Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2017 12:13:47 AM EDT
This one

Has anyone used this and could comment on how well it works?  I know, I know, get a dedicated lower.  There's a method to my madness here, I'm looking at registering an SBR.  If I do that on a standard lower, I can temporarily swap uppers for variety.  Plus I've already got a lower.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Worked great, had a drop in on a sbr lower, same as you
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the bottom load with button head retaining cap screw from Macon Armory, which I believe is from the same production shop, in my SBR and it works great... I do shoot my dedicated Glock lower PCC for more matches..
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#3]
JMO - I'm not saying this to be a dick or get anyone all butthurt or their panties in a bunch, but I didn't find the machining/finishing to be all that spectacular.  The few samples I saw were quite rough with lots of machining marks.  The two halves were also not quite machined the same so they did not fit together perfectly.  The first one I received was also not square and the thin sides were wavy - it would not fit in multiple lowers without significant force.  The replacement was better, but still a tight fit in several lowers.

With that said, once installed, the machining marks and poor finish are not visible and the block seems to work well at it's price point.  I have enough AR9's for now and if I decide to build another, I'll go with another Hahn blocks even though they are more expensive.  My comments are based on a KAK top loader that I received before they switched to selling the bottom loader that Rudy designed, but from what I've seen of other reviews/pictures, it looks like the quality of both varieties is about the same (hit or miss).

Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had mine (bottom load) for a couple of weeks. Works great so far.

PSA mags feed fine and drop free

C-products mags feed fine and don't drop free.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had one, bottom install, about a month now.
First 200 rounds ran 100%.
Aero gen2 lower with PSA complete upper, Metalform mags marked Brownells, Colt, PSA and Metalform.

The two halves of the mag block did have some mismatch and machine marks on the outside in areas that are hidden in use.
The fit into the lower and the fit of  the mags once installed  is like the block was made just for this set up.

So far very pleased, but about 19,800 more rounds are needed just to be sure.  

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top