Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/14/2017 1:10:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, but 32 rds in the original factory mag is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:28:31 AM EDT
[#2]
$40 for 10 more rounds....or 3 more 32-round Metalform magazines when PSA runs their sales?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot USPSA PCC with an AR9 Glock lower...for casual range shooting you don't need to reload under time... for USPSA you do... the 41+ round magazine eliminates a reload  if you face a 32 round stage, where you may take extra shots... for mandatory reloads, I use a short pistol mag....not everyone has the same use for their AR9s
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#4]
For years people have been grafting sticking mags together to make larger capacities.  For the cost of these extensions, you could buy PSA metalforms, cut some roughly in half, and weld those sections onto the bottom of a full mag to create a 45-50 round mag.

If you need to make an extended spring, just use a wire butt/crimp connector to attach the ends.

The other option is to just make a simple clamp that allows you to secure two mags together at the bottoms which would allow you to connect a 32 and a 10 or a 32 and a 20 or a 2-20's or whatever you need.  It's a pretty simple design that could probably be made of delrin/similar and should be far cheaper than the TF extensions.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/07/16/maghack-high-cap-magazine-adapter/

There's a lot of folks around here with skills/equipment that like to tinker/make stuff.  I'm surprised none of them have already done something like this.  It seems like a simple spare time project that could make someone a little extra money.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
TF
View Quote

Medicfrost thread ??

IMHO....when a mag extension costs 3 times more than the mag....I'll wait.

Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shoot USPSA PCC with an AR9 Glock lower...for casual range shooting you don't need to reload under time... for USPSA you do... the 41+ round magazine eliminates a reload  if you face a 32 round stage, where you may take extra shots... for mandatory reloads, I use a short pistol mag....not everyone has the same use for their AR9s
View Quote
What he said.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
What he said.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, I bit the bullet and ordered 2 of the +10 Extensions for my Metalform (Colt) mags.  Popped them on and put in one of their springs also.  Very nice quality...BUT I can't get any more than 36 in the mags.  It just bottoms out there...Rechecked the spring to make sure it's in the extension....tried the follower and it falls into the extension so it's not tight.  Tried it with the orginial springs...same problem.  I do have a call into Taylor, but anyone have any ideas?  Both mags are the same....just simply stops at 34-36 rounds.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:32:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay...finally got them to go to 40 rounds.  I tighten the rear screw too much and caused the mag to jam up at 36 rounds.  Can't get 42 rounds in, but I'm very happy with getting 40.  Took it to my range(it's in my backyard) and didn't have a bit of trouble with either one of them.  Only problem was that it's still too much fun to shoot a AR9 and it's hard to stop.  Thanks Taylor Freelance for a great product!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought 2 of them as well and get 42 rounds in both mags with no issues. Have cycled through quite a bit of ammo and so far they are 100% reliable. I am using the Metalform mags from PSA.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top