BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2017 12:10:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Well...

It would seem that you printed up an AR 9mm lower without thinking it through all the way, and now it's come to bite you in the ass.
You may want to go get an 100% or  80% lower to use while you figure this one out.

I would say you'll need to use an NFA 9mm glock lower ejector,  know exactly where it will need to be dimensionally, and have the ability to mill a slot,
and then to have the ejector captured in some way....via set-screw, or a pin, or...??

New Frontier ejector

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The biggest reason I suggested getting a lower is you'll have a baseline to determine what you need to do.
It will give you a starting dimension for the slot location/size.

Then once you are satisfied with your printed lowers...just sell it.

Another thing I found useful...cheap endoscope off amazon to look down the barrel to verify the ejector isn't dragging the bolt when it is installed.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I do recall one of the uppers having the ejector built into it.
I have an uncle with one. It has a wire in the upper that rides near the bolt.
I thought NFA had one like that too.
Honestly not sure what upper he has though, but he probably bought it as a complete gun instead of putting one together.
could have been runner runner guns.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
db tap
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Just get a PSA or CMMG 9mm ejector.  It mounts in a round hole and is secured with a roll pin.  You should be able to drill the required holes in your printed lower to mount it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get a PSA or CMMG 9mm ejector.  It mounts in a round hole and is secured with a roll pin.  You should be able to drill the required holes in your printed lower to mount it.
View Quote
And if he is off when he drills the hole, it may not work right.

This is why a slot is better, it will provide adjustment front to rear, and it can be easily adjusted to the left or right,
All this without having to remove a roll pin.

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:35:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't Olympic uppers have the ejector on a pin that went through the upper?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top