Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2008 9:25:50 PM EDT
ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php?pName=500rds-223-drs-55gr-fmj-ammo&cName=223-556-fmj-ammo

Price looks decent, but does anyone know anything about this stuff?

"This ammo is manufactured with once fired U.S. military brass. The brass will be Lake City (LC) or Winchester (WCC). It all comes off of military bases, so it is guaranteed to be once fired. It is processed and loaded by D.R.S. Manufacturing. They are a licensed and insured manufacturing company. They manufacture a full line of new and reloaded rifle and pistol ammo. This ammo is all loaded on fully automatic military loading machines. They use winchester primers, New winchester 55gr. FMJ bullets, and Hodgdon powder. This is some excellent ammunition, we have sold their ammo for over 7 years and have had no complaints. You will be amazed at how accurate and clean it is. It will come packed loose."
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering that myself.  My range does not allow FMJ, so I keep looking around for reasonably priced ammo that is dependable.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was wondering that myself.  My range does not allow FMJ, so I keep looking around for reasonably priced ammo that is dependable.

No FMJ???
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm semi-certain that DRS stands for Dallas Reloading Supply - if so it is great stuff.  Those guys are almost always at the gun shows in the DFW area and I've shot their stuff in a bunch of calibers.  I've probably got about 2000 rounds of DRS ammo in pistol and rifle calibers laying around.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm semi-certain that DRS stands for Dallas Reloading Supply - if so it is great stuff.  Those guys are almost always at the gun shows in the DFW area and I've shot their stuff in a bunch of calibers.  I've probably got about 2000 rounds of DRS ammo in pistol and rifle calibers laying around.

See if you can find out....I'm rather interested.  I'd like to pick up some brass stuff.  Doesn't have to be outstanding, but can't be garbage either.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
u can get new manufacture .223 from aim for the same price, its good stuff
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/US_.223_55grn_FMJ_Introductory_Offer_.html
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
i bought some of it awhile ago.  i ran into a few deformed cases.  for the most part it's pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

No FMJ???

Yeah, for some reason they don't allow FMJ at the outdoor range.  Based on my limited research on the subject these rounds should be just fine.  At the max range of 100Yrds, the rounds should fracture and not be a problem.  I have been meaning to ask the owner about his rule.  Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]
why buy reloaded ammo when u can get new manufacture ammo for the same price at ammotogo and aim?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Always looking for options....just seeing whats out there.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top