Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2017 7:55:26 PM EDT
So previously when i built a 9mm AR i used a kaw valley barrel which looked like this.

now that im shopping for another barrel,

i come across ones like these.

the 3rd one being usually i see on 5.5" barrels and the 1st two usually on shorter barrels.

does the barrel profile play an significant change when it comes to 9mm AR? im not talking the length, but the profile only.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

does the barrel profile play an significant change when it comes to 9mm AR? im not talking the length, but the profile only.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Remember this is a tech forum, Not GD.

Op, it won't matter in this instance. If the barrel was longer it could in theory. However with these short barrels. Think about pistols and how thick their barrels are. Carbines sometime see a much higher rate of fire, and I personally like the extra thick KAW barrel, but for lengths like this, it's all really just preference.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#4]
My first 9mm barrel back in 2003...  cut from stainless blank, and looks like Uzi front to take the Uzi mount AWC Mk9 I have

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Sir, E-mail sent to you.  Thanks, bwnva
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top