Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2017 11:02:22 PM EDT
Just made the plunge into the world of PCCs and I'm starting with a .45 by Rudy of Macon Armory.

I don't do factory ammo. So I'm wondering if anyone reloads for their .45 PCC. If so, what PF are you running and OAL?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just made the plunge into the world of PCCs and I'm starting with a .45 by Rudy of Macon Armory.

I don't do factory ammo. So I'm wondering if anyone reloads for their .45 PCC. If so, what PF are you running and OAL?
View Quote

I do and have been for several years.  I hardly ever shoot a jacketed bullet in mine, it seems to love 5.0 grains of Bullseye with a 230 grain Lead round nose hard cast,  at 25 yards the thing will just about shoot in the same hole.  I really love mine, it is a Green Swamp Tactical Glock lower with an Olympic Arms upper with a 6.5" barrel.  It also suppresses well.  I honestly haven't found a load that doesn't shoot extremely well in the gun, but seems to prefer the 230s over anything else.  Good luck with you new setup.  Sure seems like Rudy is a very talented fabricator.  Bet yours will surprise you in the accuracy department and its functioning ability as well.  Good luck!!  Still trying to figure out the PF abbreviation and load my 230 grainers out as long as the bullet will allow.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#2]
PF = Power Factor

FPS x bullet weight then divide by 1000.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]
195 power factor.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top