightly smaller dia. than full HBAR under the hand guard). I have a 4X ACOG on it. I was very satisfied with the set-up and the 75gr. It also shoots 62gr handloads just as well. I put an ALG-ACT trigger in it that helped a lot. Nothing special, just a 16" full-stock (M16A1) middy that I call my 'mini-rifle'.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Sad about Molon leaving , I enjoyed his post.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#19]
sir.....you are awesome, thank you
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

View Quote

What happened?
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 1saxman:

What happened?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

What happened?

Nothing really insidious, he was just tired of the immaturity of the tech forums.
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Nobody test the privi in a 1 in 9 barrel ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Your posts never fail to impress.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:01:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 13starsinax:

Your posts never fail to impress.

View Quote

Muchas gracias.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:10:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Molon] [#25]
Originally Posted By terrafirma:

Nice touch with pics of actual cadaver thorax.  

View Quote

I borrowed that image from "The Visible Human Project" from the National Library of Medicine.  There are tons of great images from that project.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 5:10:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Last range trip I tried some IMI 5.56 77gr 'Razor Core' that did shoot better than the 75 gr PPU but they both are excellent ammo for the 1:7.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 9:25:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: quake] [#27]
Love Molon's work, and glad to see terminal-performance results with this load. I bought a K of this load a couple years ago and my guns liked it (especially one 20" 1:8 twist gun), but other than function & accuracy, I had no performance data on it. Can't believe I hadn't seen this thread before.

Only problem I've had with this load is fit issues in my L5AWM magazines. With every other load I use, the Lancers are great; and with any other magazine I've tried them in, the PPU 75's work fine. But the PPU 75's in the Lancers drag in the magazines; at least in mine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 5:17:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Molon] [#28]

Last range trip I tried some IMI 5.56 77gr 'Razor Core' that did shoot better than the 75 gr PPU but they both are excellent ammo for the 1:7.

View Quote

As one would expect, since the Razor Core is loaded with the 77 grain Sierra MatchKing.  It's really quite remarkable that the inexpensive PPU shot as well as it did.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank Molon for this thread. Because of what I read last year I have around 30 boxes of this to use as SD rounds when I run out of TAP and Black Hills.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By zoe17:

Thank Molon for this thread. Because of what I read last year I have around 30 boxes of this to use as SD rounds when I run out of TAP and Black Hills.

View Quote

Da nada.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: B556] [#31]
Great info, glad this thread popped back up. For the money... I find prvi 75gr hard to beat!

ETA: I find the 69gr to be great ammo also. All my barrels are 1:7
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#32]

As one would expect, since the Razor Core is loaded with the 77 grain Sierra MatchKing.  It's really quite remarkable that the inexpensive PPU shot as well as it did.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

PRVI is generally good, dependable ammo. They have a round-nose soft point 123 gr. 7.62X39 for example that is an interesting load for home defense. It functioned fine in my AMD65 and shot to pretty much the same point at 50 yds.
They now have a 69 gr load to go with the 75 gr, and I have stocked up on the 62 gr 'M855' for my 1:9 carbine.
I guess I'm using quite a selection of their ammo at this time as I also have their 180 gr HP for my .40 S&W Kel Tec carbine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 12:34:18 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm glad this thread was resurrected. When I bought my first AR in '11 I bought many, many different brands and weights of ammo to try for accuracy. Usually 100 rounds of each. I know I have 4 or 5 boxes of PPU 75 gr match somewhere in the stash but I don't believe I ever fired any of it.

I'll have to find it and try it in both 1:9 and 1:7 barrels.

I do recall that my first carbine with the 1:9 didn't care for PPU 69 gr match. It loves PPU M193 though. Go figure.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By leatherface_y2k:

I do recall that my first carbine with the 1:9 didn't care for PPU 69 gr match.

View Quote

I didn't have great results with the PPU 69 grain Match load either.

Prvi Partizan 69 grain Match

The advertised velocity of Prvi Partizan’s 69 grain OTM load is 2855 FPS. The muzzle velocity of this load from the 20” Colt barrel was 2755 fps with a standard deviation of 14 FPS.

The 69 grain Prvi bullet is slightly longer than a 69 grain Sierra MatchKing; 0.930” versus 0.890”.

A 10-shot group fired from a distance of 100 yards from a semi-automatic AR-15 with a Krieger barrel that has a .223 Remington chamber and 1:9” twist had an extreme spread of 2.26”.

Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:14:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mjohn3006] [#35]
Very cool report. I love the stuff. Shoots great in my 16” RECCE rifle. I was banging steel at 320 yards with it the other day.

Lilja barrel.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mjohn3006:
Very cool report. I love the stuff. Shoots great in my 16” RECCE rifle. I was banging steel at 320 yards with it the other day.

Lilja barrel.
View Quote
Nice resurrection.

I have a friend who uses this stuff for 3gun since it works well and cuts down on his reloading time.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:49:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Was the ballistics performance good or bad?  Can't tell now that the photos are dead :(
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Trash_Panda:
Was the ballistics performance good or bad?  Can't tell now that the photos are dead :(
View Quote
On paper, or through gel?
bluefalcon did a gel test here.

I still have a little of this left and, while not nearly as accurate as the CBC 77gr OTM, it is accurate enough for what I call "repel boarders" distance, so a few mags sit around with it. The gel performance is noteworthy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Not sure what is being talked about here the 77 or the 69 PPU-

But my 20" 1x9 shoots the 69 PPU match ammo great, but not the 77gr, don't know about the gel test, it's around too somewhere on U tube.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dennyd:
Not sure what is being talked about here the 77 or the 69 PPU-
View Quote
Neither. I don't know about others but I was speaking to the 75 gr HPBT match mentioned in the thread title.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top