Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2005 1:55:12 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I could order some blank ammo? and the adapter for my izzy brake?

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Trust me, you don't want any blanks.
They are filthy and unreliable.
I hate shooting them in Uncle Sugar's toys and having to clean up the mess afterwards...
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sportsmans Guide - ".223 Blanks with 4th of July POW!"

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]
thank-you all. but i don't want those blank ammo mess up my ar.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
thank-you all. but i don't want those blank ammo mess up my ar.

They won't "mess it up" other than getting it dirty.  It's dirtier than shooting live ammo but it won't hurt your rifle.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#6]
You don't need a BFA, just stick a finger over the barrel opening!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
anyone ever attempt to handload blanks? I've looked all over for a star crimper but had no luck.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#9]
They always seem to have .223 blanks at the local gun shop here.  I'd buy some but they're too expensive ($12/50rds).  I don't have an adapter either.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You don't need a BFA, just stick a finger over the barrel opening!

Here is a better idea - take you AR15 to a welder and have him chop off the end and weld a plate over the opening...

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:29:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I need some blank ammo too for my training since my unit can never get enough (5 day field exercise = 13 rounds)
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#13]
You dont need a blank adapter for blanks to work, the military only uses them cause blanks are still dangerous at 20'. I have seen blanks fired without an adapter so I know this to be true
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#15]
From svtfast

You dont need a blank adapter for blanks to work, the military only uses them cause blanks are still dangerous at 20'. I have seen blanks fired without an adapter so I know this to be true

That statment is true only if your not interested in the action cycling. firing a blank thru a weapon like an AR will not cycle the action without a BFA. if you want to charge the weapon each time you fire then you have no problem. The primary purpose is to vent the correct amount of gas thru the gas tube to cycle the action if semi/burst/auto mod.
That is why their are two diffferent types of BFA's for the full size M16 series rifles and the M4 carbine series .

The M15A2 is red and the M-23 is yellow. each one designed to vent tthe correct amount of gas thru each weapon so as to cycle correctly with M200 GI issue Blank ammo

The real reason for owning Blanks is that they provide excellent practice for Malfunction clearing drills. load one randomly in a magazine and when you out training you get a round that does not cycle the action and causes you to apply Immediate action to get your weapon back in firing mode. but if your bunp firing then you probably are not that interested in IAD's and are shooting for fun.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top