Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/12/2017 3:02:04 PM EDT
I'm a super busy guy with two businesses and a young daughter, but I try to make it my business to take a couple of hours to self a week and hit at least the indoor range. Shooting well is all about practicing, so I practice. Since I have been spending a lot of time at indoor ranges, I have been doing more handgun shooting than rifle shooting. My many awesome rifles have been terribly neglected. I know I can shoot them indoors, but I really MUCH prefer to shoot them at longer ranges outdoors. Even at shorter ranges, I think it is silly to shoot rifles in the closet that is the shooting range. To each their own.

Anyway my 22lr AR has not seen the love it deserves in the last two years. It is HANDS DOWN one of the funnest guns I have ever built. I have over 2000 rounds through it, and I have NEVER had a single failure. Nope not one. I mainly run American Eagle Suppressor ammo through it. I do so because it is clean burning ammo and does not foul my rifle or suppressor very much. In fact I have not cleaned my AR22 in almost 2000 rounds and it is not particularly dirty. Which surprises me. But the AE ammo is really a lot cleaner than most other 22 ammo.

My AR22 runs like a sewing machine. It just pops out the rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger. What I really love is that it doesn't move when I shoot it. It is so easy to make fast and accurate follow up shots it is unreal. My AR22 with a Suppressor on it get more attention on the range than my of my far more exotic guns. People just love it. I always let anyone who is interested in it, shoot it if they want. It is so much fun to shoot I should really bring it every week!

Here is 25 rounds shot Offhand at 25 yards indoors today.

-PSA Lower,
-Geisselle Trigger
-16" Core15 22 upper
-Troy 15" Rail
-Old Trijicon 1x24 Reflex Sight (still works great)
-SilencerCo Sparrow and sometimes my AAC Prodigy
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking rig.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
put a 4.5 inch barrel on it and come back and talk, those are fun
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet setup!!

I have a 22 conversion kit for my AR and stopped using it when 22LR got scarce.  Now that the supply is starting to come back, I should get it out.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
put a 4.5 inch barrel on it and come back and talk, those are fun
View Quote
Whats the longest it can be and still be subsonic? I have a barrel to cut down was wanting to try this.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for posting in your thread OP you reminded me about 22 AR goodness .
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Good looking stick!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
What barrel and bolt are you using?

Edit: Just seen it....Core 15...nevermind.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top