Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio_OJ] [#1]
Edit: double again
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks picked up another K
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow. What a great deal. Could that just be a typo and the orders will get cancelled like with CTD order from a few weeks ago ? I ordered 3 cans... I guess we will find out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rutgers:
Wow. What a great deal. Could that just be a typo and the orders will get cancelled like with CTD order from a few weeks ago ? I ordered 3 cans... I guess we will find out.
View Quote
I got my two cans of ggg ss109 from CTD for $250 shipped.  There was no typo, a lot of people were just late to the party.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Honda4828:

I got my two cans of ggg ss109 from CTD for $250 shipped.  There was no typo, a lot of people were just late to the party.
View Quote
Agreed, I got my CTD order shipped also
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Save $80 w/Code NRAAMMO2017: Final Price $159.99. $80 from the original $239.99 is $159.99. I hope they honor it for those of you who are trying, but I can't see them allowing it for as many orders are they will probably get.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea, worth a shot though

Originally Posted By KnifeCollector:
Save $80 w/Code NRAAMMO2017: Final Price $159.99. $80 from the original $239.99 is $159.99. I hope they honor it for those of you who are trying, but I can't see them allowing it for as many orders are they will probably get.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
It's now showing OOS, but I did get in an order of 6 cans. I got an automated email saying it was confirmed and will ship out tomorrow. So maybe it is legit ? The email says the ammo will arrive on Thursday :) Thanks for the heads up about this !
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BigMan74:
Have at it folks

19cpr for either AE 223 or 5.56
View Quote
What's a "qualifying item"? Says add one more qualifying item for additional discounts. It's not extra cans. Still says the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#10]
The 5.56 is OOS but it appears the .223 is still available, as of this typing...
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:18:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#11]
It's now showing OOS, but I did get in an order of 6 cans. I got an automated email saying it was confirmed and will ship out tomorrow. So maybe it is legit ? The email says the ammo will arrive on Thursday :) Thanks for the heads up about this !
View Quote
I don't even shoot m193, but for $103 shipped for a 500rd can of federal, why not. Bought one can and got confirmation email. Went back to Deal and OOS on the m193.

On a side note. Notice how the FN m855 was selling so fast and was a hot deal for a second. Now they are siting on 1k+cases at $299 and not selling.  I believe In the next two years ammo is going to be at levels we havent  seen in 30 years.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By phdog:

What's a "qualifying item"? Says add one more qualifying item for additional discounts. It's not extra cans. Still says the same thing.
View Quote
I wasn't sure, but I was afraid to spend anytime trying to figure that out and have the ammo go OOS.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KnifeCollector:
I think the final price was suppose to be $159.99. I think someone screwed up. May or may not be honored.
View Quote
Wont add to cart anymore.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#14]
looks like this was all over the internet for a few days maybe ?

I am seeing some people said they picked it up and others have tracking numbers for shipments.
We will see.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got a cancelation email from Midway.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Me too, oh well

Originally Posted By brakeman123:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By brakeman123:
View Quote
Me too. Lame. So what about all those people claiming their orders shipped? If true, how can they honor some but not others.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Got a cancellation notice also. Good luck selling at $159 is all I can say :)
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't even shoot m193, but for $103 shipped for a 500rd can of federal, why not. Bought one can and got confirmation email. Went back to Deal and OOS on the m193.

On a side note. Notice how the FN m855 was selling so fast and was a hot deal for a second. Now they are siting on 1k+cases at $299 and not selling.  I believe In the next two years ammo is going to be at levels we havent  seen in 30 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Cheap ammo means its time to stockpile massive amounts of it, plus I prefer m193 over m855 for plinking
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By phdog:

Me too. Lame. So what about all those people claiming their orders shipped? If true, how can they honor some but not others.
View Quote
Mine "shipped", but that's just an automated email letting you know that the shipping label was created. It never left the warehouse. then I got the cancellation email, then the refund email. I'm sure this is what happened to everyone.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:13:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#21]
Got a cancellation notice also. Good luck selling at $159 is all I can say :)
View Quote
No doubt, a 50% price increase, for a final price higher than other better quality ammo in can's.  It's not a bad price, but hardly a steal.  I consider the Federal ammo inferior to Wolf Gold, and of late, FAR inferior.  At things like indoor carbine matches, I'm witnessing a lot of completely random firing behavior with the Federal stuff these days.  Bam bam BOOOM bam BAM.  

It's ridiculous.

