Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2017 7:14:22 PM EDT
I'm starting my first 9mm build and have been researching here and finding out what parts I would like to use in this build.  I have heard a couple guys having to mill out certain handguards with the side charging upper.  Just wondering  for you out there with a NFA side charging upper what handguards work without having to mill anything.  Right now I'm leaning towards the BCM KMR Alpha or the Midwest Industries G3.  Also I would like to use the JP Captured spring buffer with a Spinta bolt, is this a reliable combo? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm starting my first 9mm build and have been researching here and finding out what parts I would like to use in this build.  I have heard a couple guys having to mill out certain handguards with the side charging upper.  Just wondering  for you out there with a NFA side charging upper what handguards work without having to mill anything.  Right now I'm leaning towards the BCM KMR Alpha or the Midwest Industries G3.  Also I would like to use the JP Captured spring buffer with a Spinta bolt, is this a reliable combo? Thanks.
View Quote

holy cow!  join in 2011 and NOW you post!?!  thats pretty impressive.

but yes, we need some details!
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking on going with a 16" barrel for now with a 15" handguard,  later on I would love to get a integrally supressed 16" barrel for it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Well....if you use a larger OD handguard, it may interfere and need some subtle relief work. (like Aero enhanced/quantum)

If you use a smaller OD handguard, you won't have the fitment issue, but it may not clear the can's OD.

So you'll have to do some research on the ones you like/ think may work, and their dimensions.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top