Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2017 11:29:47 PM EDT
i'm just about building my 9mm AR pistol.  i have an NFA upper and lower, Spinta blem bolt, pistol tube with a 4.5" CMMG barrel and a Octane 9 can.  i will shoot suppressed 100% and use subsonic rounds about 95% of the time.  should i use a 10oz buffer or 7.5oz or something in the middle?  i've been eyeing the Kaw Valley/NFA and Spikes buffers that AIM Surplus sells.  would my short barrel shooting subsonic rounds benefit from a heavier or lighter buffer?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Spikes ST-9X and standard carbine buffer spring.

It works perfect with 4.5" suppressed and unsuppressed.

The listed weight on it seems to vary depending on the resellers which is weird, but most put it around 7.7-8.5oz.  I've never weighed it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top