Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 94
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
Nosler Defense 308 Winchester 168 Grain Bonded Solid Base Ammunition.... $18.50 /  20rds

Great deal for a for a blind barrier .308 round..... this is perfect for Hog Hunting and "hardened" targets that need a bonded bullet.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosler-defense-308-winchester-168-grain-bonded-solid-base-ammunition-over-run-20ct.html
View Quote
Thank You
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheArcticWolf1911] [#2]
Rural King sells 5.56 NATO for 16.99 for a box of 50. Works out to be 0.3398 per shot. Which, surprisingly, is cheaper than the same quantity box of .223, which is priced at 2 bucks more. Brand is GECO. Never tried it before, so I bought 100 rounds to try. This is BRASS cased, btw, not steel. Best local price I was able to find for ammunition, period.

^ That is not a sale price, btw. All day, every day.

EDIT: Also like to throw in that they are not loosely packed. They're on plastic, ten round, stripper clips. The stripper clip did not fit into my GI surplus..... whatever the name is for the piece you slot on top of the mag and feed strippers into it. I'm sure the name will hit me eventually
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Roost426:
http://www.jgsales.com/-p-95134.html

Flash Sale! 5.56 GGG SS109 62gr FMJ ammo, 1000rds only $299.90.
View Quote

Now down to $259/K at CTD - with free shipping.

March Madness Ammo Blowout
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kevins_garage:

View Quote

That's a really good price.  The pic is 2015 production, which was very accurate as I remember.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:47:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#5]

View Quote

Never mind, got It. What a deal!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

EM5KTH1 takes off another $10 to make it $249
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By majorcollins:

View Quote

Thanks you just made me order another.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
So now CTD is okay when the price is convenient?

Not white knighting for CTD by the way, just making a point that this is just silly with the hate.

Federal American Eagle 9x19 115 grain $179 after two rebates and a free shirt.

https://www.slickguns.com/product/federal-american-eagle-9mm-luger-115-grain-1000-rounds-179-after-two-rebates-plus-free-shirt?view=list
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#9]
How are you getting free shipping?  Quoting me $26.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:37:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#10]
Originally Posted By Shiff:
How are you getting free shipping?  Quoting me $26.
View Quote

Go through all the steps. It will be free ship. It does lead you to believe there will be shipping charges, but there won't be.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By majorcollins:

View Quote
Nice

Got a case
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes!^^^^^  CTD are skanks.  Just ordered 2 cases.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

That is a great deal, too good to pass up.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#14]
$0.25 a round for quality SS109 ammo with a can, too good to pass on

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:19:32 AM EDT
[#15]
OK so I ordered 2 cases and got the order confirmation and now I just received an email for backorder cancelled, how many people got their orders cancelled?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:26:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Mustang-Man:
OK so I ordered 2 cases and got the order confirmation and now I just received an email for backorder cancelled, how many people got their orders cancelled?
View Quote

I didn't get around to ordering,,, this is how it always happens, I put it off and when I decide to do it, I'm to late.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:40:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I made my order shortly after 11:30pm eastern time and a couple minutes before my post I got the backorder info and the notice that they cancelled the order.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Haven't recieved a cancellation as of yet - ordered at 1733 on 6 May.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I made my order shortly after 11:30pm eastern time and a couple minutes before my post I got the backorder info and the notice that they cancelled the order.
View Quote

Ordered two at 1pm eastern time yesterday. No cancellation.... yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I placed an order for 1 case around 1030pm EST. So far, no cancellation or back order email.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:14:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jaqufrost] [#21]
View Quote
What time did you order? I have not received a cancellation notice for either of my orders.

ETA: just saw your order was 11:30 EST. My second order was about the same time. My order number was 16350328, what was yours?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I chatted ctd about my two ggg ss109 orders here is the response. Again I ordered both some time before 1pm est, yesterday.

" Both orders are being processed due to the high volume of orders. Once both orders hav shipped, you will receive your tracking information sent via email."
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
What time did you order? I have not received a cancellation notice for either of my orders.

ETA: just saw your order was 11:30 EST. My second order was about the same time. My order number was 16350328, what was yours?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My order number was 16350332 so looks like you ordered a couple minutes before me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#27]
FWIW I may have gotten in early enough.  They still have Winchester 5.56 for $299 listed as of now.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I just got a cancellation email from CTD. Order was placed at 1030 last night :(
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#29]
To be fair the CTD ammo deal was posted almost everywhere on this site, nothing new for canceling as other places have cancelled too when the deals are plastered everywhere and everyone and their 87 family members and friends are doing it too.

Next time, order it, wait for tracking that it was shipped or at least a shipping label was created and your account charged before you folks plaster it everywhere. I dunno though, I might be talking too much sense here and this is arf.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Well damn, my CTD order was cancelled also.

Which one do you guys think is better, Winchester or PMC X-Tac 5.56?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:03:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#31]
Originally Posted By mdrx:
Well damn, my CTD order was cancelled also.

Which one do you guys think is better, Winchester or PMC X-Tac 5.56?
View Quote
Winchester has better case volume for making good reloads but I have had meh groups from the factory and got better groups using the brass to make my own. PMC is good ammo but not as good as the Winchester brass for reloading.

Just my opinion from my own experiences.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GSL:
Winchester has better case volume for making good reloads but I have had meh groups from the factory and got better groups using the brass to make my own. PMC is good ammo but not as good as the Winchester brass for reloading.

Just my opinion from my own experiences.
View Quote

Go get the Fabrique Nationale SS109 from Ammunition Depot.  $300/case of 1000.  Link on pg 32.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#33]
To be fair the CTD ammo deal was posted almost everywhere on this site, nothing new for canceling as other places have cancelled too when the deals are plastered everywhere and everyone and their 87 family members and friends are doing it too.

