Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2017 3:42:36 AM EDT
I see videos where someone removes the retaining pin(on my style bolt) and the firing pin drops right out, just like a standard AR-15 bolt.

However, mine is still somewhat contained in the firing pin channel when the rear of the firing pin bottoms out on the weight/rear of the bolt.

In such an instance, I assume I need to remove the weight? That sucks.

Thanks for any input.

Spinta bolt:
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Spinta bolt, and I was able to remove the firing pin without removing the weight.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Spinta bolt, and I was able to remove the firing pin without removing the weight.
View Quote
Yea, I read of one instance where someone had this style of bolt and they weren't able to back the firing pin out, and chalked it up to a potentially out of spec weight in the back of the bolt. The gun runs like a top, but I'd certainly like to be able to remove the firing pin without disassembling the bolt with a punch. Everyone else with a bolt like this seem to be able to do this simple step without removing anything but the firing pin retaining pin.

I'll reach out to Spinta tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I had good luck with their customer service the one time I needed it.  Hopefully they'll have a solution.  Please post an update once you get it resolved.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had good luck with their customer service the one time I needed it.  Hopefully they'll have a solution.  Please post an update once you get it resolved.
View Quote
Same, experienced great customer service with them in the past. Communicating with them now about this, I'll report back, but I know if there's an issue they'll take care of it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Spinta replaced my bolt, and the new one fixes the issue. Spinta stands behind their stuff!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to check out my blem that arrived just today.

eta: Nope, I'm good. In fact, the FP shot out the back when I pulled the pin.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top