For $104/500 for LC brass, still worth it for blasting ammo and for the brass.  But $160/500 (preshipping)?  No thanks, you can keep it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

No doubt, a 50% price increase, for a final price higher than other better quality ammo in can's.  It's not a bad price, but hardly a steal.  I consider the Federal ammo inferior to Wolf Gold, and of late, FAR inferior.  At things like indoor carbine matches, I'm witnessing a lot of completely random firing behavior with the Federal stuff these days.  Bam bam BOOOM bam BAM.  

It's ridiculous.

For $104/500 for LC brass, still worth it for blasting ammo and for the brass.  But $160/500 (preshipping)?  No thanks, you can keep it.
View Quote
THIS

While maybe not crap ammo, I wouldn't buy this stuff unless it was a good price. No way would I pay $160/500.

Not only is the deal no longer really any sort of deal, the way the whole thing was handled was just poor. First, it was advertised as a one time special offer with a little blurb with special pricing. The "sale" price certainly isn't any special but with the promo code it was. Then, instead of honoring the deal they cancel all orders claiming an error even though some managed to pick up in person and looks like some orders may have shipped as well. Maybe it was an error, but many states actually have laws requiring companies to honor advertised prices or face fines. Wonder if anyone will pursue this.

They are getting a lot of flack for this and I think it could have been better handled. Why not just honor 2 cans for everyone who ordered during the promo. Would have maintained goodwill with customers and the loss to the company would have been but a blip on their annual profits (and likely a tax write off too).
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Yep, it's on Midway for not catching their error sooner. All over the net, they couldn't have missed the flood of orders coming in. I think one can at the price of $100 would be fair for each order placed. I have to say CTD has been better than Midway on their recent ammo deal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BigMan74:
Have at it folks

19cpr for either AE 223 or 5.56
View Quote
I'm sure it's unrelated but the same card I used to order this was just compromised.  $400 spent at Guitar Center and $500 at Nordstrom.  My bank cancelled the card and is overnighting me a new one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone seen any good deals on IMI m193 lately?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
Anyone seen any good deals on IMI m193 lately?
View Quote

SGAmmo - http://www.sgammo.com/site_search?populate=IMI+M193
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By majorcollins:

I'm sure it's unrelated but the same card I used to order this was just compromised.  $400 spent at Guitar Center and $500 at Nordstrom.  My bank cancelled the card and is overnighting me a new one.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. Just checked, so far I'm good.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Any good pricing on 5.56 Mk318 or Mk262 yet?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:41:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#29]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
Any good pricing on 5.56 Mk318 or Mk262 yet?
View Quote
I just ordered a case of magtech CBC 77gr 5.56 from the place that starts with a B for $600 shipped. Not the best deal but the only place I can find it in stock. The least I've ever paid for a case was $560 shipped IIRC. This is both of my rifles favorite mk262 type load.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Coupon codes below to get some cheap Wolf Gold.  If you're new there, you get $30 off, and with $20 shipping that's still just $282 shipped for 1,000 rds for non-members. If you're not new, you still get free shipping.

Link: Wolf Gold 55gr at Sportsmansguide

Online Only, Do Not Call, one coupon per order - Coupon "TAKEOFF20%" for 20% off for new customers ($30 max. discount) or Coupon "CPNSHIP117" for Free S/H over $49 (excl. firearms) or Coupon "SH1193" for Free S/H No Minimum - buyers club (excl. firearms).
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#31]
FYI, Ya'll check your CC's from the MidwayUSA deal from Sunday. Cards have been charged and credits not showing.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By tacomabob:
FYI, Ya'll check your CC's from the MidwayUSA deal from Sunday. Cards have been charged and credits not showing.
View Quote
My refund actually just showed up this afternoon - 'bout time ...
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:11:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SOLID_arity] [#33]
Anyone have any prior experience with TargetSports USA? I ordered a case of WG from them very early Saturday 3/25. They created a shipping label on Monday 3/27... it's now Friday 3/31 and tracking still only shows as "label created." Expected delivery shows as Saturday 4/1, but that's probably based on label creation time.

Pretty annoyed as I have a range trip with some friends planned for this Sunday. Had I known it takes them a full business week just to get something to the carrier, I would have just spent the extra $9 and gone with SGammo. Those guys always get stuff shipped next day and have it to me within 3-4 days.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SOLID_arity:
Anyone have any prior experience with TargetSports USA? I ordered a case of WG from them very early Saturday 3/25. They created a shipping label on Monday 3/27... it's now Friday 3/31 and tracking still only shows as "label created." Expected delivery shows as Saturday 4/1, but that's probably based on label creation time.

