Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/20/2017 8:18:32 AM EDT
Hey all,
just bought a psa complete ar9 pistol upper w/ 4'' barrel and a stripped billet glock lower with mag catch. I wanted to go with the shockwave blade and tube lower pistol parts kit psa has but they are out of stock.  I know this lower will take any standard ar15 lower parts kit. Does anyone know of a vendor who sells the same type of set up? Ideally one for a 9mm ar pistol if such a thing exists. I know from my research that I will not know what buffer/ spring will work on my particular build until I try it but want to try to avoid buying a bunch of  different buffers & springs. what worked for everybody here?

On another note, before adding a different buffer ( if necessary ) is adding 7 quarters a good fix to try before a heaver buffer? I just want to be prepared for any problems at the range before buying more parts.  Sorry if these questions have been asked before but this is my first toe in the AR9 pool and there is a crap-ton on info to take in.

thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the PSA Shockwave build kit is probably the cheapest way to get all the required parts, it was in stock when I bought mine. Your alternatives are to start shopping, there are many online companies offering lower build kits minus the the buffer tube, buffer & spring. I found the Shockwave kit cheaper on other sites than direct from the manufacturer. The buffer is a whole different matter of trial & error. The standard carbine buffer & spring did not work in my PSA pistol build as I documented in an earlier post. I just bit the bullet so to speak & ordered the heavier buffer & spring instead of messing around with the stacked quarters fix.

Let your fingers do the walking & start shopping or..... wait for a PSA restock.

Good luck, regards, Bob
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#2]
A normal carbine spring and the KAK extended 9mm buffer work great with my PSA upper.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Joe Bobs / NFA is super great.
Quality and features for a swell low price
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey all,
just bought a psa complete ar9 pistol upper w/ 4'' barrel and a stripped billet glock lower with mag catch. I wanted to go with the shockwave blade and tube lower pistol parts kit psa has but they are out of stock.  I know this lower will take any standard ar15 lower parts kit. Does anyone know of a vendor who sells the same type of set up? Ideally one for a 9mm ar pistol if such a thing exists. I know from my research that I will not know what buffer/ spring will work on my particular build until I try it but want to try to avoid buying a bunch of  different buffers & springs. what worked for everybody here?

On another note, before adding a different buffer ( if necessary ) is adding 7 quarters a good fix to try before a heaver buffer? I just want to be prepared for any problems at the range before buying more parts.  Sorry if these questions have been asked before but this is my first toe in the AR9 pool and there is a crap-ton on info to take in.

thanks
View Quote

Well...you could read a few of the PSA build and the buffer threads that currently exist in the first few pages of the section.
You'd have your answers without waiting for others to post the answers. It's the fastest and best way to learn.

Link Posted: 5/20/2017 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I've done this but most have a set up different than mine. The first poster has a similar set up but not the same. Thanks for your post though, it was really helpfull

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well...you could read a few of the PSA build and the buffer threads that currently exist in the first few pages of the section.
You'd have your answers without waiting for others to post the answers. It's the fastest and best way to learn.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top