Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2017 8:28:06 PM EDT
My 15-22 has probably been sitting in the safe for the better part of 2 or 3 years. It wasn't because of the .22 ammo shortage, I had plenty on hand, but more so because it had just lost any kind of fun or excitement it once had. My boys have grown older and always want to take one of the ARs... they had simply out grown the .22. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I couldn't just leave it there. Selling it wasn't an option as I think everyone needs a couple .22's on hand.

So I decided to freshen it up a bit. Nothing extravagant and with the ridiculous sales taking place felt it was time. PA had some rails on sale for cheap so I picked one up for a pistol build and one for the 15-22. It's a Radical 15" rail and I think it was around $69. Then off to Tacticool 22 for the conversion nut.

I put it together today, showed my boys (10 and 15 years old) and they thought it was awesome. It's far from perfect and the cheap rail didn't leave much for adjustment as it screws into the nut vs. slide on like a Troy or Samson but it doesn't bother me enough to think twice about it. Now, my shooting partners want to take it to the range again. Mission accomplished.

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't beat a 22 AR for fun , The 2 I have are the ones that get the most use of any of my AR's . They are my go to Yard guns. My wife calls them the Squirrellinators.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks op. One of these days I'll get one
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one for my wife as a Mother's Day present.
Dyed the FDE furniture purple, put a tru glo RDS on it and she loves it!!

Everybody that shoots it loves it actually.

Approx 300 rounds of CCI tactical 22lr thru it without a hiccup.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
You cannot beat a M&P 15-22 for just plain fun. Super reliable gun. It's my squirrel-getter too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The 15-22 is just plain fun. I also use it when I just want to get back to the fundamentals of shooting.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top