Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2017 12:31:18 AM EDT
https://thearmsguide.com/12897/quarter-circle-10s-qc-5-9mm-ar-uses-mp-5-mags/

Quarter Circle 10 says receivers are currently coming off the machines. The QC-5 will be available for purchase, as a receiver set and as a complete firearm Summer 2017
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to believe it, but I can't say i have ever seen anything in stock at QC-10 in a very long time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd like to believe it, but I can't say i have ever seen anything in stock at QC-10 in a very long time.
View Quote
I'm still waiting to buy one of their uppers. I haven't seen one in stock for awhile. Maybe they should concentrate on production.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#3]
We shall see. Hope they don't list them to high. It's a buyers market right now and high prices will not do well . I'm hoping for $299 a set
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We shall see. Hope they don't list them to high. It's a buyers market right now and high prices will not do well . I'm hoping for $299 a set
View Quote
Isn't the MSRP/direct pricing on their current stuff around $400-500/set?  If so, why would they want to price a new product below that level?

What is the typical street price of their product?  How much of a discount to MSRP/direct pricing can it typically be bought at?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Neat but I still don't get the draw to it. If you have a ton of MP5 mags, you are shooting a MP5. If you are new to 9mm ARs you probably got with a Colt mag or Glock mag setup.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think they update their inventory on there website very often, 3 times now when I've called on a product that was out of stock on the website I have received it in 2 days ( their shop only few hours away from my place).

I suggest calling them to verify, worked for me.

As for the mp5 mag ar lower, meh like the option but the way I see it if you have mp5 mags you already have an mp5.  And if you want an mp5 better off spending a few hundred more and getting a clone, with all the other benefits of the mp5.  

Just my opinion though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Niche product.

Soft market.

Price will determine the success of this product IMHO. You can get a POF MP5 for around $1300(when in stock).

So if the upper/lower set is priced too high, once you factor in an additional $500+ to complete your build, it's hard to justify the cost.

I was committed to get one ages ago, but now only so-so.

Will wait for real world reviews if it actually shows up.

A nice launch discount might help.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
If I had spare $$ to spend on unimportant stuff right now, this would be high on the list.

But I don't.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Neat but I still don't get the draw to it. If you have a ton of MP5 mags, you are shooting a MP5. If you are new to 9mm ARs you probably got with a Colt mag or Glock mag setup.
View Quote
I've already got those.
I'll be getting one of these.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Hard to justify expensive MP5 mags when Colt 9mm mags are going for $13.00 and Glock mags are $20.00. Plus they are easy to find. I'll admit there is a sexyness to a curve mag, but that would not justify their logic.

I give them lots of props on this endevor and wish them the greatest of success, but the realist in me don't see it happening.

Now design a curve mag for a Colt style AR9 lower and I can see it being a hit. There you have it. Curve mags for the AR9, problem solved. Just pitch it as more reliable, modeled/designed after MP5 mags, Bla Bla Bla and a lot of us will eat it up for sure. I'll pay $40-$60 for one if someone makes it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Isn't the MSRP/direct pricing on their current stuff around $400-500/set?  If so, why would they want to price a new product below that level?

What is the typical street price of their product?  How much of a discount to MSRP/direct pricing can it typically be bought at?
View Quote
Considering that there are several other players in the AR9 market now that are cheaper make me think QC10 is to high. I have two early production qc10 lowers ($274 each) and I love them but currently PSA ar9 lowers are killing them on the price. I suspect that they are going to ask 600-700 for the mp5 set. Imo it's to much for a niche market. We will see
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sold the 2 MP5 clones I had, but kept some mags, have at least 6 still. SBRs were a no-go in WA at the time and a 16" 9mm carbine is just silly

If it was cheap enough Id buy a MP5 magwell receiver, I already some 9mm AR pistols in Glock and Colt mag flavors.  
Come on cheap pricing !
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Now design a curve mag for a Colt style AR9 lower and I can see it being a hit. There you have it. Curve mags for the AR9, problem solved. Just pitch it as more reliable, modeled/designed after MP5 mags, Bla Bla Bla and a lot of us will eat it up for sure. I'll pay $40-$60 for one if someone makes it.
View Quote
I begged C Products to make a curved magazine instead of straight when they were in the design process for a 9mm AR magazine.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:31:52 AM EDT
[#15]
This is going to be an upper lower set due to width of the MP5 mag.

ETS is about to release their MP5 mag so that cost should be minimized.

But if its too expensive, only the fanbois will likely buy.

At the right price point it may sell well.

Time will tell.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:17:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I bet lots of people won't be able to get past the no bolt hold open on these as well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Sweet I can finally pay $50 a mag, I was feeling a little rich purchasing $12.99 psa mags for a minute there, fuck mp5 mag ar's, who's dumb enough to buy this shit
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I begged C Products to make a curved magazine instead of straight when they were in the design process for a 9mm AR magazine.
View Quote
Crap I'd have ar9 curved mags from c products that would not work

Metalform curved ar9 mags are more appealing

Seriously why has not someone does a curved colt pattern mag. It would make sense
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#20]
BUMP
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sweet I can finally pay $50 a mag, I was feeling a little rich purchasing $12.99 psa mags for a minute there, fuck mp5 mag ar's, who's dumb enough to buy this shit
View Quote
Yep.  The only way these are going to sell is if the ETS mags end up less than $20, but still no LRBHO..

I'll probably stick with the colt pattern.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Seriously why has not someone does a curved colt pattern mag. It would make sense
View Quote

These are scarce as hen's teeth.

I've been fruitlessly looking for more for 20 years.

I'd be pretty happy if Metalform would make a curved mag, that would solve the fountaining etc.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:28:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Well....

Here's  a thread from Jan 2016 that shows the  QC10 with MP5 mags.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/688200_.html

So it's been a year and a half, hyped-up at shot-show two years in a row, and it still hasn't been manufactured, released, or sold.

It would seem to be vaporware.

Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:39:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

http://muzepix.com/ar/mags/9mmcurved1.jpg

I'd be pretty happy if Metalform would make a curved mag, that would solve the fountaining etc.
View Quote
Me too. I have two of them. Can't find any to mod myself.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you know if those use the same springs, follower s,and end plates as the straight mags? If they do first person to make them would make a killing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone who has ever loaded a few 9mm Colt mags, followed by a few MP5 mags, quickly quits loading colt mags.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone who has ever loaded a few 9mm Colt mags, followed by a few MP5 mags, quickly quits loading colt mags.
View Quote
Indeed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do you know if those use the same springs, follower s,and end plates as the straight mags? If they do first person to make them would make a killing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have no parts in common with Colt magazines. Those were made from surplus mags for some obscure old 9mm subgun at the beginning of the AWB in the 90's, before ATF made a ruling on modifying preban magazines.
Quoted:
Me too. I have two of them. Can't find any to mod myself.
I also bought two, I haven't seen any of the modified ones or the original old mags since. I tried to find some surplus mags after 2004 but they're unobtanium.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I already own a bunch of MP5 mags but with all the glock mag lowers on the market now those seem like the far more practical option.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
That whole thing is very sexy looking.  

Id love to have one but wont hold my breath.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Indeed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Indeed.
Bought my Maglula for Colt 9mm mags after loading my first, haha.

Doing the bump loading technique (put round on top of feedlips with your thumb on top, lift the mag about 2" before swinging back down with a little speed and push your thumb down as the baseplate hits the bench top) did help, but I'd rather not bash up my bench/floor or the mags to do every load like that.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top