Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2017 11:00:54 AM EDT
I have a PSA  top drop in mag block for 9mm Colt style mags. The feed ramp has a little wobble, and the ejector has a bit too. Is this ok?

Was thinking about unscrewing it, add some JB Weld or epoxy to the hidden part of the feedramp supporting shaft nestled down in the block to firm it up if necessary. I already gave it a few mags and it feeds ok, just don't want it to snap off under continuous use.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine looks more like 1/4 ish - without mic'ing it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#3]
So...is the block itself wobbly, or is it the ramp & ejector that wobble within the adaptor?

I've not yet seen a PSA adaptor block, but my Hahn top loader has zero play, either in how it sits in the magwell or the ramp & extractor within the adaptor.

If those are steel parts embedded in a plastic body I'd make sure they're not working loose.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Have a KAK bottom install adapter the feed ramp is solid but the ejector has a little built in spring loaded movement side to side looks like it is supposed to have it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So...is the block itself wobbly, or is it the ramp & ejector that wobble within the adaptor?

I've not yet seen a PSA adaptor block, but my Hahn top loader has zero play, either in how it sits in the magwell or the ramp & extractor within the adaptor.

If those are steel parts embedded in a plastic body I'd make sure they're not working loose.
View Quote
I'm referring to the ramp itself, these is a micro bit of play between the hidden post support - which is in the block - and the block itself. The block slips in nicely with no real play. 
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 PSA mag blocks, and both exhibit a bit of play in the feed ramp just as you are describing.
I've completely disassembled both blocks to see what's going on, and it seems to be "the nature of the beast" with these.
The movement is so minimal that I decided it was simply not worth worrying about or attempting any "repair" on.
Both guns using these mag blocks (one rifle and one pistol) run like sewing machines.
End of issue for me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have 2 PSA mag blocks, and both exhibit a bit of play in the feed ramp just as you are describing.
I've completely disassembled both blocks to see what's going on, and it seems to be "the nature of the beast" with these.
The movement is so minimal that I decided it was simply not worth worrying about or attempting any "repair" on.
Both guns using these mag blocks (one rifle and one pistol) run like sewing machines.
End of issue for me.
View Quote
Thanks - sounds just like mine.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top