BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 57
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If I don't qualify as an ammo whore, I'm at least a lady in waiting.

Most of this obviously was acquired during the salad days of 2010-19.  We had it good back then.

I have probably 10-12k rounds each of 223/556 and 7.62x39 but I will never buy another round at current prices.  And I don't see them coming down. Once the ceiling which was held in place by the cheap steel case brands was broken, it was over.  So maybe what I've got in those calibers is it forever.  Ditto for 7.62x54r but I don't shoot that too often anyway.  

All I buy anymore is 9mm and 22lr.  Everything else is too expensive.  9 and 22 are also expensive relative to what they used to be, but I can still justify it.  I can't justify brass 223 at 55 when it used to be 30 or less.  It's kind of sad.  If you were around for the good old days, they were good.  

I don't reload buy I stocked up on components years ago when they were cheap.  Figured they'd be good for a rainy day.

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 9:37:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akethan] [#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 11:10:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pariahcarey:

Most of this obviously was acquired during the salad days of 2010-19.  We had it good back then.

I have probably 10-12k rounds each of 223/556 and 7.62x39 but I will never buy another round at current prices.  And I don't see them coming down. Once the ceiling which was held in place by the cheap steel case brands was broken, it was over.  So maybe what I've got in those calibers is it forever.  Ditto for 7.62x54r but I don't shoot that too often anyway.  

All I buy anymore is 9mm and 22lr.  Everything else is too expensive.  9 and 22 are also expensive relative to what they used to be, but I can still justify it.  I can't justify brass 223 at 55 when it used to be 30 or less.  It's kind of sad.  If you were around for the good old days, they were good.  

I don't reload buy I stocked up on components years ago when they were cheap.  Figured they'd be good for a rainy day.
View Quote

Nice stash….but your “organizing” triggers my OCD.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:13:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#4]
Originally Posted By M4Michael:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4Michael:
Originally Posted By pariahcarey:

Looks like a shit ton of work to get to anything specific.

Get some shelving OP. Save your back.

You'd be worlds ahead even setting up some cinderblocks and 2x4s.
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Originally Posted By kc7txm:
I always feel really bad when I brake an integer multiple of 1000 rounds in any specific caliber.  I usually order (much) more of that caliber to compensate (question number 3 violation).  I just inventoried every round a few weeks ago, I came up +2127 rounds, weeeeee !!!

I can offer you specific advice on this issue. Dump 1K into an ammo can and feed off of that. That way, there's no boxes around to let you know how far off you are from an integer number. You'll have X cases of 1000 each, and the ammo can of loose rounds to feed your range session.

Problem solved for me.

The only problem would be I would need to do an ammo inventory when I got home for that specific caliber (violating rule #4 - inventory rule).  I suppose I prefer to "know" how whorish I am over ignorance of the issue.  Just thinking about this is making me a bit worried now, I may need to order some more 5.56 NATO to compensate.
View Quote

Well, what i have been doing is whenever i buy say 500rds of one type, or 1k etc, ill buy a few extra boxes of each, and stash the 500 or 1k, then add the 3-4 or so extra boxes into what i call a shootable pile, ether for testing the ammo because its new to me, or just to stack up a shooting pile, and not dip into the stock pile stash. so generally especially since lately cases tend to not be that much cheaper then buying the boxes individually, if i get 25 boxes of one, ill bump it to 28, and do that every other week, and those 3 extra boxes eventually stack up. though ive started consider to get my minimums into batches of either 300, 600, or 1200 etc, every 300 is 10 mags worth because my magazine stash is rather poor and i am working on that as well, but ammo is what everyone tends to panic buy and not so much mags.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kc7txm:

Link Posted: 1/13/2024 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]

I myself dont reload, id love to learn how and i also am considering buying atleast primers and powder to have, even if its not the cheapest now, its still likely cheaper then it will be going forward. And i always see the argument of reloading versus buying the ammo is not much in the way of sensible, but i also look at it as reloading will be cheaper then buying ammo when ammo cant be bought at all, thus whatever the percieved cost of reloading would have been goes out the window. but i have to first learn the basics which i currently cant do as i live in an apartment for the next year until i move to Louisiana.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#7]
My dad I definitely qualify.

Between us

20k 5.56
12k 9mm
3k 300 BLK
9k 357
5k 45
4k 10mm
1k 6.5 Creedmoor

1k+ of other rounds, .40 S&W, 50 AE, 500 Magnum, TAP ammo, shotgun, 22, etc.

Lowest is 200 rounds of 338 Lapua.

Have a 50 BMG on the way, so will be adding that ammo soon.

We have about 300 PMAGS new in wrapper, it’s kinda ridiculous
Page / 57
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top