Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2017 5:14:29 AM EDT
I just recently picked up a new Nordic Components NCPCC. Here are some photos that I took with my friend and also a link to my overview video. I have heard that Nordic Components will also be making JUST the lowers available soon as well. That way folks can utilize their swappable magwells but build their own uppers to their liking.

Those who are familiar with what I do and who I am (trust me, it is ok if you do not. I am a nobody.) will understand that there is not much that impresses me much anymore when it comes to this platform. However, this PCC impresses me. The fit and finish are immaculate and the machining is just, it's just WOW.

VIDEO:
NEW Nordic Components PCC - 9mm Pistol Caliber Carbine

PICS:

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
cool concept
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like basically the same thing as what MGI has done for a wider range of calibers/mags instead of PCC calibers/mags only (not sure if they were first or who else may have also done something similar).

I wonder what is different between the MGI and Nordic patents as they both seem to be "essentially the same" product.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the concept. I'm interested to see what other magwells they might offer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#4]
This will hit huge when they get Sti/Svi 2011 mag wells done. The game gun crowd will eat them up.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Make one that runs .45 and I'll buy one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:21:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Ready made PCC magwells, did you say?

I need one of those...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#8]
It's too bad Nordic won't/doesnt/can't distribute these in Canada... PCC's seem to have become the latest trend... They could sell many... I'd grab one for sure.
I know we're a small market and probably not worth the hassle,  but... it woukd be nice to have access to quality PCC's
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I just checked their website and it looks like the lowers are available now. NCPCC Lower Receiver

According to their Facebook, these are the magwells that will be available (coming soon):

Glock Competition (flared magwell)
2011 Competition (flared magwell)
Sig 320
Beretta 92
Sig 226/228
CZ75
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#10]
If more initial reviews are good, I'm in.  Interested in Glock and P320 patterns primarily.  It would be cool if they could add Colt SMG and MP5.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Very nice indeed......may have to get one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This will hit huge when they get Sti/Svi 2011 mag wells done. The game gun crowd will eat them up.
View Quote
I was struggling to decide between reading this in Trumps voice and substituted 'yuge' for huge or reading it in the voice of Kenny Bania from Seinfeld (It's gold Jerry, gold!).

If you look back at FBI manufacturing reports, STI only makes a few thousand pistols a year (6,155 in 2013 - 3,728 in 2014 - 6,908 in 2015) and SVI makes even less (314 in 2013 - 464 in 2014 - not even on 2015 report).  I know STI makes gamer guns and some more regular models, but not sure what percentage is gamer guns.

Is there really some huge untapped potential among the gamer crowd for more options that use S_I mags?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I would like a HK USP magwell. Only problem the the hi capacity mag for the usp is ridiculously priced.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Well...as we know...Colt style and Glock mags are pretty cheap.
That cost factor has keep me buying lowers and building just for those 2 platforms.

BUT.... I could see this as being a good yet less expensive platform for using other mags that are sorta affordable, like the Evo Scorpion or SIG MPX mags.

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:52:39 AM EDT
[#15]
To me it would make sense to buy this lower and SBR it.  That way I could run a variety of mags (hopefully one day calibers, ie .45acp) on one lower.

I already have colt pattern and Glock pattern ar9s so it would not be cost effective to buy this lower.  More caliber options would make me think about buying one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 6:04:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To me it would make sense to buy this lower and SBR it.  That way I could run a variety of mags (hopefully one day calibers, ie .45acp) on one lower.

I already have colt pattern and Glock pattern ar9s so it would not be cost effective to buy this lower.  More caliber options would make me think about buying one.
View Quote
I'm in the same boat. Already have an SBR'd Glock mag lower, a few ARs which will run a mag block for Colt mags, and I'll be sending in a form 1 soon for an RMW GG mag lower to cover the .45.

If I was just getting into the PCC game now I'd give this a serious look.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was struggling to decide between reading this in Trumps voice and substituted 'yuge' for huge or reading it in the voice of Kenny Bania from Seinfeld (It's gold Jerry, gold!).

If you look back at FBI manufacturing reports, STI only makes a few thousand pistols a year (6,155 in 2013 - 3,728 in 2014 - 6,908 in 2015) and SVI makes even less (314 in 2013 - 464 in 2014 - not even on 2015 report).  I know STI makes gamer guns and some more regular models, but not sure what percentage is gamer guns.

Is there really some huge untapped potential among the gamer crowd for more options that use S_I mags?
View Quote
Lots of shooting comps have added a PCC class. Also STI has been in business for 20yrs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lots of shooting comps have added a PCC class. Also STI has been in business for 20yrs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize that.  STI has made/makes single stack 1911s and 2011s, but how many actual "2011 style gamer guns" have they made in that time (and in what calibers, I would assume quite a few in 38 super and .40, in addition to 9x19 and 9x23)?  What subset of those owners already have an ample supply of big stick mags to go along with those guns?  And, how many of that subset of owners do you believe really want a lower that uses those mags?  Will those shooting 38 super or 9x23 or some other odd caliber want this lower?  I also don't think very many people that don't have any S_I guns/mags are going to rush out to buy the lower and then go out and buy $60+ mags for it?

I get the excitement over something new or different, but my guess is the market potential is likely to be small (like 3 or 4 digits small).  My guess is that some of the announced magwells may not ever come to fruition.

Besides, I thought the go to PCCs in competition were, in no particular order, HK94/MP5/clone, Scorpion, MPX, Metalform/Glock mag AR9 (JP/Wilson/other).
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for posting. I was intrigued by that when they announced it at SHOT.

What kind of buffer system does it use? Weight/length/spring etc? Is it just a standard trigger as well?

Just curious what a manufacturer uses as I'm trying to get my own PCC reliable. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#20]
M&P mags and I'm I'm for one. You would think they would be more popular than the CZ at least.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
M&P mags and I'm I'm for one. You would think they would be more popular than the CZ at least.
View Quote
Are there 30ish round S&W M&P mags besides pro mag? I looked and couldn't find anything else. I would be interested if there were reliable 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No.  The only option other than Promag is using a mag extension, like the TTI or Taylor Freelance stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there 30ish round S&W M&P mags besides pro mag? I looked and couldn't find anything else. I would be interested if there were reliable 30 rounders.
No.  The only option other than Promag is using a mag extension, like the TTI or Taylor Freelance stuff.
Bummer, thanks.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top