Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/20/2017 3:43:55 PM EDT
Hello gang,

I have a ST Glock forged lower together with a Sprinco red spring, KVP 7.5 buffer and a BA 5.5" barrel. Today I went out to test it out with a hole bunch of different 9mm rounds I had lying around. The LRBHO only worked 40% of the times and mostly with ETS 33rd mags. I also used Magpul and factory Glock mags to test it out. Could the Spinco red buffer spring be the cause of the LRBHO not working ?? of the time? Should I try it out with an extra power Wolff, enhaced JP or blue Sprinco? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
ST Glock lower?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
When you manually cycle the bolt with an empty mag inserted, other than the ETS 33rd mag, will it lock back?

What upper receiver are you using? Another forum member mentioned how it could depend on the upper and how much material is on the inside edge where the LRBHO bar is at on these lowers. He said one of his uppers works with it, while another he has does not.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep
View Quote
Wasn't aware "Spikes Tactical" was making 9mm Glock lowers.  You may need to adjust the bolt hold open bar.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When you manually cycle the bolt with an empty mag inserted, other than the ETS 33rd mag, will it lock back?
View Quote
It locks back on all my mags when i do it manually.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What upper receiver are you using? Another forum member mentioned how it could depend on the upper and how much material is on the inside edge where the LRBHO bar is at on these lowers. He said one of his uppers works with it, while another he has does not.
View Quote
I'm using a ST slick side upper with a KVP bcg.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Are the Spikes upper and lower advertised as being LRBHO?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I just built a PSA LRBHO that everyone says looks like the ST.  I put a good coat of oil on and in the LRBHO mechanism and worked it by hand before firing.  I could feel it loosened up significantly when hand cycling.  Shot 450 rounds, it failed on one mag, and that was towards the end of the day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are the Spikes upper and lower advertised as being LRBHO?
View Quote
The lower is LRBHO and the upper is a standard AR15 upper with no forward assist or deflector.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just built a PSA LRBHO that everyone says looks like the ST.  I put a good coat of oil on and in the LRBHO mechanism and worked it by hand before firing.  I could feel it loosened up significantly when hand cycling.  Shot 450 rounds, it failed on one mag, and that was towards the end of the day.
View Quote
What buffer?spring combo do you have on it? My setup ran great with FMJs, it was the LRBHO that didn't work all the time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The lower is LRBHO and the upper is a standard AR15 upper with no forward assist or deflector.
View Quote
I could be wrong as I'm just now building a PCC, but it's my understanding that both the lower and the upper may need to be set up specifically for LRBHO for it to work consistently.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I could be wrong as I'm just now building a PCC, but it's my understanding that both the lower and the upper may need to be set up specifically for LRBHO for it to work consistently.
View Quote
I don't believe so, either the top or the bottom needs to be LRBHO. I don't think it will work with both having that feature.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe only NFA style lowers and the first generation of PSA lowers needed an upper for it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top