Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2010 11:35:25 AM EDT
Hello, I got some rounds , headstamp "IK 03 5,56x45" with green tip.  It seems to be M885?!  Did Igman produce this ammo for the us military?  . THX
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Its Bosnian and made for nato forces

Oh yeah it is M855 all right, good to go! I'd rather have that than the current Lake City stuff. It compares to IMI
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. But if it´s used by nato members, why is there no!! nato circle headstamp . I´ve read that nato members only use rounds with nato circle .  
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope you have better luck withit than I have. I have some with the same headstamp and it is underpowered to say the least. It makes both of my AR's single shots!
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I want to say this was the underpowered stuff that the Brits were using for the L85-1s. I read some reports about Igman, but I cannot remember specifics except that I have a negative feeling about it. If you were really curious, perhaps you should page Dr. Zukov.
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#6]
My error, it wasn't nato.

Also, I have xm193 with a nato stamp, does that make it a nato round? lol
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi Ar-Bandit,
it´s really very difficult wth those so called nato rounds. Federal AE for example - they sell boxes 223 REM, 55 gr. and theese rounds are stamped " L C 0 7 plus nato cross " ?! Normally this would be  a nato-spec round , made by Lake City, 2007 and produced under nato spec. - but this is wrong. These rounds were stamped by Fed only because of saving money. Even the brass is commercial stuff.  The last days I spend a lot of time getting some infos about this Igman rounds. Now I found out that this ammo was offical issued to the US Army in the year 2003- 2004 , times were Lake City was unable to produce enough ammo. They never had a nato-cross  - but they are mil-spec and military proved. Sometimes it´s really crazy.....
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top