Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2017 9:52:06 AM EDT
I'm starting on a 9mm build and like the look of the upper receivers without the forward assist or brass deflector.  I'm a left handed shooter.  Wondering if anyone has any experience with getting hit in the face with ejected cases with these uppers.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
no forward assist, but alot of them have deflectors.  check out Vytamen C
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm starting on a 9mm build and like the look of the upper receivers without the forward assist or brass deflector.  I'm a left handed shooter.  Wondering if anyone has any experience with getting hit in the face with ejected cases with these uppers.

Thanks!
View Quote
I shoot lefty and don't have an issue with ejected cases.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The deflector on a 9mm upper is more about gas than brass especially if you shoot suppressed
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a lefty and I have a PSA 9mm upper without the brass deflector. I have no problems with the brass hitting me, it ejects out at 3 o'clock.
I do get some powder residue in my face depending on the load I'm shooting.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Great!  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
You don't need a special upper to use that 9mm gas deflector and short ejection port door.  They work with pretty much any upper that can take a regular ejection port door - even a regular upper with forward assist.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You don't need a special upper to use that 9mm gas deflector and short ejection port door.  They work with pretty much any upper that can take a regular ejection port door - even a regular upper with forward assist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yeah...I know...was replying to the upur-3 upper which can't use a door/deflector.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I run uppers with no FA and deflector, but a port cover like this:

with a gas deflector kit/half port cover, resulting in this:

because that's the way God and Colt meant it to be.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah...I know...was replying to the upur-3 upper which can't use a door/deflector.
View Quote
I was just piggybacking on your post to say any upper that will take a regular ejection port door should work with a 9mm specific one.  No offense intended.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top