Link Posted: 11/14/2007 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2008 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2008 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Have run about 300 rds through my DPMS M4 w/o any failures. Accuracy is not great but, for mil. spec. ammo and a 1:9 twist bbl it does fine.
Link Posted: 3/9/2008 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased 1000 rds of XM855PD from Ammoman and have fired about 700 rds of it out of a 16 inch 5.56 barrel.  I did not have any problems with it.  It grouped 1.5 - 2 inches at 100 yards out of my Wilson Combat upper.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 5:40:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WinstonStix] [#6]
Wow xm 193 is seconds or sub par? some body should have told my weapon that because it runs 3/4 " groups at a 100 yards with that sub standard stuff.
seriosly I have ran  thousands of rounds of xm 193 and never had any problems at all, not one failure ever and it has been the most accurate out of the box round i have found . As far as the designations go it doesnt matter what string of characters come after the load designation those are simply packaging descriptions. XM 193bl is the same thing as XM 193j (just differant packaging) just as XM 855 is XM 855 there are no "grades " of either of these loads and Xm 855 is held to the same specifications as XM 193 with the differnce being the bullet type/weight and charge.  The xm 855 is a steel core penetrator that some ranges might not allow? As far as the XM designation it was explained to me that the M designated milll spec and the X designates over run intended for civilian/domestic sales. I recently purchased two 420 rnd cans at 149.99 each, I opened one for inspection and found a very well packed container that was in fact in a slight vacume and contained 10 round stripper clips times three per cardboard sleeve all excess space was taken up by styrofoam and they included a strip clip adapter. all rounds looked great and cases were properly annealed and sealed. The cans I bought did come with Lake City tamper proof tags. As far as the "NOT FOR DUTY USE" I believe this is simply because it is a steel core round and lacks the soft tissue damaging characteristics of "defensive" loads.  In short it will over penetrate in soft tissue.
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered some ... mark for results.
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Out of 1000 I have shot 820 through my LMT piston. No problems with the ammo not shooting properly. I have taken out 12 rounds due to dents and bad crimps, but thats it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 7:00:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroc123] [#9]
Gun: ar-15 PSA upper, spikes lower with PSA lower kit
rounds fired 300
Xm855

Out of the 300 - 14 ftf's on first trigger pull- 4 fired second trigger pull. 10 ftf's on 3 and 4th strike both on my at and a.friends police issue weapon.

All ejected fine, no stovepipes and mil-spec accuracy at 100 yards. Powder varied about 2 grains between rounds and bullets had a variance of .1 grains.
Primers on visual inspection,appeared fine. Sealant was evident on all pulled bullets and primers.

I bought this ammo to break in the barrel knowing it was xm so didn't expect stellar quality but the ftf rate was disappointing.
Hope this helps

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top