Pretty annoyed as I have a range trip with some friends planned for this Sunday. Had I known it takes them a full business week just to get something to the carrier, I would have just spent the extra $9 and gone with SGammo. Those guys always get stuff shipped next day and have it to me within 3-4 days.
View Quote
That is longer than normal.  It's typically 3 days to ship.  That said, I do prefer SGAmmo, even if it's a few dollars more.  Sam is so transparent and has been good to all of us ARFcommers
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:52:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SOLID_arity] [#35]
Originally Posted By Linc5870:

That is longer than normal.  It's typically 3 days to ship.  That said, I do prefer SGAmmo, even if it's a few dollars more.  Sam is so transparent and has been good to all of us ARFcommers
View Quote
4pm on the Friday and I finally get a Fedex "in transit" notice. Won't be here until next Thursday. That level of delay just boggles my mind. Just checked and I actually ordered it at 1AM PDT Friday evening/Sat Morning. Were it SGAmmo, it would have gone out Saturday or very early Monday morning...

Nearly 13 days from order date to arrival? I've had stuff from China arrive faster.. don't see myself doing business with Targetsports again unless it's a smoking deal and it's not something I need immediately.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 8:25:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SOLID_arity:

4pm on the Friday and I finally get a Fedex "in transit" notice. Won't be here until next Thursday. That level of delay just boggles my mind. Just checked and I actually ordered it at 1AM PDT Friday evening/Sat Morning. Were it SGAmmo, it would have gone out Saturday or very early Monday morning...

Nearly 13 days from order date to arrival? I've had stuff from China arrive faster.. don't see myself doing business with Targetsports again unless it's a smoking deal and it's not something I need immediately.
View Quote
They are in Connecticut.  China is probably closer.  It all depends on how much you want to save money.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Midway has Blazer Brass 9mm on sale right now.  

Shipped to Ohio for $199/k
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:57:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DnTrdNMe] [#38]
Academy has some sales going on, they have free shipping over$25, and Winchester has a 25% rebate up to $50 back.  

No 9mm and no Ranger as part of the rebate, but I just picked up several hundred rounds of white box .40 for 21 cents a round delivered.  Haven't found that price in quite a while.

Winchester sale
Winchester rebate
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Need deals on some quality 5.56....

Anybody?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By bigshooter81:

Anybody?
View Quote
Self defense
target
long distance
etc?
?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Anybody?
View Quote
Me too...target and SD
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Shipping costs have been driving my ammo purchases.
Prices are low across the board it seems.

PSA free shipping deals are good.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Me too...target and SD
View All Quotes

Anybody?
Me too...target and SD
surplus 193 at sgammo 279+18 for shipping
Link
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

surplus 193 at sgammo 279+18 for shipping
Link
View Quote
Wow,thats a damn good deal.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

Self defense
target
long distance
etc?
?
View Quote
55 or 62 grain

Not garbage.

Brass cased.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I've seen it for $290 delivered.  I think you would find a buyer below $275.  Personally I wouldn't be in until $250/k.
View Quote
ive sold 4000 rounds recently at 30 and 32 cpr (pmc)
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:09:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ImFarmerTed] [#47]
PSA has the 64gr Gold Dot on sale $9.99/box and free shipping on 10 boxes.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/speer-223-remington-64gr-gold-dot-ammunition-20rds-24448.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:47:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KBullet] [#48]
Originally Posted By ImFarmerTed:
PSA has the 64gr Gold Dot on sale $9.99/box and free shipping on 10 boxes.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/speer-223-remington-64gr-gold-dot-ammunition-20rds-24448.html
View Quote
Dang it !!
Must.
Stop.
Buying.
If it just wasn't so well performing and all purpose.
Other than match accuracy at long ranges, is there an application where it doesn't work well?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By KBullet:

Dang it !!
Must.
Stop.
Buying.
Other than match accuracy at long ranges, is there an application where it doesn't work well?
View Quote
This is great SD ammo, right?  Anyone see this stuff going any lower in price now that ammo seems to be going down, or is this ammo kind of exempt front that?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#50]
This is great SD ammo, right?  Anyone see this stuff going any lower in price now that ammo seems to be going down, or is this ammo kind of exempt front that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KBullet:

Dang it !!
Must.
Stop.
Buying.
I've been buying 10 boxes a month for awhile.
Page / 94
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top