AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So when will you be offering conversion services? :)
View Quote
 unfortunately:

Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Heehee well, I have a chassis and a Glock 17. If you could would you put up a detailed guide on exactly what was modified and how? Your pics are great but exactness for those of us who are about to venture down this path would be awesome!

I also think I could shoot some bacon out of a can cannon
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Take my money already!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I respect you SO HARD right now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I respect you SO HARD right now.
View Quote
Yup

#NoHomo

OP, your ingenuity is awesome.

Please post some detailed build plans for us simple folk who desire to have an FMG-9 so desperately, and who cannot wait for Magpul to deliver.

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:04:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Finally got my stamp, after fixing the issue I had with my form 1. Now I can really get started.  I plan to go a different route for the rear slide rail. Going to cut it out of the 80% glock lower.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Finally got my stamp, after fixing the issue I had with my form 1. Now I can really get started.  I plan to go a different route for the rear slide rail. Going to cut it out of the 80% glock lower.
View Quote
The Polymer80 glock frames use plastic rear rails, so keep that in mind.
By the time you whittle it down enough to fit in the FPG frame there won't be much left besides the trigger pack itself.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
By the time you whittle it down enough to fit in the FPG frame there won't be much left besides the trigger pack itself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The new ones use a steel insert.  The full size won't be available until Fall though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I did not know that

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

You'll probably want to insert or weld a steel front plate onto the trigger housing so that when the magazines rotate up from the folded position, the case rim and feed lips don't drag or damage the trigger housing.  You might be able to hack up the airsoft trigger housing to serve this purpose.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmm, I didn't know that either. Looks like I'll wait for the updated version to salvage parts from!
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#11]
bump
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#12]
The compact version of the Polymer80 uses a steel insert for the rear rails and they're changing the full sized to use it as well.  I would definitely hold off on buying the full sized until the new model comes out unless you just really want the older model since they keep clearance pricing them.  Far too many people reporting problems with them and you know they're having issues when they've knocked the prices down to $50 trying to sell them.  I had some issues with my compact model but nothing like the full sized supposedly has.  It's a neat product with a ton of potential but Polymer80 really needs to get their QC under control.  

This thread in the Glock subforum may help you some or give you some ideas.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#13]
archive bump
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#14]
The full size P80 with steel insert is available from Brownells at least, maybe other dealers as well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#15]
So, what's the status on the FMG?
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Been shooting it some more, seems to have worked out most of the kinks.
Still getting the occasional stovepipe every now and then, but I my not get away from that 100% without re-designing the whole top cover...
I was tearing up a steel dualing tree with it after the last match.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I meant the PDR
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I meant the PDR
View Quote
I pulled it out the other day, tinkering with some new ideas.

Got a spare FS2000 bolt laying around that I can "borrow" ?
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe I'll find a good black friday deal on some bulk 147's, that seems to be the best answer to the stovepipes short of making a new, more open top cover...

Link Posted: 11/22/2017 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Maybe I'll find a good black friday deal on some bulk 147's, that seems to be the best answer to the stovepipes short of making a new, more open top cover...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrzl_mXGOxM
View Quote
Awesome. I feel like I'm playing a game.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Awesome. I feel like I'm playing a game.
View Quote
Nerf War: First Person Shooter 6
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top