Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 8:00:56 PM EDT
Hi guys,
So I picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P AR-22 first mod will be a new trigger.
I prefer a 2 stage 1.5 lb. 1st stage, and a 1lb 2nd stage ..Only because that is what I have on my other AR's ( jewel triggers)
Since jewel isn't making there ar-15 triggers any more can some one suggest a nice trigger..i can live with a single stage trigger..I'm just not sure what all work best with a rimfire AR.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
My experience with M&P 1522 is you need hard hammer strike, I went with CMC 3 1/2" # curved trigger known for hard strike
I also use  CMC  3 1/2# for my AR47
I think Timney has  couple that may work if you desire lighter pull
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:21:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My experience with M&P 1522 is you need hard hammer strike, I went with CMC 3 1/2" # curved trigger known for hard strike
I also use  CMC  3 1/2# for my AR47
I think Timney has  couple that may work if you desire lighter pull
View Quote
I use the same trigger on my Tactical Solutions AR22 and love it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:37:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Hiperfire 24C is very expensive, but they claim to have the highest hammer energy, but at the same time, very light trigger pull (2lb) if I recall correctly.  I have one in my SBR lower that I use with a dedicated .22LR upper on occasion and really love it.  I've had no problems with any .22LR ammo, but I used the medium springs for about a 4lb pull.  The lightest springs are too light for my taste, but those give you the highest hammer energy.  Take a look at them...  1 stage trigger.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys..There are somany option now says it's hard to make a decision..I wish Jewell still made there at trigger..I talk to them last night and was told they stop production on then for now..
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive got one of the cheap 3lb single stage Velocity triggers in mine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone try a RRA varmint 2 stage trigger..3.5 lb. Pull 88$ ..I may go this rout
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the Franklin Armory BFS III will work in an M&P 15-22.  Here is a vid of the BFS III in a built-up AR15 22LR suppressed SBR:  https://youtu.be/b_P9f0mEras
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Jard with a 1 1/2# spring in my plinker.

Ken
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ive got one of the cheap 3lb single stage Velocity triggers in mine.
View Quote
+1 for the Velocity trigger. Works well in my AR-22.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
+1 for the Velocity trigger. Works well in my AR-22.
View Quote
I like the Velocity, but have had light strikes with the 3.5# curved. Also have had a few with SSA-E.

Triggers I have that have functioned 100%

RRA NM w/JP yellow springs
Larue MBT
ALG Both models
CMC
Every "mil-spec" style trigger
WMD nickel boron coated
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hi guys,
So I picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P AR-22 first mod will be a new trigger.
I prefer a 2 stage 1.5 lb. 1st stage, and a 1lb 2nd stage ..Only because that is what I have on my other AR's ( jewel triggers)
Since jewel isn't making there ar-15 triggers any more can some one suggest a nice trigger..i can live with a single stage trigger..I'm just not sure what all work best with a rimfire AR.
Thanks
View Quote

RRA varmint works if you want a 2-stage.  I'm sure the Larue MBT works too.
Timney 308 works if you want a single stage.  Do not use Timney 556 because it doesn't have enough hammer energy (I tried).
Rise Armament RA140 seemed to work.  I have one but haven't not used it more than once in the dedicated .22 mode to say for sure.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:50:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I went with the RRA match varmint 3.5 lb. Trigger..love it!! Very nice 2 stage trigger ,smooth, not gritty at all, easy install, perfect ..for 88$.. can't beat it..of course that's just (my opinion)..
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top