Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2017 6:17:46 PM EDT
I have a DDLES AR15 PCC. It needs an optic. I'd like to give a holographic optic a try instead of the red dot type. My budget is up to the 300 ish range. I could probably go more if it is a no-brainier. So far in my reading it looks like the holo sun HS510c might be my best option. What would you go with?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a DDLES AR15 PCC. It needs an optic. I'd like to give a holographic optic a try instead of the red dot type. My budget is up to the 300 ish range. I could probably go more if it is a no-brainier. So far in my reading it looks like the holo sun HS510c might be my best option. What would you go with?
View Quote

I went with a Vortex Spitfire.  Outstanding optic!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both a Vortex Spitfire and SPARC II....both were at the less than $200 price point... I have a rather bad astigmatism, and the ability to focus the Spitfire due to the etched prism was a selling point... I don't particularly like the multiple concentric circles and would like a larger center dot... the red dot SPARC is currently on the PCC as the dot is fairly spherical (unlike other dot sights) when looking through my distant lens portion of my bifocals...it replaces my 1.5x16 ACOG, that with the slight magnification was a little slow in transitions.... poppers and not so much paper targets...after Area 6 Multigun in two weeks, will get back to working with the PCC
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#4]
C-more railway, it bolt directly to the flattop, no need for a riser
Ive tried tube type red dots and found them to be slow when transitioning from target target
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the C-MORE on a steel gun and concur that open reflex sights are much faster on transitions. Get an 8 MOA or larger dot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:42:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for the C-More.  Have them on both of my PCCs.....very quick compared to tube sights.  Using a 8moa size dot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Using Sig Romeo 3 (reflex sight) with tipping Vortex 3X magnifier for shots over 35 yds.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#8]
C-More railway
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I just put a Holosun 503GU on mine. Hot damn I like it.

It has a circle dot reticle or a red dot.

The circle dot isn't too bad with my astigmatism. I want to replace my 403GL now :(

Make sure you order a better mount though. The factory ones are junk and the mounting screw is prone to snapping.

I put this one in a Seekins, my 403GL is going on my HD Rifle in a ADM Mount paired with fixed DD Irons.

Downside it is a tube optic, but these kind of optics are pretty robust.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just put a Holosun 503GU on mine. Hot damn I like it.

It has a circle dot reticle or a red dot.

The circle dot isn't too bad with my astigmatism. I want to replace my 403GL now :(

Make sure you order a better mount though. The factory ones are junk and the mounting screw is prone to snapping.

I put this one in a Seekins, my 403GL is going on my HD Rifle in a ADM Mount paired with fixed DD Irons.

Downside it is a tube optic, but these kind of optics are pretty robust.
View Quote
Yep, my mounting bolt snapped on the first shot after I mounted it.  I emailed Holosun and a few days later I got an envelope with 2 extra bolts.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top