Next time, order it, wait for tracking that it was shipped or at least a shipping label was created and your account charged before you folks plaster it everywhere. I dunno though, I might be talking too much sense here and this is arf.
View Quote

To be fair, CTD posted about the deal on the front page of their own website and in an e-mail blast.  I'm not sure it was a "secret".

Why does it matter who posts about a deal or where/when they post about it?  Are you trying to imply that CTD is canceling orders just because too many people posted about their sale?  

My guess is that CTD didn't know how much inventory they actually had at their drop ship warehouse and took too many orders, or there was so much interest that they decided to cancel some orders so they can restock the items in the next few days at a higher price (as someone already alluded to above about CTDs less than stellar business practices).
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Biggest beef I have is they already charged me so they have over $500 of mine that I have to wait for them to return now because they didn't have their shit together.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I ordered early yesterday morning and all
4 orders shipped.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:01:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#36]
Not my forte but Free shipping on 10 boxes

http://enews.palmettostatearmory.com/q/j-tdOISIXFOO4iY0uRnijXZgu6DQbJnKIajHQiDZJfUeeogb7O1-0GPYn4ZcOJZHN3ZWV0MjRAZC21haWwuY29tw4g

http://palmettostatearmory.com/speer-223-remington-64gr-gold-dot-ammunition-20rds-24448.html?trk_msg=MHM7MG3R2UHKDFO757O0RJKHB0&trk_contact=M2T4PCP7VN0VURH3DK1Q6QCKCG&trk_sid=8CU3R3CV038UD9JNDCTQVDKMIC&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=http%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2fspeer-223-remington-64gr-gold-dot-ammunition-20rds-24448.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deal+email&utm_content=5%3a00+email
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Palmetto State - Speer 45 Auto/ACP 230gr Gold Dot Ammunition 50rds - $19.99 w/ Free Shipping on 10+ boxes.  

http://palmettostatearmory.com/speer-45-auto-acp-230gr-gold-dot-ammunition-50rds-53966.html

40cpr for Gold Dot .45?  Yes please.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#38]
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:
Palmetto State - Speer 45 Auto/ACP 230gr Gold Dot Ammunition 50rds - $19.99 w/ Free Shipping on 10+ boxes.  

http://palmettostatearmory.com/speer-45-auto-acp-230gr-gold-dot-ammunition-50rds-53966.html

40cpr for Gold Dot .45?  Yes please.
View Quote

Damn!  I don't even use my .45 for defense.   But for that price - wow.  Can't buy FMJ for that - way too good to pass up.

While you're there, good price on AR Bolt Rebuild Kits
Picked up a couple of those too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:21:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WILSON] [#39]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By WILSON:
OOS
View Quote
No kidding
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

Damn!  I don't even use my .45 for defense.   But for that price - wow.  Can't buy FMJ for that - way too good to pass up.

While you're there, good price on AR Bolt Rebuild Kits
Picked up a couple of those too.
View Quote
I'm seeing way less than 19.99 for FMJ at SGAmmo.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Placed my order yesterday at 8:30am, just got my shipping notice. Must have lucked up and beat the rush. Wow, still cant believe the deal, .26 for primo SS109, I've never seen it that cheap.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:15:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#43]
Originally Posted By m4a1sof:
Placed my order yesterday at 8:30am, just got my shipping notice. Must have lucked up and beat the rush. Wow, still cant believe the deal, .26 for primo SS109, I've never seen it that cheap.
View Quote

.25 a rd with the $10 off coupon code ;).   Hopefully it's a sign on things to come.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Honda4828:

.25 a rd with the $10 off coupon code ;).   Hopefully it's a sign on things to come.
View All Quotes

That has got to be close to manufacturing costs and shipping costs.  European labor is not cheap.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By M60A3:

That has got to be close to manufacturing costs and shipping costs.  European labor is not cheap.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M60A3:

I believe Lithunian labor costs are among the lowest in the EU, so I would say there is likely plenty of money to be made at $0.25/rd...

Hopefully there is more of this to come and it sticks around awhile, rather than being one off sales here and there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#46]

I believe Lithunian labor costs are among the lowest in the EU, so I would say there is likely plenty of money to be made at $0.25/rd...

Hopefully there is more of this to come and it sticks around awhile, rather than being one off sales here and there.
View Quote
Lol.  .25/rd brass cased ammunition in an ammo can doesn't have much headroom.  The price won't be sticking around.  My estimate is that Cheaper Than Dirt lost money on this.  Probably broke pretty close to their purchase price but by the time it was shipped and paid employees they're back to zero or under.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Lol.  .25/rd brass cased ammunition in an ammo can doesn't have much headroom.  The price won't be sticking around.  My estimate is that Cheaper Than Dirt lost money on this.  Probably broke pretty close to their purchase price but by the time it was shipped and paid employees they're back to zero or under.
View All Quotes

I'm hearing rumors from some folks that CTD just canceled their orders.  So... no, no they didn't lose any money on the deal!  
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm hearing rumors from some folks that CTD just canceled their orders.  So... no, no they didn't lose any money on the deal!  
View Quote
My order shipped
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:39:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SideSalad] [#49]
My order shipped
View All Quotes

My order shipped

What order number(s) shipped?

My order # is 16348384 and status is still "ordered" (no tracking info available) as of this post.

@jaqufrost
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SideSalad:

What order number(s) shipped?

My order # is 16348384 and status is still "ordered" (no tracking info available) as of this post.

@jaqufrost
View Quote
My order that shipped is 16350328.  The earlier order hasn't shipped yet.  I'll have to go look up what that order number is.
Page / 94
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top